Chaoter 53: Truth

"Edi tumalon ka! Papansin!" Laughter echoed in the campus. Not even a single person in the crowd had pity on Mikael Denzo.

His feet were placed on the balcony of the third floor.

"Baliw! Tatalon na iyan! Tatalon na iyan!" Young Aiden lead the crowd into chanting.

"Tatalon na iyan! Tatalon na iyan!"

"Baliw! Papansin!"

All of them screamed with amusement while Mikael cried. It's as if they didn't know how they're affecting him or they just don't care.

This is Mikael's third suicide attempt. The first was at home where he tried to overdose, But to his dismay, He woke up only to be greeted by a head ache.

The second, He tried slitting his own wrist in the boy's bathroom. It gave him a scar to remember his pain but it never ended it.

"Ano pa hinihintay mo, Mikael? Tumalon ka na! Duwag ka pala eh!" Aiden laughed, Loudly. It made other students laugh as well.

"Papansin! Tumalon ka nalang para maniwala kami sayo!" He shouted again.

Mikael's expression dropped. From pain and anger to nothing. Mikael felt numb.

"Kung ito ang gusto niyo..."

Aiden turned to his friends and continued teasing Mikael.

"Aiden... Aiden!" His friends pointed behind him with eyes wide open.

"Bakit?" Aiden's smiled dropped when he turned around and saw Mikael Denzo falling infront of him.

"Tama na! Maawa kayo! Ayoko na..." Serene Salvador cried as huge, disgraceful, and disgusting men aggressively ripped her gown off.

"Tama na! Nagmamakaawa ako, Please!" She screamed, begged, cried. Nothing stopped them.

They had their fun. They did all that they wanted to do. They touched every part of her that they could.

They left her. She didn't know what to do. She had no other choice.

A dark room, With no food, No water. No promise of a bright future.

Serene stood up and reached for the door. Her make up was running down her face and her used to be gorgeous gown was ruined and torn to pieces.

She weakly opened the door. She was disgusted and in pain. She had no idea who did that to her, Who those men were but she knew one thing.

Chain Yuan Castranuevo introduced his classmate, Serene, To his father. He claims to not know any better. He claims that he didn't know his dad and his father's friends would do such a thing.

All he claims is that he thought his dad could help the aspiring model to succeed in the field.

Years passed and the case went on. Serene never stopped but no one listened to her. Her career ruined just like her life. She spent years fighting.

Until she thought she would finally get justice.

The talk of the town was that the long term sexual abuse case was now being handled by Leounet's up coming and smartest young detectives.

Mhorein and Chain.

They both had something to prove. They both knew that solving this case and giving her 'justice' would be their break through. They knew if they could put her abusers behind bars, They would make a name for themselves.

Mhorein Layla Agustin and Chain Yuan Castranuevo faced the media and the tabloids when they claimed to put the abuser to jail.

"We just want to say that Serene Salvador's abuser is finally in jail." The press whispered and talked, Cameras started to click And, Serene had hope.

"He was proven guilty after Serene Salvador testified against him. Pointing him out to be her abuser."

"Ang malamig na kaso na ito ay maisasara na." The young detectives smiled.

"Sino? Sino amg ikinulong?" An interviewer asked.

"Si Nathaniel Lucas. Isang kilalang na business man na napatunayang involved sa pangyayari ng iba pang testigo." The smile faded of off Serene's lips.

She knew she didnt testify against Nathaniel. She testified against Calahan Castranuevo. She never mentioned Nathaniel. But she had no choice. She realized there would be no justice for a woman like her.

"What can I say, Mhor?, You were right." Chain smiled as he read the headlines about them.

"Syempre. Ano pa ba?"

Months after the imprisonment, Serene was still miserable. She was black listed in the industry, her career was destroyed, She didnt have a face to show the public. She was victim-blamed.

A young man who was meant to inherit a company was also living life in the shadows since Nathaniel Lucas' false accusations.

Nathaniel's face flashed on the television. News reports and articles were posted about a cellmate murdering Nathaniel in the middle of a jail riot.

His son, Daniel Lucas broke down. Buried himself in despair and pain. He lost a father. He lost everything he had because of some fake know-it-alls.

Meanwhile, The Leounet's "greatest minds" were making headlines and succeeding in their field. They were big-time.

They were at fault but they were happy. Those they left behind were in the dark, Dying, Non-existent to the justice' eye.