Chapter 44: Fluorescent Adolescent

MHOREIN

"How long have you been here?" I asked Aiden.

"Isang oras." Tumawa ito.

He messily bit into his bigmac. It doesnt look so innocent with his huge arms than it did when he was thinner. He just looks like a big baby. A very big baby.

"Is something wrong, Detective?" Aiden wiped the condiments and pieces of lettuce and meat of off his chin and mouth.

"Nothing, Just not used to you being so... Big."

"You barely fit that corner." Aiden looked at the wall he was squishing into.

"Pero gusto ko itong pwestong ito." He pouted. I cringed.

"Yeah, How did you grow that big in a couple of months?" I asked.

"Subukan niyo kaya ang training sa Lezran? Para akong papatayin bago matapos ang isang araw." Aiden devouered half of the bigmac in one bite.

"Tangina, Ngayon lang ako nakakain ng burger." I looked at him.

"Ha. Bibili pa ako ng isa."

While Aiden called for the waiter I stared at the lady that entered the restaurant. Long black hair that swayed with the air coinditioner, Light brown eyes, Red lips and a stunning figure.

Nagsimula na naman akong maghinala. Paano kung totoo ang una kong naisip. Na mas pipiliin ni Chain mamatay sa kasinungalingan kaysa saktan ako.

Hindi naman siguro pwede iyon? Hindi posible.

"Hi.'' The woman sat down on the table next to us.

''You must be Rosa.'' Chain flashed a bright smile.

Though it was charming, I knew him well enough to recognize how fake that smile was. That or it was a real smile, I was just too jealous to admit it.

''Well... Ano pang hinihintay natin? Shall we?'' Rosa stood up.

''What about lunch?'' Rosa chuckled.

''I'd like my gentlemen not to be gentle.'' Rosa smiled and took Chain's hand. Chain's eyebrows rose.

''Wild. I like it.'' Chain tried his best to smirk.

Napailing nalang ako dahil nakakatawang umarte si Chain. Kung titignan mo ito, Masasabi mong hindi siya komportable sa ginagawa o weirdo lang talaga siya.

''You're doing great, sweetheart.'' I whispered. I took of sip of my iced tea.

We watched Rosa and Chain walk out the restaurant.

I opened my laptop and checked on the mini video surveillance camera attached to Chain's shirt.

Sinubukan namang tumabi sa akin ni Aiden kahit halos hindi kami magkasya.

Both of us wore a piece of bluetooth earphones.

I watched them as they entered the car. After minutes of innocent driving and Chain trying to avoid Rosa's teasing and flirting, They were in a motel room, Rosa being half naked. She excused her self to go to the bathroom.

''Guys, Can you here me?''

''Loud and clear.'' I said.

''Chain , Remember. Be cautious of anything she tries to feed or make you drink. Look around for weapons but dont be to suspiscious.''

''Detective, I dont think we have the right girl.'' Sabi ni Aiden.

''We're not sure yet. That's why we're checking.'' I said softly.

''Hindi naka-maskara ito at hindi rin siya nagbi-video."

"Isa pa, Kung si Scarlet na nga ito, Hindi naman siguro siya papayag na makipagkita kay Chain.'' Aiden has a point, But I have a counter.

''She would have been suspicious if she doesn't agree.''

''No one else in that agency of theirs knew about the killings other than the girl we have in custody.''

''D-Detective...'' Aiden pointed at the screen.

Facing us was a woman with long dark black hair and red lipstick. Covering half of her face was a mask.

''Do you really think Im that stupid to pickup not just a Castranuevo, But THE detective Castrauevo?'' Rosa stared straight at the camera.

No, That's not right. Chain stood up and tried to back away from Rosa.

"Tangina... We have to go."

Aiden stood up. I held his wrist and pulled him back down. I quinted and stared at the screen.

''Detective, Chain's in danger!" Aiden panicked. Everyone at the restaurant looked at us.

"Yeah. Someone's in danger." I quickly stood up and grabbed the computer. I ran out of the restaurant with Aiden behind me.

"Paano natin sila mahahanap? Nasaang room at floor sila?" Aiden panicked.

As soon as he slammed the car doors shut, I stepped on the accelerator pedal. I heard the wheels screech from behind the car.

"Alam mo ba kung nasaan sila? Naiwan natin si Chain sa mamamatay tao! Bakit hindi natin to naisip?!" Aiden panicked even more.

"Kumalma ka nga!"

"We have to get there as soon as possible or someone will die!" I heard the tires screech as I drifted the car and turned to the left.

"Alam mo ba kung nasaan sila?!"

"Yeah." We flung out of our sheets and back when I kicked the brakes. We stopped infront of a small and simple motel.

''Leounet P.D. Our colleague is in one of your rooms with a possible killer.'' I gulped.

I saw Aiden from my peripheral vision, Breathing heavily. I showed my badge. She stared at me with boredom. Must've been dealing with these situations a lot.

"May warrant of arrest ba kayo?'' She asked. My eyes widened.

''I dont have time for this. Im sorry.'' Confusion got replaced with shock when I grabbed Aiden's hand and draged him across the hall to the elevator.

''Security!'' The second the receptionist said that I heard loud and fast footsteps behind us.

Aiden tripped on the way inside the elevator .I smiled at the guards as the elevator door closed. We got to the floor where my phone located Chain's. We ran across the hallway and froze. Aiden and I looked at each other as if confirming that we heard the same thing.

After that loud ringing in my ear slowly disappeared, It was followed by a loud and heavy thud.