Chapter 28 : Back On Track

CHAIN

After a few minutes of looking at the door I finally had the courage to knock.

"Detective Chain Yuan. They were about to call you. Come in. " An assistant greeted me.

They were about to call? For what?"

Grey Mori and miss Prina was sitting in both of their desks. Grey was playing with papers and fidgeting with his pen. Miss Prina smiled when she saw me.

"Ah! Chain! We were about to call."

"As I was told. Bakit?" I asked, Confused.

Miss Prina and Lieutenant Mori stood up.

"Have a seat." Miss Prina instructed. I did as I was ordered and sat down infront of her desk. Mori stood beside her.

"Dalawang buwan na kayong nagpahinga, Detective. Don't you think that's enough?" Sabi ni miss Prina.

"Pahinga? Anong tingin ninyo sa ginawa namin, Bakasyon?" Inis na tanong ko.

"Well... We've been handling the case for more than two months now." She put the files on the desk.

"Nothing. There's nothing. No progress, No clues, Not a single thing we know about these people. They stopped when you decided to take a break. We were hoping to get you back on the agency so you can handle the case." I stared at them, Both shocked and confused.

"What? No. Im here to request a termination of our contracts." Tumayo ako.

"Chain, We'll terminate them once this case is done, I promise." I shook my head.

"No. Hindi niyo kami pwedeng pilitin na gawin ito."

"Detective Agustin already agreed." Grey Mori said.

"What? Mhorein? Have you seen here!" I slammed my hands on the table.

"Mukha bang nasa tama siyang pagiisip para sa mga ganitong klase ng desisyon?" Sigaw ko.

"Calm down, Detective." Miss Prina looked at me.

"No."

"Why not? Isnt this what you wanted? Now we're giving you what you want." Mori looked at me.

"Wanted? Yes. But not anymore." I was about to walk away when miss Prina spoke.

"Pwede kayong makulong. Since these murders and crimes stopped when you did. We have no other proof of their existence other than the ones you sent us." I faced them.

"Look. There isnt a single night that Mhorein dont wake up screaming! We have no idea where Aiden is and what he's doing! We havent seen Aiden ever since that incident! Mhorein is still suffering from PTSD! You cannot blame us for this!"

"Well... Officer Ignacio already agreed too." Napatigil ako.

"Hindi. Imposible yan, Wala na kaming kontak kay Aiden. Wala rin siyang balak magpakita kahit kanino dito sa Leounet."

"The odds are against you, Detective. Even if you dont do this, Officer Ignacio and Detective Mhorein will. If I were to decide I wouldnt even let you back here." My eyebrows met at Mori's statement.

Tinitigan ko lang si Mori.

"To be honest, We dont have a choice. You're not of any help here and I'd rather not have you in this agency. But I dont have a say on this. Since this agency is run by Prina, Not my father. So dont act like we're so desperate to have you here."

"Really unprofessional for a Lieutenant." I snickered. Miss Prina coughed.

"Detective, Alam kong mahirap para sa inyong lahat ito. But you signed a contract and all your lives are at stake here." Miss Prina calmly explained. I looked at the man beside him. I have a feeling that he has something to do with all of this.

"Im not doing anything that is overlooked by a kid who cheated his way to his possition." Grey Mori clenched his jaw.

"Mori doesnt overlook this. I do." Depensa ni miss Prina.

"You wont interfere with what we're doing and how we're gonna do it." Madiin kong sabi na parang nagbibigay ng ultimatum.
Tumango si Prina.

"I'll think about it." I looked at Mori intently.

I slammed my door close.

I rushed back to the apartment, Infuriated as to why Mhorein didnt even ask me about this.

I quickly opened the door. I was about to enter Mhorein's room until I realized.

"Didnt I lock the door?"

"Chain!" I ran towards her room when I heard her screem.

"Mhor? Anong nangya- Oh my god."

I couldnt continue what I was about to say when I saw Mhorein sitting on the floor, Crying. She had her arms on her head while she laid her head on her knees.

The walls of her room were broken and had holes in them. There are multiple bullets on the floor and broken glass from the mirror. The room was a mess.

I quickly ran towards Mhorein and helped her stand up.

"Anong nangyari? Nasaktan ka ba? Mhorein, Magsalita ka." She fell into my arms and started sobbing. Im so tired of this.

"Bigla nalang silang nagpaputok pagalis mo. Hindi ko alam kung anong nangyari..." She cried.

I reached for my phone and called miss Prina while Mhorein still cried in my arms.

"I am so done with this! We'll take the case. Pero kapag nasaktan ulit si Mhorein, Ako mismo ang papatay sa inyo!" I said, Full of rage. I didnt give her a chance to speak. I put the phone down on the nightstand and continued to comfort Mhorein.

"Im sorry. Im so sorry..." I shouldnt have left her. The bullets were strong enough to break through the cement walls. They could've easily killed her.

Once she calmed down she looked at me.

"Im sorry I didnt tell you... I just thought once all of this is really over, We'll finally be at peace." I nodded.

"We cant do this alone. We need someone else."

"I tried calling him already, Chain. He changed his number and all his accounts are deactivated."

"Ang sabi nila pumayag na raw siya."

"He did. But that was right after the incident when we were at the hospital." I sighed.

"I guess we'll have to find Aiden."