Chapter 27 : Aftermath

CHAIN

"Tama na!" Nagising ako dahil malakas na sigaw ni Mhorein.

"Ano bang nagawa ko sa inyo?!" She screamed.

"Mhorein!" She bolted up and fell into my arms, Sobbing.

"Shh..." I rubbed her back as she kept crying in my chest.

"Chain... It burns..." She cried. I held back tears and reached for a glass of water and her Prozac.

"Nakita ko an naman, Chain... Paulit ulit nalang. Nasa utak ko na lahat. Ayaw mawala..." She cried while she's burried into my chest.

"Everything's okay... I'm here. You're safe." Mahina kong sabi. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

"Mhor... Im here for you. Dont worry." I smiled and handed her the prozac. She took the pill and swallowed it with water.

"Thank you..." She said in between sobs.

"Now, Lie down. Get some rest. It's late." Dahan dahan siyang humiga ulit sa tabi ko.

Nanatili muna akong nakaupo nang ilang minuto, Inoobserbahan kung binabangungot pa siya. Nang makasigurong wala na, Humiga narin ako.

I sighed when I glanced at the clock. 3:48 A. M. I cant fall back asleep. This happens everynight and it doesnt get better. I lied on my back and stared at the ceiling.

"Sana may iba pa akong maitutulong sayo. Sana ako nalang ang naaapektuhan nang ganito,"

"I wish I can take it all away..." I softly whispered when I faced Mhorein.

I cant leave her like this...

My thoughts consumed me. Hindi ko na napansin ang mabilis na pagtakbo ng oras. The clock already said 5:19 A. M.

I decided that I didnt want to sleep so I got up and ready.

I started preparing breakfast for me and Mhorein. I looked at the calendar.

Dalawang buwan.

Dalawang buwan na akong nandito. Dalawang buwan naring nangyayari ito. Kung alam ko lang na ito ang magiging rason para makasama ko sa iisang bubong si Mhorein, Sana hindi nalang.

I sighed while mixing the eggs. I opened the stove and started making breakfast. After an hour and a half, I was done.

"Jesus." Napapitlag ako nang makita si Mhorein na nakatayo sa harap ng pintuan.

"You scared me." She gave me a lop sided smile and sat down. I started fixing the table so we can eat.

"Here. Kumain na." I gave her a plate.

As I was trying to get us a pair of utencils, The whole container fell. Spoons, forks and butter knives fell on the ground making a loud clanking sound.