Chapter 20 : A Cinderela Story

CHAIN

Napagdesistunan kong maglibot libot para narin maging komportable sa lugar at sa mga nangyayari.

"Fuck!" Someone screamed when I bumped into him.

"Sorry, Hindi ko naki-"

"Cant you look where youre-" We stopped when we both looked up and saw each other. We stared at each other.

Kilala ko siya.

"You?" He took his earphones off. I saw an annoyed and confused expression at the same time.

"Got a problem with that, Coop?" I smirked.

"Aw, Dont fucking call me that!" He cringed.

"I see that dad still hasnt taught you manners. All these expensive crap on you and you still act like shit." I looked him dead in the eye.

"Oh, So what are you doing here? You want the same expensive stuff too? Huh?" I pursed my lips in anger.

"If he's not gonna teach you, I will." I was about to punch him when I heard a familiar voice stop us.

"You two are men, Not boys." I gulped when I heard the voice behind me. I faced him.

"Dad!" Niyakap ni Cooper ang matandang nasa harapan namin. Pero hindi niya tinanggal ang mga mata niya sa akin.

"Chain. Im happy to see you." He pushed Cooper aside and tried to hugged me when I reached for his hand.

"It's been a while, Calahan." I said, Shaking his hand. He cleared his throat. Standing beside him is a woman I never wanted to see again.

"Baka hinahanap na ko ni Mhorein. I have to go." He looked shocked.

I couldnt focus on Calahan, All I saw was how Cooper and his rachet mother looked at me.

"Mhorein? Really, son?" I twitched.
... Son?

"Y-Yeah... I have to go back to our room." I walked away from them and found my way back in our room.

"Chain? Anong nangyari? Bakit ganyan itsura mo?" I walked in on Mhorein laying down and watching TV. I felt my head throbbing while cold sweat ran down my forehead.

"Nothing." I lied down next to Mhorein and hugged her. My face burried in her chest. I can feel her arms wrap around me.

"What happened, Hon?" Tanong niya.

"I bumped into them. Cooper, his mom and... Him." I hugged her tighter. I feel safer.

"Calm down, Hon." Instead of swarming around the room and screaming at her, I chose to do this instead.

"I hate them... So much. They were the worse." I felt tears starting to form when a memory flashed back in my head.

"Chain! It's your 18th birthday, Come on! Get out of your room!" I wiped my tears as I heard Jordan knock on my door.

"Aalis din ako dito! Im just getting ready." That witch of a step mom told dad that none of my friends wanted to go but she didnt invite them. Instead, She invited her friends and her family.

"Jordan! Palabasin mo na si Chain!" I heard her scream at my assistant.

"Chain! If you dont stop being a fucking brat I will cancel this party!" She screamed and banged on the door.

Wala siyang karapatang gawin iyon. But my dad was dumb enough to notice what she's doing.

"Chain! You son of a bitch!" How dare she call my mom a bitch?

"Chain Yuan! You do not belong to this family, kaya huwag ka nang magpabigat!" She screamed once more. I opened the door and looked her in the eye.

"You better show yourself out there or else!" I shoved her away and walked towards my party. I saw my dad talking to Cooper. That asshole is 13 and acts like he owns everything.

"Chain! Come here, son!" My dad handed me a glass of wine.

"Happy birthday!" I heard 9 year old Kalyan and felt her tug on my pants. Out of all of these monsters, She's the only one I can tolerate.

Ngumiti siya sa akin at inabutan ako ng maliit na kahon. Napangiti nalang rin ako.

"Thanks, kid."

"Psh." I heard Cooper say. Umirap ito. Hindi ko alam kung napansin ba ni dad o wala lang talaga siyang pakialam

"Chain, Baby!" Step monster approached me. I cringed when she kissed my cheek.

"Better not ruin this for us. Huwag mo kaming ipapahiya, Chain." She whispered.

"Happy birthday, dear." She clung on my father's arms. I noticed a new gold bracelet dangling from her wrist. Golddigger.

"Im gonna... Fix something." I told them and walked away. I tried to find Mhorein but she's no where to be seen.

Asaan na kaya siya?

"Looking for someone?" I looked behind me and saw my step mom's stupid face again.

"None of your business." I faced the other way.

"Mhorein didnt get an invitation." I looked back at her.

"What? W-Wait. No, Even if she didnt receive an invitation, She'd know. " I shook my head.

"She cant get in without one." Tears started to form again.

"Why are you doing this to me?" She smirked and stood closer to me.

"Cause I cant bare to see you happy. I cant look at you without thinking, That you should've died with your mother. If you did, Me and my children would've had all of this. Not you." I tried to contain my anger.

"Happy birthday, sweetheart!" She said, Loudly.

"You gold digging bitch! You dont deserve any of this! Or my dad! Youre the burden, Not me! Im the original child! Sampid ka lang at ang mga anak mo!" Everyone looked at me. They started to whisper. Cooper held her mother's arms and dad rushed towards us. No one else heard her first statement...

She sobbed in my father's arms.

"Chain. Go to your room. Now!"

"Hon? Why are you crying?" I sat down and wiped the tears.

"Nothing, May naalala lang ako." We looked at the door when someone knocked.

"Sir Chain Yuan, You and your companion should be ready for dinner in 10 minutes."