five

"Jaebum! I heard that you wanted to speak with me." JYP smiles as he enters the conference room. "I hope it's good news, nothing bad."

Jaebum stands from where's he's seated, turns his phone over to cover it and bows to his boss. "Well, it depends on your point of view." Jaebum tells him, "Please have a seat." His palms are sweating, so he wipes them repeatedly on his jeans. He's nervous, and it's obvious.

"Is it about Got7? Your music? Endorsements?" JYP tries to piece together, trying to make Jaebum more comfortable, but it's not helping much.

"No, it's more of a personal matter."

"Oh, okay. Let's hear it."

"I don't really know how to begin." Jaebum licks his lips, clears his throat, sits up straighter, "I understand that some of your artists have dating bans, while others do not. Like, Ayeon, she can date freely to help...enhance her songwriting. Got7 has been nonstop since debut, and I never really put too much thought about dating, and what I was missing... but then... I met someone."

"Your dating ban is over, yes, but I do ask that you think long and hard before you pursue dating."

"That's the thing, hyung." Jaebum closes his eyes, it's easier this way, "This someone... I have really strong feelings for her. We've been dating, secretly, for two years, going on three. Our dates are late at night, usually when we have breaks in schedules, and we're very careful to not get caught. It's risky, I know, but she's very important to me. I've written so many songs inspired by her and our feelings for each other... my mixtape, Teenager, You Are, Look, Come On...Sunrise... just to name a few." Jaebum takes a break, looks at JYP in the eyes, "I guess, where I'm going with this... is that I would like your permission to reveal our relationship. I'm willing to stage a date if I must, I'm willing to send the photos to Dispatch myself... I'm willing to lie about how long we've been together as well. I just want to stop hiding her."

"Do Got7 know?"

"I haven't told them yet, but they might have a slight clue? They've worked with her before, we've worked with her before."

"Is she older?"

"No, we're the same age."

"Is she from a big company?"

"Yes... SM."

"Does her company know?"

"No, not yet."

"Give me time to think it over. We will discuss this more after Jus2 promotions are over." JYP concludes standing up, and preparing to leave. "Jaebum, who is she?"

"Kang Seulgi."

---

When Seulgi sees the newest teaser for Jus2, her heart skips a beat, and she can't hide the smile on her face. She's bursting from the seams, feeling every bit like a fangirl, and it's okay, because she is. She makes sure to send a text to Jaebum, complimenting his teaser and reminding him that she's about to tell the girls about their relationship. She's nervous, but the encouraging words Jaebum sends her help soothe her anxiety.

She waits until they're really alone, just the five of them gathered around their living room, eating a stew made by Wendy. "I have something to tell you all." Seulgi begins. "There's this boy..."

"Do you like someone?" Joy questions, "It's not the guy who put his number in your sandwich right?"

"No, no... it's someone else. I do like them... actually... I've been dating him, for a while now."