Chapter 8 : Greenough

CHAIN

I stared at the love of my life as she examined blood stains on the carpet, Trying to make sense of it. It's not the most romantic or lovely sight but it's her. It's the woman I want to be with for the rest of my life. She will be. I know that for a fact.

"Chain! Chain!" Masyado na namang malalim ang iniisip ko, Hindi ko na napansin kung anong nangyayari sa paligid.

"Are you okay, Hon?" She asked. Her eyes staring at me with worry.

"Oo naman." She smiled.

"These blood stain are a couple of hours older than the ones we found on the stairs. "

"Detective, May nakita kaming bakas ng dugo sa pader. Mukhang dalawa hanggang tatlong araw na ito dito." I looked as my girlfriend's perfect eyebrows met. God, I wanna look at her for years and never get tired of it. Too bad... I...

"CHAIN!" She snapped her fingers

"Hon?" Both Mhorein and Aiden were looking at me, Puzzled.

"I told you they were killed one by one." I said.

"Paano ka nakakasigurado?"

"The older the blood stains were, The more hidden it was. The killer murdered them one by one and murdered the first victim in a more hidden place. And as they slowly loose more people in the house, Nauubos din ang pwedeng witness. Kaya ang huling pinatay ay hindi na kinailangang itago. Diretso itong ninakawan ng buhay sa hagdan." Mhorein looked at me.

"May punto naman si Mhorein." Aiden said. Tumitig sa kawalan si Mhor.

"Ibig sabihin ilang araw na silang nagtatago rito sa loob ng mansyon." She shivered.

"The mansion is huge enough for someone to stay in here without anyone knowing."

"Hindi rin naman pwedeng isa sa mga naninilbihan sa mga Enrile. Lahat din sila ay natagouabg patay." I added.

"Nakakakilabot... " Aiden added.

"We'll get to the bottom of this."

"Mhor, The Enrile's are a very well known family. And fame comes with hate. A lot of hate and jealousy, Lalo na at sobrang yaman ng mga ito." I tried to hide the fact that my head started hurting. Mhorein's eyebrow raised.

"Hon, Ayos ka lang ba talaga?" I nodded.

"Of course." Nginitian ko ito.

"Kailangan na nating magsimula. Our biggest suspect is David Tan CEO of DLG corp. His family's company has always been a rival of the Enrile's. " Mhorein suggested.

"Or it can be the business partners." I looked at her perfect face.

"With no one in the bloodline to inherit the company, The business partners will surely take over. Tulad nalang ni Daniel Lucas of DMVS" Paliwanag ko.

I heard heals clicking and echoing through the mansion. The three of us looked at the huge door. A woman in a black skintight dress walked to wards us.

"Sheena Salvador. My dad and the Enrile's are business partners." Pakilala niya sa sarili at naglahad ng kamay. To be honest though, No one wanted to take it. She rose an eyebrow and dropped her hand.

"My father sent me here to check on the case. Is it true? Did no one survive? Not even one?"

"Detective Mhorein Layla Agustin, Me and my partners would be handling this case."

"Chain Yuan." Tumango ako. Aiden just looked at her, Probably overwhelmed by her aura.

"Since you're here maybe you can sit down and we can talk." She sat down on the sofa.

"Your dad being business partners with the Enrile's, He is a potential suspect."

Taka niya kaming tinitigan bago niya ma-realize ang gusto naming sabihin.

Sheena was quite literally shining through my peripheral vision, But I couldnt see anyone else other than Mhorein.

"So we are requesting a quick chat with your father." Sheena stood up and nodded.

"He will be informed." As soon as she left I spoke.

"Inspector, Paano nila nalaman ang tungkol sa trahedya?"

"Ipinatawag ko ang lahat ng pwedeng suspek kagabi pa lang."

Mhorein and Aiden were inspecting the whole mansion while I am left in the living room examining the details and autopsies.

Wala namang kakaiba, Lahat sinaksak hanggang sa mamatay.

"Im busy, Make it quick." I looked up to see a tall man in a dark blue suit and tie. Tumayo ako upang batiin ito.

"Im detective Chain Yu-"

"I dont care just make it quick, I came from a business trip and Im late for another one." I saw Mhorein approaching him from behind.

"You seem to be in a hurry, So Ill make this quick."

"Nasaan kayo nitog nakaraang linggo?"

"As I said, I was at a business trip in Aurora."

"May pruweba ka bang maipe-presenta sa amin?" He took out his phone and showed multiple pictures of him in a sandy background. Nasa beach man ito, Mukhang hindi sumangayon sa kanya ang panahon dahil nagdidilim ang mga ulap.

"Alright. Would you point out who else we could call?"

"Rodel Maxima of Maxed Out inc. Everyone knew he had an affair with the Enrile's older daughter." I read the files once he said that.

"Kinse anyos lang ang bata..." Mhorein looked at me.

"Well thats another case againts him." Mhorein said and looked at Daniel.

"You can go now." Daniel left and Aiden came rushing towards us.

"May nahanap kaming medyo kakaiba. Tignan niyo." He put down an ice pick. Inspector Arcilla handed us a notebook. Mhorein opened the notebook and scanned every page.

"It's... Emp-" She stopped at one page and examined it.

"It's a code." I stood beside her and looked at the page. I... Understood nothing. Tulad lang rin noong nakita namin sa park nung huling kaso.

"Qgi qukk ubgweur rgw rgeibw biq rgpr rgw vkiis ua fibr?"

-Acros"