Chapter 49: Mon Amour

MHOREIN

"What? No. Nakita ko! Ako lang ang napuruhan!" I screamed at the nurse. She dropped her clipboard in shock.

"No! Get me out of here, They're not dead!" I ripped my IV out and tried to stand up.

"Maam, Please. Calm down." I looked at her and around me. No... No way.

"Please... You're lying. I dont know who you are and who you work for, But please. Not this." .

"Maam, You're in a state of shock and panic. Please try to calm down. I don't want them to tie you down." Lalong lumakas ang pag-iyak ko.

I breathed in and lied down.

"Leave me alone please..." Tears streamed down my face.

"I'll come back with doctors to check on you."

The moment she closed the door I sat up and screamed. The pain from knowing they're both gone just like that is unexplainable. I started throwing anything I can find around the room. Mostly upwards.

I heard glass break when I hit something on the ceiling. I smirked and wiped the tears on my face.

"Dead my ass..." Bulong ko.

I looked up to see a small camera blinking away. A couple more and the blinking turned off.

"I have to get out of here..."

Kung nasaan man si Chain at Aiden, Sana ayos lang sila.

I breathed in, A strong alcohol scent hit my nose. Smells like they sprayed a shit ton of alcohol in here instead of the scent building up over time.

"Kung wala ako sa hospital, Nasaan ako?"

I need to move quick. I already alarmed them with the camera turning off. Even if I didn't, That "nurse" lady would be back.

"Miss Agustin." I heard a familiar voice from behind me. My head shot up and faced him. A man with an all black tuxedo.

"Morse."

"Fancy seeing you here, Dear. Drink with me." I couldn't see his face through the mask but Im sure he was smiling.

"Anong ginagawa ko dito? Nasaan talaga sila?" He chuckled and sat down, Opening a bottle of wine.

"Here." He handed me a glass of wine.

Tumaas ang kilay nito nang ihagis ko ang baso at nabasag ito.

"Could've just told me you didn't want it." He lifted his mask up ever so slightly and took a sip. I could see the shape of his dark red lips.

"Serial killers wear makeup now?" He smirked.

"That, mon amour, Is not makeup." He licked his lips proving it wasn't.

"Wine really does stain." He laughed and crossed his legs.

"Do you know where you are? Mhorein?"

"Hindi." He pulled down his mask and stood up, Walking towards me.

"Did they send you here cause I broke the camera?" Tanong ko.

"No..." I felt chills go down my spine when his hand caressed my face.

"Such beauty and intelligence... To be left alone." His voice was familiar and it was deep. Mesmerizing, Charming.

I can see his dark green eyes through the mask.

"It doesn't even bother you." He chuckled.

"Ang alin?" I got goosebumps when he slowly moved towards my face, Then to my ear.

"That I kill... I hurt. I torture..." He whispered. His hand slid down my back.

"Nasaan sila?" I asked firmly.

"Gone. Theyre gone, Mhorein. He's gone."

His chin fell on my shoulder. He was playing with my hair. I breathed in the green apple scented cologne.

"Who are you? Morse..." Bulong ko.

"Stay here. You haven't eaten yet." He pulled away and slowly walked out of the room, Closing the door behind him.

My eyebrows met, Im confused. That was nothing like the Morse in the videos he sent nor was it like the Morse we met after Kalyan's party.

I opened my palm to reveal the keys he so generously let me steal from him.

"Bonjour!" He greeted when opening the door. He pulled out a table beside me and proudly presented a perfectly made chicken sandwich and carbonara. My left eyebrow rose.

"Well. Bon appetit!"

"Tanggalin mo ang maskara, Morse..." He stared at me.

"No can do, Darling... Enjoy your meal."

"What's in it?" He stared at the meal.

"Well, Common ingredients to chicken sandwiches and carbonara,"

"I did add lemon zest to that. But it will make it better, Trust me." I can see through his eyes that he's smiling.

"I am not going to hurt you." I looked at him.

"Bakit hindi?" He lowered his face to align mine.

"I don't want to." His finger flicked my chin.

"Naughty little detective!" He exclaimed and laughed.

"Hey!"

He grabbed my wrist and squeezed it as hard as he can causing my hand to open. The keys dropped on the floor and he chuckled.

"Don't be too smart for me. Just... Enjoy the moment." With that last remark he left... With the keys.

I stared at the meal he put infront of me.

Mukha naman itong normal. Masyadong normal.

I pushed the table aside and stood up. Something about Morse somehow makes me feel guilty about wanting to escape.

I walked towards the door and tried to open it. I stepped back when it creaked open.

"Hindi naman pala ito naka-lock..." I stepped outside and closed the door behind me.

Maingat akong naglibot sa lugar. Napakunot ang noo ko nang mapagtantong mukha lang naman itong normal na bahay.

Napatigil ako nang makarating ako sa parte ng 'bahay' na mukhang kusina.

"I can assure you, Those are real." I heard Morse say behind me as I examine the knives.

I faced him. His shoulder length hair wasn't hidden this time. His suit jacket was gone. It's just a polo shirt and black pants. He took his tie off and walked towards me.

"Why are you..."

"Take it off." Napaawang ang mga labi ko nang sabihin niya ito.

I stared at his eyes through the mask. My fingers traced the black plastic mask and its design.

I took it off and it revealed someone I knew but didn't expect. I found myself examining evey feature of his face.

"Don't say a word." My eyes widened with his next move.

His lips were now on mine.