twenty-three

a/n: smut warning, also...not proof-read warning lol

"Look at you!" Seulgi exclaims, shoving her phone into Jaebeom's face. She's been refreshing Naver for the past thirty minutes, trying to read up on all the Got7 comeback interviews and look at the photos as they're released. She's already saved all of Jaebeom's photos to her device, setting one as her home screen wallpaper. "So handsome!"

"You're just saying that." He jokes, stretching his arms. It's only nine in the morning, and she's barely slept, too excited for the comeback tonight. "Why are you so engrossed in the interviews anyway? I'm right here, you can literally ask me about the album in person."

"Ssh." Seulgi hushes putting a finger to his lip, and Jaebeom laughs, kissing the tip. "You seriously chose yourself as the sexiest member?"

"If you continue reading, Mark and Jinyoung both agreed with me, so did I really choose myself?"

"Your exact words to the question 'who is the sexiest member' were 'I think it's me'. How is that not choosing yourself?"

"Whatever, do you disagree?"

"Well... no... but you really don't need your ego inflated more than it already is." She teases, laughing as he sits up and attacks her with tickles.

"Are you going to watch the showcase tonight?"

"Watch? I'm going to try to be there if La Rouge rehearsals permit me to." She smiles, "I don't want to miss it."

"That means a lot..."

"It's only fair. You support me, so of course I'm going to support you too." She leans down to peck his lips, "plus, I promised some exo and nct members to get some things signed for them."

"Just using me for all access fan signings, huh?" He jokes, pulling her in for more kisses. "I have to leave for work soon... gotta film a few things before soundchecks and the vlive."

"No... stay a little longer." She whines, her arms wrapping around his shoulders.

"I'm already late too often. I'm the leader, I have to set an example."

"Okay, Okay. I should probably get back to my dorm anyway."

"We'll see each other tonight though, right?"

"Yes! Even if I miss the showcase I'll come by."

Seulgi does not miss the showcase. She begs and pleads with her managers to allow her to leave La Rouge rehearsals early, promising to make up that practice time another day if they allow her this luxury. The venue is packed, as expected for such a comeback, and she's excited for the boys. She stands off to the sides, blending in with some of the staff members and prepares herself for a fun night.

She's blown away. The expectations were muddled, after hearing about the dislike fans were sending the boys' way from hearing the album teasers, as well as doubting Jaebeom's skill in songwriting. Got7 did not disappoint, sure, she would understand why some fans will think this sounds different from what they are used to, but at the same time the members aren't the same teens and young adults who debuted with Girls, Girls, Girls. They've all matured, so it's time their sound does too. Plus, she loves experimentation, after all, she is in Red Velvet.