Chapter 37 : Back In Black

MHOREIN

Chain and I were warmly welcomed back by our colleagues when they saw us walking down the hall. It's been months since I last saw the grey narrow walls of this agency.

"Sigurado ka na ba dito?" Tanong ni Chain. I nodded and sat down on my desk. Chain sat on another desk, more organized than mine.

"Oo. Siguro oras narin para gumawa tayo ng aksyon. Simula rin nang gumalaw tayo, Kumakalma ang PTSD ko,"

"Maybe this is the right thing to do." Chain looked at me worried.

"Well, This is what got us to this mess in the first place. Are you sure this is making you feel better?" Tanong ni Chain.

"I've been thinking that maybe doing something gives me a sense of hope that peace and justice will come." Chain stared at me.

"How did you decipher your own mental illnes?" Nagkibit balikat ako.

I took my phone out and wrote the code on a piece if paper.

What could 'YPNKDILLN72J' probably mean? I tried a series of codes and ciphers but none of them worked. I slammed my head on the table in frustration.

"Tao po, May tao na po ba?" Chain and I looked at the door when someone knocked multiple times.

"Come in." Sabi ni Chain.

A woman in her 30's walked in looking like she just got out of a fight. Magulo ang buhok nito at sobrang laki at itim ng ilalim ng mga mata, Mukha na nga itong mga pasa.

"Ako si Mariel Madrid." She faked a smiled, Showing the wrinkles om her face. Chain offered her a seat before standing behind me.

"What brings you here, Mariel?" I smiled.

"You're detective Mhorein and Chain, Hindi ba? I heard you're the best. Dali dali akong pumunta dito nang marinig na bunalik na kayo." She said, Exhausted.

"Yes, How may we help you?" Chain asked.

"My husband is missing." My eyes widened.

"Anong nangyari? Paanl?" I asked.

"That's why Im here. I left him alone and when I got back from work he was just gone. Desperado na ako. Ilang beses nang pinagpasa-pasahan ang kaso na ito. Hindi ko na alam kung kanino ako lalapit." She explained, Hardly getting herself together.

"They didnt refer you to us, I guess... They couldnt." Chain said.

"Yes, I know. But as soon as I heard you were back, I came here immediately. Please. Find my husband, Hindi ko alam kung anong nangyari sa kanya. Hindi ko rin alam kung buhay o patay na ba siya, Kung asan manlang ang asawa ko." Tumango ako.

"Wait." Chain grabbed his phone and sat it down on my table. He started audio recording.

"Can you tell me more details about your husband?" Chain asked.

"Blonde and curly hair, He's 33 years old. Mayroon siyang tato ng pangalan ko sa braso niya."

"Any other information you'd want to tell us?" I asked.

"A transaction was made from both his and our bank accounts. May umubos sa ipon namin." Mariel cried.

"And you trusted that?" Chain asked.

"Anong ibig mong sabihin?" She asked.

"What if your husband just left?" I replied.

"Hindi pwede. Imposible. Kilala ko ang asawa ko,"

"He would never do that. We never fought, We were inlove. Maniwala kayo sa akin. The police wont help me. Im just so worried. Please." She broke down.

"Did he leave anything behind?" I asked. Tumango naman si Mariel.

"Yes. All of his belongings are still at our house. If he left me, He wouldve taken all of his things with him. Mostly his expensive jewerly and stuff."

That is suspicious. Why would someone leave their important and expensive personal belongings like that? He wouldve left for a reason that meant he hates her. So why would he leave expensive things behind?

"How long has he been missing?" Chain asked.

"Isang buwan na ngayon."

"Tinanong ko na ang lahat ng kaibigan bang asawa ko. Ayon sa kanila, Huli nilang nakita ang asawa ko ay yung araw ring huli ko siyang nakita." Hinihingal na ito sa kakaiyak kaya napagdesisyunan ni Chain na abutan ito ng inumin.

"And if you dont think there is something wrong with that, Then I dont know anymore!" She cried more.

"He loves our children, He wouldnt just leave like that. He loves them so much." She put her hand on her face and cried.

"May dala akong mga litrato at kung ano pang pwedeng makatulong." She said inbetween sniffs. She handed me an envelope.

"Nandyan ang number niya, Litrato niya at iba oang impormasyon na maaring kailanganin niyo. Gusto ko lang mahanap ang asawa ko." She can barely say anything properly from crying so much.

"Chain." I handed the envelope to Chain. He started investigating what's inside.

"Asawa mo si Roel Madrid?" Chain asked. Mariel nodded.

''The guy owns a huge company and shares stocks with the Castranuevos..." Said Chain while looking at the papers inside the envelope.

"Yes.. Yes. Please, Hanapin niyo siya."

"Hindi rin naman siguro kayo naniniwalang iiwan niya nalang bigla bigla ang kompanya at lahat ng yaman niya, Hindi ba?" Mariel was right. No one would have done that. Something is wrong.

"May magagawa ba kayo? Sabihin niyo sa akin, Sige na." She begged, Teary eyed.

"We'll try our best ma'am." She looked at us with a hint of hope in her eyes.

"Really?" She tried her best to

"Oo. Pero sa ngayon, Magpahinga muna kayo. We'll call you when we have updates or questions." I pressed stop on the recording.

"Thank you. Thank you so much." She stood up and shook our hands before leaving.

"This is starting to feel like we're cursed with crimes." Chain commented before going back to his desk.

"Bakit?" I focused on the code again.

"We go to a different city and a baby is sewn into someone's stomach. We go back to the agency and someone's husband is gone." Chain said.

"A lot of families involved." I looked through my phone for anyone that I can contact to help with this.

I dont know if I want to take any of this seriously. Since he might've just left.