Chapter 24 : Au Revoir

MHOREIN

I woke up but saw nothing but darkness. I tried to be logical and think that Im alive, Instead of accepting the fact that this is what death looks like.

I tried to get a feel for where I am. My hands and feet seem to be tied up in a chair. I dont feel any type of pain. I tried to move the chair around to create a sound.

Iisa lang ang nasa isip ko. Nasaan si Chain?

"Aiden? Mhor!" I heard him scream.

"Chain! Andito ako! Im awake!"

"Oh thank god..." Rinig kong sabi niya.

I heard a loud whipping sound from what seemed like the next room. It was followed by a loud agonizing scream of a woman.

"Tama na! Ayoko na! Tulong! Tulungan niyo ko! Please!" I know that voice.

The sound of something thick hitting human flesh echoed from the next room. Again, It was followed with a loud scream, Begging them to stop what ever hell they made her go through.

"Chain!" I started to panic.

"Mhor, Calm down. Please." I heard Chain beside me.

"Nasaan sj Aiden?!" I wiggled in my seat.

I heard metal chains chankin before something screeched on the floor. I closed my eyes when the lights opened.

I let my eyes adjust to the lights before I opened them. We were surrounded by rusty metal walls. Infront of us were two huge men.

Beside me are my colleagues, Also tied to a metal chair.

"Bonjour!" A man in a black and white striped suit entered the room. He's wearing a mask and black gloves.

"Sino ka ba?! Anong kailangan mo?!" I roared. I struggled on my seat.

"You might remember me. Je mappele, Morse." Siya yung lalaki sa video.

"Unfortunately, My friends arent here to join me. So maybe you'll meet them some other time." He walked towards me and held my chin up.

"Acros expected that you'll have trouble saving Roxxane. So..." He let go of my face.

Tinignan ko ang entrance nang marinig na parang may kinakaladkag gamit ang mga kadena.

I felt my heart skip a beat when they threw Roxxane in front of me. She looked up and displayed a shocked expression. That later turned into regret and guilt.

"We brought you to her!" Morse clapped.

"Im sorry! Im sorry! Mhorein, Patawarin mo na ko! Tulungan niyo ko, Please!" She cried. This looked like the revenge I waited for. But It wasnt what I wanted.

"Let us go!" Sigaw ni Chain. I glanced at Aiden who just woke up. He looked at me with fear in his eyes.

"Detective? Anong nangyayari-" He screamed and almost jumped out of his seat when he saw who was infront of us.

"Calm down, Officer. Im Morse." Aiden looked at me confused.

"A-Ano? Parang ying code-" Aiden looked up at Morse before his eyes widened.

"Sino ka ba?!" Aiden screamed. Morse laughed at him.

"You know me well." He said. The tone of his voice was so mischievous that it annoyed me.

I looked down on Roxxane that was covered in blood, scars and bruises. When I said karma would get her... I didnt expect karma to be this much of a bitch.

"We knew you would be so selfish. We knew you'd let her die." I couldnt see it through the mask but I just knew he was smiling.

Chain screamed when he slapped me. The sound echoed through the metal walls.

I groaned when I felt my cheek heat up. The stinging made me shed a tear.

"Putangina mo! Lumayo ka kay Mhorein!" Chain struggled on his seat. Morse laughed.

My eyes widened when he pulled out a sharp knife out of his pockets.

"T-Teka lang. Hoy! Ano gagawin dyan?" Aiden panicked. Morse laughed again. He fidgeted with the knife. It's so sharp that it's shining.

"Now Mhorein. Justice should be served. Right?"

"No! No! Huwag! Wag mo na siyang idamay!" I screamed when he stood behind Roxanne. Roxanne was kneeling down.

"Dont!" Chain and Aiden just looked at them. He lifted Roxxane's head from the back.

"Mhorein... Please. Dont..." Roxxane pleaded.

"Please! Let her go! If you want revenge, Take it out on us! Dont take innocent lives!"

"Innocent? Mhorein, mon amour. You know she's anything but innocent!" Tinapat niya ang kutsilyo sa leeg ni Roxxane.

Sumigaw ito pero hindi siya pwedeng gumalaw. One wrong move and she's gone.

"Her blood, Is in your hands." Morse said before he swiftly ran the blade through her neck.

Sinubukan kong magpumiglas kahit na masakit na ang pulso at braso ko dahil sa masikip na tali.

I watched as blood ran down her neck and out of her mouth. Her eyes wide opened, It stared at me in horror and agony.

"Bakit mo ba ito ginagawa!?" Morse let go of Roxxane's body, She fell in a pool of her own blood. The scene was horrific. At this moment, I feared for my own life.

I breathed heavily, I can barely think of anything. I just stared at the body in front of me. Part of me blaming myself and part of me thinking that I wanted this. But I know I didnt. This isnt justice. This is inhumane. This is criminal. I've seen so many gruesome scenes. But for some reason this one affected me alot more than it should. Am I blaming myself?

"Mhor... Mhorein... Honey? Breathe. Huminga ka ng malalim, Hindi mo ito kasalanan. Look at me!" Chain tried his best to get me out of my own head. We all knew theres no point in struggling but he tried to break the ties.

"You think this is cruel?" Tumawa nang parang demonyo si Morse. I glared at him.

"Mon amour... Cruel is watching a police car explode. Seeing their flesh fall off their bodies while they scream and beg for mercy from what ever they saw coming for them. "