Chapter 39 : Sex and Murders

MHOREIN

We arrived at Chain's apartment in less than thirty minutes. Chain swiftly ran up the stairs as I trailed behind him.

Tumigil kami sa harap ng pulang pintuan na mayroong nakadikit na numero. Nilabas ni Chain ang susi ng apartment niya at binuksan ito.

"I haven't seen this place in months." Chain said as he flicked the lights open.

A neat and small area dawned on us. It's a lot simpler than mine but a lot more organized as well. Black sofas and a small center table facing the television, A few feet away was a dining table and a small fridge. Next to the refrigerator is another door, Leading to his bedroom.

Pareho naman kaming napatakip ng ilong sa amoy ng apartment. Malinis naman ito kaya nagtaka kaming pareho saan nanggagaling ang amoy.

"Damn, I left the fridge with a lot of food. Napanis na siguro.", Umubo si Chain at nagtakip ng ilong.

"Wait here. I keep that VHS player somewhere under the bed." He said. I sat down on the sofa and Chain looked for his player.

A few minutes later he got out of the room carrying a medium sized box. Inside of it is a rusted gray VHS player that he connected to the TV.

"Where's the tape?" He asked. I handed him the blank video tape. He sat down next to me and played the video.

Chain and I looked at each other when a very scandalous video played. It was of a man and a very fit woman having quite passionate intercourse. Both of their faces unseen.

"Okay, That's enoug-" Chain was gonna turn off the television when the woman pulled out a knife from under the sheets and swiftly ran the blade through the man's neck.

My eyes widened as we watched the man starting to shake and bleed out. The woman stood up and faced the camera, Showing only her luscious red lips and perfectly shaped chin. She smirked and the screen went black.

Hindi pa namin napoproseso ang pangyayari, Sumunod na ang isa pang video.

It was the same scene of a man and a woman doing some fairly inappropriate things in front of a camera. A couple of minutes go by and the man stood up. He was facing the camera with knitted eyebrows, He stared directly into the camera.

"Shit!" I screamed when his head exploded.

When the body fell down it revealed a woman in a black mask that covered half of her face, It showed her eyes looking straight into ours.

"What the fuck just happened?" Gusto kong isipin na peke ang lahat ng ito, Na parte lang ng palabas. Pero hindi. Masyadong totoo ang lahat.

Chain cussed as the screen went black once more. We though it was finally over but it was only another transition.

The same situation but this time it skipped to the end.

She stood beside the bed, Her back facing us. On the bed is a man, Naked. It was like that for a couple of seconds until she grabbed a pillow and forcefully shoved it in his face.

Nagpumiglas ang lalaki pero wala siyang nagawa para makawala.

He slowly stopped moving. She didn't stop for what seems like another minute. She lifted up the pillow and faced us, Showing only her pierced belly button. The screen went black for the last time.

Chain and I remained silent. I tried to control my breathing. My muscles tensed from what we just saw. Who was that? Was that fake? Was that scripted? Was that just some crazy fetish? Was that a seriously disturbing form of BDSM? I gulped.

The screen flashed black and white. Everytime it went black a letter would pop up. The letter didn't change. It was written in a red and gothic font.

The letter S.

"Oh my god..." I finally got words out of my mouth. I don't know why I keep reacting to these things like I haven't seen worse but something about these scares me. The room was dead silent and the atmosphere felt different. My brain didn't process what we just saw as fast as I wish it would have.

"Tangina, Ano iyon?" Chain said. The television stopped flashing and it seems like the video just ended. Chain reached for the remote and turned it off.

"What was that? Totoo ba iyon?" Chain asked.

I didn't reply, I didn't know what to tell him either. The room went silent again. For the first time, I didn't know what to think. My mind went completely blank. Im not like this.

"I have a feeling this has something to do with Rodel." I looked at Chain.

"How?" Tanong ko.

"I don't know. But somehow, I feel like it has a connection. The guy had a big influence in the business industry." Chain said.

"And Im sure S means Scarlet. I've been thinking, Naalala mo ba noong araw na nahuli natin si Daniel Lucas?"

"Parang narinig kong Scarlet ang pangalan nang kausap niya sa telepono,"

"I don't know if this is a fact or Im just subconsciously piecing things together." Chain's deductions made sense.

It made so much sense that it also clicked something in my mind. He was right, Daniel Lucas was talking to Scarlet when we caught him.

"Both Rodel Madrid and the Enrile's are huge in the business industry, Mhor. Trust me, I know." Chain looked at me. Again, He's right. My eyebrows met when a dark red liquid came out of his nose.

"Chain, Your nose." His eyes widened and quickly wiped it out.

"Ah shit. Dahil siguro sa init ng kwarto at sa amoy dito. Dito ka lang." He rushed towards the bathroom. I heard the sink open and the water running along with quick but loud cabinet opening.

I don't know if it's just the paranoia but something is not right with Chain.