Chapter 11 : Got 'Ya

CHAIN

"Mhorein! Just listen for once! Hindi natin 'to pwede gawjn ngayon! Pwede to maghintay!" I tried grabbing her left hand but she I was too afraid to hurt her if I held it any tighter.

Mhorein was walking through the halls with her dextrose, Looking for the doctor's office.

"Detective! Tama si Chain, Makakapaghintay pa 'to!" Aiden said, worried. She stopped in her tracks and faced us.

"A family masacre is not something na 'makakapaghintay', Okay? Specially if that Family is the owner of one of the biggest companies in the Phillipines." She started walking again. But this time, A little faster.

She entered the doctor's office, It was mr. Vega's. Ang doktor na matagal narin naming kilala.

"Mhorein? Is there a problem?" Tankng niya.

"Look, We're working on a REALLY important case. I need to get out of here. Maayos na ang pakirandam ko." Dr. Vega scanned through his files and notes.

"Have a seat." We all sat down for thirty minutes before Dr. Vega talked to us.

"For now, Go back to your room. Your results seem to be fine. I'll order a discharge paper and Chain can fill it up for you. But I'll have to talk to your doctor first." He explained.

"Bakit kailangan mo pa siyang kausapin?" Mhorein asked.

"Well, I only ran your tests. He's been the one observing and managing everything. We cant discharge you if he doesnt allow it." Umirap si Mhorein.

"Fine. Salamat, doc."

We left the office and assisted Mhorein back to her room.

"Bakit ba hindi ka nalang makinig? Ngayon lang, Mhorein. Ngayon lang!" She looked at me.

"Hon, We just need to do this." She said.

"No matter what you say, You can't change my mind." Her left eyebrow rose.

"Fine, I'll do it on my own." I looked at her and sighed. Hindi ko talaga siya mapipigilan.

"No. I'll come with you..." Ngumiti si Mhorein na parang nanalo na siya

"I'll be fine, hon." She assured me.

"If something bad happens to you, I dont know what I'll do. Hindi maganda ang kutob ko dito sa mga nangyayari at hindi ako maghihintay na masaktan ka ulit." She just smiled again.

"Chain. Trust me." I just looked at her. This can end really badly...

"Just... Trust me, Okay? Please." She looked at me. Paano ko ba naman matitiis ang mga mata niya?

The three of us looked at the door when someone knocked. Mhorein's doctor entered the room.

"Magandang gabi, Miss Agustin." He looked at her and smiled.

"Mukhang maayos naman ang kalagayan mo kaya maghanda na kayong lumabas bukas. Ina-advise ko lang na magdagdag ingat ka lalo na sa atay mo. Delikado ang lason na ito kahit masasabing magaling ka na." Mhorein just nodded.

"Are you sure? There are nothing else? Sigurado na po ba kayong ligtas na siya?" Tanong ko. The doctor nodded.

"Yes, She's free to go. May mga papeles at dokumento nalang nakailangang ayusin."

"Mauna na ako." The doctor left the room.

I continued to fiddle with my ring, Thinking what I can do to change her mind.

"You can't change my mind, Hon. Please. Magtiwala ka nalang sa akin." I dont know how many times she said that already. I trust her. But not anyone. Mostly those criminals.

"One last chance?"

"No, Chain."

"Fine..."

Hours later I signed a few papers and filled up a few other things. Inayos ko na ang lahat habang tunutulungan ni Aiden magligpit ng gamit si Mhorein.

As we were assisting Mhorein to the car, I looked at Aiden.

He looked so exhausted and worried. I couldnt be any luckier to have him by our side right now. He helped me with everything these past few days.

"Finally." Mhorein closed the backseat door. She was sitting with Aiden at the back while I was driving. Soon enough Aiden fell asleep. With a lot of traffic it took us more than an hour to get half way home. I looked at my watch. 2:45 PM.

"Can we please get something to eat?" I heard Mhorein say. I remembered that she hasnt eaten anything solid for more almost four days.

"Oo naman." I made a turn and after few minutes I saw a good restaurant and parked.

"Let's go." We all got out of the car.

I glanced at Aiden who was slowly getting his energy back.
Mhorein looked like nothing ever happened. Both of them are strong enough without me.

"A bruschetta, The cordon blue and some pasta sounds great. " I heard a familiar voice say, A table a way from us. Tinignan ako ni Mhorein bago kami sabay na napabaling sa lamesa. Sabi ko na nga ba.

"Look who's here." Mhorein whispered. The guy pulled his phone up and left the table. He was going to the comfort room. Mhorein quickly stood up and followed him. I trailed behind her.

We hid behind a wall when we heard him talking to someone.

"Of course, I did it right, Scarlet. What did yiu expect from me? No, No. I wouldnt get caught." As soon as I heard what he was saying, I took my phone out and started recording voice mails ready to be sent to Inspector Arcilla.

"They have no witness and evidence against me, Dont worry about it. Of course not. Yes, I killed everyone in the mansion. No one got out, Im sure." Nagkatinginan kami ni Mhorein.

We had the culprit right here. But we both knew it isnt right to just corner him. Pareho kaming aalang dalang armas

"Guys? Anong ginagawa ninyo dito-." Napatingin nalang kami ni Aiden na kakarating lamang.