Chapter 26 : The Girl In The Spider's Web

CHAIN

I opened my eyes and saw nothing. I remembered Im still in the same pitch black room that I lost consciosness in.

"Mhorein..? Hon?" My head kept throbing but I had one thing in mind.

"Mhorein!" Inipon ko ang lahat ng lakas sa katawan ko para lang matawag ang pangalan niya.

I let out a faint grunt when I felt a sharp pain around my head. I tried to lift my arms and legs up but Im still tied down to the metal chair. It isnt as hot as it was.

"Well, Goodmorning!" Morse greeted as the lights opened. My eyes adjusted to the light around me.

"Oh no... One of you is missing." Nanlaki ang mga mata ko nang sabihin niya iyon.

I looked beside me and felt relief when I saw Mhorein's still beside me. She had a piece of cloth tied around her mouth. Her eyes flooded with tears. She stared at me, Helpless. I've never seen her look so weak and vulnerable.

"Si Aiden... Nasaan si Aiden?!" I started to panic once again when I saw he wasn't beside Mhorein.

"Well, Mhorein can't speak so you'll never know. You know, Cause youre not the brains of the group." Morse laughed as he fidgeted with a small pocket knife.

"Fuck you." I pursed my lips.

"What? You cant handle knowing that youre inferior to her?" Morse mocked me.

"Uulitin ko Morse, Nasaan si Aiden?" I struggled on my seat.

"Ano ba kasing gusto niyo? Sabihin niyo nalang kaysa marami pang madamay! Gagawin ko lahat..." Morse chuckled.

"You seem too brave to sacrifice yourself." He put his face close to mine.

"You know death is coming... Isnt it?" My eyes widened in shock. No...

"Anong ibig mong sabihin?" Pagkukunwari ko na hindi ko alam ang sinasabi niya.

"I know every part of you Castranuevo." He stood up properly.

I groaned when his fist fell on my face.

"Acros gave orders not to hurt you and Mhorein. But your face just fucking annoy me... So much." Morse said.

He squeezed my face using his hands. I didnt hesitate to spit on his face.

"Where the hell is Aiden?" Seryoso kong tanong. Marahas niyang binitawan ang mukha ko.

"Well, Since you wanna know so badly." Morse snapped.

I cringed when I heard something being dragged on the metal floor. Two men entered the room. One carrying a vaccum and one dragging a chair that had Aiden in it.

I gulped when I saw his head covered in a loose latex that's connected to the vaccum. Aiden's muffled screams echoed around the metal walls. He's tied down.

"No... No. Huwag na si Aiden! Ako nalang! Pakawalan niyo na siya!" I've seen something like this before. They're gonna kill him.

Morse clapped and one of his men turned the vaccum on, Sucking all the air inside the skin tight latex that covered Aiden's head. He couldnt do anything but scream and try to move around in his seat.

"Tama na! Mapapatay niyo siya! Tigilan niyo na!" Sigaw ko. Mhorein and Aiden's muffled cries rung in my ears. My eyes began to tear up.

"Stop! Please!" I screamed. I can feel my throat starting to hurt but I cant just let this happen.

"Tama na, Please..." I begged.

I know damn well that the ropes wont budge but I still tried. The vaccum continued to run. We're running out of time. We couldnt do anything but watch him. I felt so pathetic.

"Huwag! Tama na!" I could barely breathe when Aiden slowly stopped moving and screaming. Mhorein got louder.

Morse laughed out loud.

"You're a monster!" Mhorein managed to say despite having a cloth cover her mouth. Morse glared at her before throwing a small pocket knife on her arm. Mhorein screamed in agony.

"Shut up!"

"Sabihin niyo na kasi kung anong gusto niyo! Para matapos na to!" Morse laughed at me and snapped his fingers. They opened the vaccum. But Aiden wasnt moving.

Morse took out another pocket knife and cut the latex in half. When he took it off, Aiden's beaten face was revealed.

Anong ginawa nila sa kanya?

I couldnt stop myself from crying. Though Im the least injured seeing them like this took a mental and emotional toll on me.

I didnt know what to think but I had a sudden flash of hope when I heard police sirens from outside. Morse looked at us. I couldnt see his mouth but in his eyes, He was smiling.

"Au revoir!" He waved and ran out of the room with his men, Closing the door behind them.

After a few minutes I heard a voice calling our names.

"Dito! Andito kami!" I screamed as loud as I could. I looked over to Mhorein who was unconscious. I got nervous when I noticed that Aiden infront of me isnt moving.

The door slammed open and a few police officers entered the room along with paramedic. They were quick to untie us. I tried to stand up but couldnt. A paramedic assisted me.

Mhorein and Aiden were carried using stretchers.

Habang tinutulungan nila kaming makaalis, Saka ko lang napansin ang pamilyar na lugar.
Hanggang sa mapagtanto ko na nasa loob kami ng campus. Naalala ko na ang balita na naabandona ang unibersidad dalawang taon matapos namin.

I tried my best to not blackout while a police officer and a paramedic assisted me out. I entered the ambulance with Mhorein still on the stretcher.

"Is she gonna be okay?" I asked in between breathes. The nurse inside nodded.

"Huwag kayong magalala, Hindi naman siya ganoon kalala." She assured me.