Chapter 40 : Black Widow

MHOREIN

"Sorry about that. Tara na sa Trinity church." Sabi ni Chain paglabas na paglabas niya sa C.R.

Para bang iniiwasan na pagusapan namin ang nangyari sa kanya.

"Anong nangyari? Are you okay?" Tanong ko, Nginitian niya lamang ako.

"Im fine." He looked down and grabbed my car keys.

"Let's go, Mhorein. What are you waiting for?" I shook my head.

"Nothing... Let's just go." I stood up and followed him down to the parking lot. He handed me my keys.

"Saan ulit ang daan papuntang Trinity Church?" I asked as I close the door.

"Diretso lang, Hon. We'll probably get there in five minutes. Hindi naman 'to malayo." Chain slammed the door close. I started driving.

"Are you okay...?" I hesitantly asked. I held the steering wheel tightly.

"Im fine, hon. It's just the heat." Chain caressed my thigh.

"This is it. The church." I pulled over in front of a huge white building. In Front of it is a peaceful looking park with benches and food stalls. The place wasnt too crowded since it's Wednesday.

"Let's go in and try to find something." Chain got out of the car with me following him.

Naglibot kami sa loob ng Trinity church. Wala namang tao dito kaya tahimik.

Not a single soul, Even the priests and nuns or staff.

"Mhorein, Halika dito." I walked towards Chain across the church.

"What did you find?" He handed me a brown branded hand bag.

I opened it to see a few gold chains and a silver watch. Along with an I. D. And credit card. I held it up. Must be the credit card Mariel was talking about.

"Rodel Madrid
Sex: M
Address: ** **** ***
Madrid InterComp - ** ***** ***"

I handed the I. D. To Chain.

"Well." Chain pursed his lips.

"Tingin mo nandito lang siya sa paligid?"

"I guess we'll figure it out." I unlocked the phone inside the bag. My first instinct is to open his messages. An unknown number was his recent.

(Im ready for you. I'll pay as much as you want.)

(Oh. You would. Get ready for tonight, baby ;) )

(Sa Trinity church tayo magkikita. Tapos dadalhin na kita sa motel, Huwag kang magalala ako ang bahal sa lahat :) )

(I want jewelry as well. Pay me and him. So you can have all of me)

(Dont tell anyone about this)

(Oh... Of course.)

My eyebrows met.

"He's cheating on his wife." Sabi ko.

"Isa na namang ebidensya na baka iniwanan niya nalang ang asawa niya." Chain's right.

"Pero si Rodel Madrid. He's a prominent business man, And Scarlet targets those types of people."

I scrolled through his phone. I found it harder than it should be since his screen is busted.

"The outerior looks brand new and expensive. But the screen's busted... Parang sinadya na sirain o basagin ito." I said, Trying to make sense of everything.

"Mhor, You're thinking too deep into this. He couldve just dropped it." Siguro tama si Chain. Im thinking too deep into this because I think it's somehow connected to them.

Binuksan ko ang galery pero mayroon itong password.

I went back to home screen and deleted the app that locked the apps.

"Why would this be lock- Oh my god." I scrolled down to see multiple scandals and nude photos of the same woman. Either masked or not facing the camera. I watched the most recent video.

"Is it filming?" Tanong niya.

"Oo naman, Handa na ang lahat." A woman's voice answered. She wasnt facing the camera as usual. Her sophisticated feminine voice sounded so familiar.

"That's Rodel." Chain pointed at the screen.

"Yeah... " Unlike the videos on the tape, This one has audio. Malaking tulong na ito sa imbistigasyon namin.

"Gusto mo ba ng wine, Darling?" The woman laid down and grabbed the glass of wine from the bedside table. She handed it to him and crossed her legs, All that while still laying down.

"Salamat." Roel sipped on the glass rim and put it back down on the table.

Roel kneeled on the floor, Infront of her. He spread her legs and fit his face in the middle. I can see her hands grasping the white bedsheets.

"Alright, That's enough. Give me that." Chain took the phone out of my hands and skipped a few minutes after their love making.

Tumayo si Rodel.

We heard him softly laugh as he approaches the camera.

Seconds before he turns the camera off, He stopped. Stared at it and grabbed his chest. A face painted with horror stared at us.

The pain seemed to be worse every second, Until he finally fell down. Behind him is a woman that covered half of her face with a feathered mask wearing bright red lipstick.

She slowly walked towards the camera with grace and elegance.

Her lips faced the camera. She smirked before it went black. The screen flashed black and white. It's the same gothic letter S that we saw on the tape.

Chain and I remained silent. Nothing but the wind hustling filled the church. I heaved out a heavy breathe. We have to figure out where Roel's body is. I can feel my heart racing. I know I can handle them now. I wont breakdown trying. I focused on my breathing as I normally do.

"Now we know it is connected." Umupo si Chain sa isang hilera nang mga upuan sa simbahan. Tumingin siya sa akin na para bang nagtatanong ito.

"Blangko ang utak ko, Chain,"

"What do we do now? What does she want? We know they work together. Ano pa?" Chain asked.

I checked my phone and opened the photo of the code they left us at Lezran, In hopes that it can somehow help us.

"You seriously dont have a clue about this code?" Tanong ko. Chain shook his head.

"Ikaw nga, Hindi mo alam. Ako pa talaga ang tinatanong mo?" Bumuntong hininga si Chain.

Ilang minuto kaming hindi nagsalita bago nabasag ang katahimikan. Mayroong pamilyar na boses na nagsalita sa likod ko.

"Well hello detectives."