twenty

a/n: let's pretend RV wasn't on inkigayo Sunday for the purpose of this... 

Her phone is ringing and she panics. Jaebum's always had this weird timing, where he'd call her right before she's about to surprise him and it's annoying while also endearing. She answers, eyes wide as she tries to calm her heart. "Hello?"

"Hey! Sorry to bother you if you're busy..."

"No, no. It's okay..."

"My solo stage is going to start soon, and I'm a little nervous about it? It's weird doing a full thirty minute set by myself instead of just like one song."

"I'm sure you'll do great, Beomie! You've worked so hard!" Seulgi gushes, her heart instantly relaxed as she tries to assure her boyfriend that he has nothing to worry about.

"What if I mess up? I only had a week to prepare, and what if I rushed..."

"It happens. We're our own toughest critic. You are an amazing singer, an amazing performer, and my amazing boyfriend. You're also one of the hardest workers that I know, and the Thai ahgases are going to love your set and appreciate all the work you've put into it, no matter the outcome." Seulgi rambles, but she knows it's working and Jaebum's relaxing judging by his sighs. "I... wish I could be there?"

"I wish you could too, but it's okay. You have work.. or well kind of? I know all the music shows are on hold because of the Typhoon right? But you still filmed?"

"Yeah yeah. We also had our goodbye stage."

"Two weeks have flew by, huh? I have to go soon... I just wanted to talk to you so you could make me feel better."

"I hope I was of assistance."

"You always are. So what are your plans today?"

"Nothing... hanging out with Wendy."

"Oh tell her I said hi. I'll call you after the show babe! I have to do a soundcheck with the boys before Mark's show."

"Okay, I'll see you later!!" She hangs up before he can correct her, and puts her phone down, peeking over at Wendy who's giggling into her hand.

The truth is, they're both in Thailand right now, to support the boys since their schedule slightly allowed for this. They're only there for one day, and will leave out early the next morning, but it's better than nothing. Seulgi didn't want to possibly miss this moment, especially when Jaebum was so nervous about it. She wanted to be supportive... and she was also very curious about his plans. He refused to tell her any specifics, keeping it all tight lipped and she wanted spoilers so she could mentally prepare herself.

Wendy came with her, as best friend and support, as well as for Mark. The two have been friends for a while, and are slowly entering dating territory. They're not as serious as Seulgi and Jaebum but they're having fun hanging out with each other. It's wholesome and cute, and Seulgi's happy because she wants more double dates when their schedules are free. Wendy and Mark have recently been getting closer, thanks to going to escape rooms with Seulgi and Jaebum.

They had just landed in Bangkok, and are now on their way to check into their hotel, freshen up and the head to Mark's show. "Did you tell Mark that you were coming?" Seulgi wonders. She's suddenly aware that her surprise can easily be ruined. Wendy laughs.

"I did, but I told him not to tell Jaebum at least since you were going because you wanted to surprise him."

"Okay... good. I planned with their manager to see Jaebum while Jinyoung's high touch is going on." Seulgi explains, "He's so nervous, and it's making me nervous too."