Chapter 56: I love you, Mhorein

CHAIN

I stared at the bomb ticking in front of us.

My eyes went back to the stairs.

"Chain, Baliw ka ba?" I heard Aiden fake a laugh.

If I go higher, The bomb will explode there. It would but Mhorein and Aiden enough time to escape.

Mhorein would be safe. She would live a good life.

Is this it? The end?

Tinignan ko si Mhorein, Lahat ng parte ng mukha niya. Lahat ng parte na tingin niya ay hindi maganda pero perpekto sa akin.

Unti unti kong tinanggap na ito na ang huling beses na masisilayan ko ang mukha niya.

This is it. This is the memory I kept replaying in my head. This is the moment I kept imagining over and over again since that one visit to the doctor's office.

The clock ticked.

Four minutes.

"Mhorein, I know I have a lot of promises..."

"Chain. Ano ba sinasabi mo? This isnt the right time to say things like this-"

"Listen to me, This might be the last time to say this." Napuno ng takot at gulat ang mukha ni Mhorein.

It's like she's realized what Im planning to do. Tears fell down her cheek and I want to look away, This isnt the Mhorein I want to remember when I'm in heaven or hell, Which ever one let's me in.

"Smile for me, Hon."

"No. No, No. No!" She started sobbing.

"Chain, Ano ka ba? Guys, Tara na! Aabot tayo! Walang ganito!" Aiden screamed, Desperately.

"I know I made a lot of promises. Im sorry I can't... Do all of them." My voice started to shake.

"But we both know that even if we get out of here alive, I cant make those promises come true. I don't have enough time."

"Chain, Wag. Please... May sasabihin pa ko sayo. May binabalak pa ako. I had a surprise, Chain..." She fell on my chest and cried. I gulped.

"Please smile. I want it to be the last thing I see." Umiling ito.

"Hindi. Ano ka ba? Chain, May buhay at kinabukasang naghihintay sa atin sa labas."

"Oo nga, Chain. Tumatakbo ang oras. We have to go! All of us!" Aiden screamed, Crying.

"Mhorein, Hindi na tayo makakalabas. Pero ikaw, May pag asa ka pa." I looked at Aiden.

"May pag-asa pa kayo.Hindi pwede." Pinabayaan ko ang sarili kong umiyak.

"Just leave. I'm begging both of you."

Mhorein fell to the ground and started sobbing.

"Chain don't you dare!" She screamed as I qalked towards the bomb. I picked it up, Huddled it close to my chest.

"Aiden... Get her out of here." Aiden looked at me as if he's trying to decide whether he should listen to me or not.

"Aiden..." He cried and picked Mhorein up.

"Detective, Tara na..." He kept crying.

"Not without Chain! Ayoko!" My tears got heavier when Mhorein begged and screamed.

Pinilit siyang ilayo ni Aiden habang tumatakbo ako paakyat ng hagdan.

"Ai!" He stopped running down the stairs with Mhorein.

"Take care of her." He smiled in the middle of tears.

I breathed in and ran upstairs as fast as I could.

The higher I get the better.

I'm running out of breathe but I had to run. I have to go fast. Or we'd all die.

I stopped for a second on the floor where we found the photos. I looked at the clock, Panting.

Sixty seconds. I gathered all the strength I had to run another set of stairs until I was at the floor we were previously in.

I sat down on the corner of the floor and faced the wall.

Niyakap ko ang bomba na mayroon na lamang bente segundo, Umaasang mapipigilan ng katawan ko kahit konti ang pagsabog.

I started to pray for forgiveness. I gave God the control over Mhorein's life. I want him to protect her when I'm with him. I thanked him for the little time he gave me.

Tears fell down my cheek. I'm afraid. I don't want to leave her. I should've accepted death the moment the doctors confirmed the uncure-able brain tumour. I thought it would be easy.

Gusto kong tumakbo muli pababa pero alam kong wala nang pag-asa at para saan pa? Para mamatay rin naman matapos ang ilang buwan?

The bomb started to make a ticking sound.

"I love you, Mhorein."