Chapter 19 : More Metals

MHOREIN

''You win this time... "

His words echoed in my mind once again. It's been days but I still have a strong gut feeling that Mori Grey is hiding something. He has an agenda and It involves getting rid of us.

Tinignan ko ang orasan. It's 8:34 A.M.

Chain's half sister prepared a whole week for us to stay at a hotel resort only reserved for family and close friends before the actual debut.

"Hon, Are you ready?" I looked I checked both of or suitcases to make sure we didnt forget anything essential.

"Yeah..." Chain wrapped his arms around me.

"Thanks for coming with me, Hon."

"Oo naman." I smiled at him. I heard my phone rang inside my clutch. It's Aiden.

"Masyado akong kailangan ng mga tangang detective dito." I chuckled.

"What?"

''Ayaw nila akong paalisin. Kesyo kailangan na kailangan daw ako dito!" He sounds so annoyed and upset.

"Oh, I'll tell Chain." Chain raised an eyebrow.

"You cant be serious, Mhorein!" Aiden whined.

"Aba anong gusto mong gawin ko? You want me to argue with them?"

"Mhoreeeeein!" He whined, Again. I can here him stomping his feet.

"Jeez, Ai. Cant you just go to the resort when youre done?" He groaned.

"But I wanna go with you guys!"

"Well, You have to work with them. It's your first week on the job. You got to have a good first impression. And you'll see us after too." I adviced. He sighed.

"Fine. Ayaw ko naman talaga sumama." He hung up. I shook my head at how childish this man is.

"Poor Aiden is whining about the fact that he couldnt come cause they need him there." Chain looked down.

"Less fun without him." He pouted.

"Come on, We dont wanna be late. Hahabol naman si Aiden." He rolled his eyes and groaned.

"Damn right, I'll be late." Chain picked up his keys and we made our way into the parking area under my apartment. Since I almost got killed by strychnine, Chain and I agreed that he'd stay until he's sure. I'll never know when he's sure but I trust him.

"Gaanoculit iyon kalayo?" I asked Chain.

"We'll be going back to our home town. Baka abutin tayo ng mahigit apat na oras. Depending on the traffic." Paliwanag niya.

Hindi ko na napansin ang oras at hindi rin naman masyadong ma-traffic. Kaya mabilis kaming nakarating sa pupuntahan namin. Mas mabilis kesa sa inaasahan.

Chain and I unloaded the trunk and gazed at the place. I didnt grow up in poverty, But this is over the top.

A staff noticed us and assisted with carrying the luggage. We entered the hotel resort where we were greeted by smiling staff that wore green skirts and shorts.

"Good afternoon! Madame, Sir." A familiar looking man approached us. I read his nametag, Jordan.

"Chain Yuan Castranuevo, You remember me Jor?" Jordan's eyes widened along with his smile.

"Chinchin! You actually came! Your father didnt expect you." Ngumiti si Jordan.

"Chinchin..." Natatawa kong bulong.

"Well he kinda invited me."

"Eto na ba si Mhorein?" He looked at me in awe. He reached for my hand and kissed it.

"It's great to finally see both of you after all these years!" Jordan was Chain's personal assitant when he was fifteen. After five years, Chain decided he had enough money to pay for his own college fees and worked double jobs to sustain for it. While all this time, Jordan is still here.

"Chain!" I heared a high pitched voice scream from a distance. We both looked at a literal shining brunette beauty. She looks like a model.

"She looks like you..." I whispered. Chain froze when she got closer. She looked a little more like someone else up close.

"Hi! You must be Mhorein. Im Kalyan Castranuevo." She shook my hand. I blinked multiple times.
Kamukhang kamukha niya si Methal.

"Chain, Oh my. I havent seen you since I was eleven!" She squeeled. She's so excited to see Chain again. She hugged Chain.

"I missed you so much..." I heard her whisper.

"Kaly, Let your brother breathe." Napansin siguro ni Jordan ang reaksyon ni Chain. Bumitaw sa pagkakayakap si Kalyan at ngumiti sa amin.

"Im so glad you actually came..." She was tearing up. We just stared at her.

"Oh, Advanced happy birthday!" I stretched my arms and she went in for a hug.

"Thank you." She smiled.

"I'll show you your rooms. Let's go." Jordan smiled at us before we followed Kalyan.

Chain silently walked behind me. We stopped infront of room number one. Infront of it is a pool and some palm trees. It's more of a fancy hut than a room.

"I reserved the first room specially for the two of you." She smiled and handed me the key.

"Salamat."

"I have to manage some things for the party, So I'll see you guys when it gets dark. The buffet opens at 7:30 P. M." She left us with the room keys. The staff left our luggage in front of the room once Kalyan left.

"You cant tell me you didnt see that..." Chain sat down.

"Nakita ko... She looked exactly like-" Chain cut me off.

"Methal. Kalyan looks exactly like my dead older sister." I sat next to him and caressed his back .

"Hindi pa natin nakikita si Cooper o ang tatay niyo."

"I regret going already. I dont want to see them."

"Chain, Andito na tayo. Just go with the flow. You dad didnt even kick you out. You just got bitter when he started a new family."

"Cause when mom and Methal died, I lost my whole family. Dad always forgot about me." Tinignan ko si Chain.

"Try to move on, Chain. You'll never know. " He sighed and held my hand.

"You promise to bare with me right?" I nodded and smiled.

"Oo naman. Lagi."