nineteen

As Jaebum makes his way towards Red Velvet's waiting room at the studio where Inkigayo is filmed, he just knows they'll win tonight and score an all kill on the music shows with their Umpah Umpah comeback. He's prepared, with a bag full of infamous Inkigayo sandwiches, and fruit juices. He greets a few idols that recognize him, ignoring their questioning looks because everyone knows Got7 isn't performing today. He stops to greet Itzy, congratulating them on the wins they've already secured, and promising to put in a good word to their Red Velvet unnies, though he knows that Red Velvet want to get close to them.

One of RV's managers is guarding the door when he arrives, and he lets Jaebum in after some rules and warnings because he's happy to have Jaebum here but he doesn't want Jaebum to be a distraction. He promises that won't be the case, and details that he even has an extra sandwich for the staff. That warms the manager up immediately, and he moves aside and lets Jaebum enter. He knocks first, waiting for verbal confirmation before peeking his head in.

All the girls are in their stage outfits already, a mix of colors and styles, and because he's biased, Seulgi's red ensemble captivates him the most. He bows, and greets them all quickly, though he makes his way towards her just as fast. "I brought food." he states, putting it down on the table and wrapping Seulgi in his arms.

"Thanks Jaebum-ssi." Irene, ever the polite Irene, states, careful opening the bags and handing everyone sandwiches and juices. Joy states she wants to share her sandwich with Hayoung, and leaves in a flash of long black hair tossed over her shoulder. Yerim laughs at her for it, like always.

"How is your break?" Wendy wonders as Jaebum crashes on a couch with Seulgi.

"Relaxing? But not? I'm still working, making music and preparing for Got7's next album." He explains.

"Have you streamed our album yet?" Yerim asks, and Jaebum can't help but laugh. Always the best promoter of RV.

"Yes, I have. I had pre-ordered it, so I got a free poster that I posted in my room." He's joking, partly. He did receive a free poster with his copy of the album, but his cats sleep on it, and he means that with no disrespect, because Seulgi found it funny instead of insulting. He also received Irene's travel kit, but forced Yugyeom to trade with him because he wanted Seulgi's instead.

"What's your favorite song?"

"Love is the Way." Jaebum answers, neglecting that he really enjoys the entire album, but he knows it's Seulgi's favorite song...so... yeah, he's absolute trash for her.

"Mine too," Seulgi reveals anyway, ripping into her sandwich and jumping slightly when a piece of paper falls out. Jaebum looks down at the paper, sees the phone number scrawled on it and he bites his tongue. Seulgi looks up at him, catching his gaze as she balls the paper up, and takes a bite of her sandwich before feeding him a bit. "After eating, I want to visit Sunmi. Will you come with me?"

"Sure."

He should have known it was a trap. Instead of visiting Sunmi, they sneak off to a restroom, locking themselves in. He's getting deja vu, remembering earlier this year when she received a phone number in her sandwich and how jealous he had gotten because of it. Now, it happens again, but this time... it was Jaebum who was getting the phone number. Seulgi pouts, cutely, because everything she does is cute, at least when she's not being sexy. "Why are you getting phone numbers? You're intimidating and scary, I know girls like bad boys but you? Everyone knows you have a girlfriend..." She cups his cheek, standing on her tiptoes to press a kiss against his lips. "You're my Jaebum..."

"Who is this new possessive and jealous Seulgi?"

"I now understand your reaction to last time. How dare someone slip a number into your sandwich, knowing that you're taken."