twenty-five

There's a knock on the door, and her manager warns them that time is almost up. Jaebeom nods his head in acceptance while Seulgi sulks. "Why are you suddenly feeling this way?" She wonders, "I thought we were on the same page last month... is it something I've done? Is there someone else?"

"No, you did nothing wrong, and there definitely isn't anyone else." Jaebeom assures her. "It's about me... and what I've done, or haven't done. I'm holding you back."

"No you're not."

"I feel like I am."

"But you're not. Jaebeom, I know I don't say it often... because I'm new at this, even if we've been together for years, but you mean a lot to me... and I look forward to spending time with you. Especially after hectic schedules when I don't get to see you. I don't want you to leave me behind, especially when I need you the most right now..."

"But you don't need me."

"But I do! You're my reminder that I can have a life outside of being Red Velvet's Seulgi. I've trained for so long... I kind of forgot what's its like to have a normal life that's not about making music, dancing, photo shoots and expensive sponsorships. I don't know what or who got into your head, or if it's your own inner demons again... but believe me. You're my escape. You're my best friend, my boyfriend, my support system." She hugs him again, "but... if you insist... it'll be hard, but you can leave. I won't force you to do something that you don't want to do." Jaebeom sighs, his arms wrapping tightly around her.

"How can I leave when you admit what I've been wanting to hear? There's just so much... I want so much more for our relationship but we can't because of our careers. If we weren't idols, we'd probably be living in a nice apartment with all seven of our cats, sipping lattes as we binge dramas. We'd probably be a bit more serious... talking about engagements if not already engaged."

"We can have all of that.. you just have to be patient." She teases. "So does this mean that we're good?"

"Yeah, we're good."

"When's your flight to Vietnam? Can we get a late dinner together?"

"I leave in the morning."

"I leave at night..." she pouts, "so this is goodbye?"

"For now... yeah it is. But I'll see you there? If we can't sneak a date before."

"Okay!"

"We're wearing red..." he laughs, "matching Itzy apparently."

"So cute. We're wearing white on the carpet." She admits.

"Performing?"

"Umpah Umpah and Zimzalabim of course. You?"

"Title track, Crash and Burn and Hard Carry."

"Hard Carry? I'll be singing along." She giggles and Jaebeom places a kiss against her forehead. His first kiss for her all night, and he should really change that. "Get home safe, okay? Shower and then sleep. No late night playing around!" She scolds.

"Of course. Same to you, rest after a job well done. I'm still sad that I missed the concert."

"It's fine. Just try harder to come when we tour next year?"

"I will." He promises, hugging her once more before her manager reminds them that it's time to leave.