two

Jaebum's lying on the floor, scribbling down ideas for a new song. He has photo prints scattered all over the floor, trying to seek inspiration though it's a struggle right now. He misses Seulgi. Evident in how all his lyrics so far seem to be about longing to touch something that's not there. The studio is big enough for a small group, but Jaebum feels like the walls are closing in on him. He decides to call his girlfriend in hopes that she'll spark some ideas.

Grabbing his phone, he finds her contact information and goes to make a FaceTime call to Seulgi. His call gets rejected, so he sends her a text message with a ridiculous amount of crying emojis before tossing his phone onto the small loveseat he has. Jaebum tries not to sulk, but he ends up sulking. There's a knock on the studio door, and Jaebum groans. His manager was supposed to have left by now, he's responsible enough to make it home at a decent time, he even has the car tonight. He doesn't say anything, just lies there in self-pity, knowing his manager will let himself in.

"Yah! Im Jaebum!" It's weird, maybe he's losing it because he misses her, but his manager sounds a lot like Seulgi. Jaebum slowly sits up and turns towards the door. His mouth drops as he comes face-to-face with his girlfriend. She's wearing one of those dresses that look more like your boyfriend's shirt than anything else, yellow and bright, matching the smile on her face. Jaebum's on his feet faster than he thought possible, arms wrapping around her frame as he leans in to kiss her. "Why were you lying on the floor?"

"Brainstorming."

"How's that working out for you?"

"Horribly." Jaebum admits, peppering more and more kisses against her cheeks, Seulgi bursting into laughter before pushing him away.

"I'm sorry I didn't answer your call, I didn't want to give away my surprise."

"I'm surprised alright. How did you know I was here?"

"Jinyoung told me. I missed you."

"I missed you." Jaebum admits, "Come and have a seat." He gestures to the loveseat, and Seulgi walks over, placing her bag next to her while Jaebum sits back on the floor, collecting his prints and notebook. "I'm actually really happy to see you. I'm trying to write, but it's getting hard. So many photos, but none are inspiring me at the moment. How was your tour by the way? I heard you felt a bit sick in Miami, you're better now, right?"

"I am better, and the tour was great! In fact... I have more photos for you." Seulgi fishes around in her bag, pulling out little 2x3 polaroids. They range from scenic photos of the cities she visited, to selfies, and to group shots of her bandmates. There's a few of random couples she encountered at all the shopping malls she's visited, little notes written on the back about how much she missed him. It makes Jaebum smile, he's feeling drastically different now.

"Thanks for this, babe." Seulgi doesn't reply, her eyes instead scanning the space. From the orange, blue and grey walls, to his desk topped with his laptop, speakers, and candles they've gotten together. He has photos taped to the wall, all old inspiration and taken by himself, by her or from the internet. There's another stack on his keyboard, another on his desk, another on the tiny dresser pushed to a corner. There's a blanket neatly folded on the floor, and Seulgi wonders how many nights Jaebum decided to just sleep here instead of going home.

"I brought you a snack." Seulgi tells him, digging into her bag again to offer him a yogurt drink that he likes. "It's getting late, Jaebum."