Chapter 50: Insane

CHAIN

I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing.

"Dont pass out... Dont pass out..." I tried to move but the straitjacket restrained me.

I blinked multiple times trying to keep focus. I looked around me. The bright white cotton walls reminded me where I am.

Mhorein...

Ayaw niya akong makita...

"What have I done?" I whispered as tears fell down my cheek.

I shook my head when the gruesome scene I created started to flash in front of me.

Parang paulit ulit kong nakikita ng dugo na nasa kamay ko.

At this point I have no idea if it's the cancer tumour in my brain or Im actually insane.

Hell I don't even remember what I did. It's like I didn't have a grasp of my own mind.

Maliban sa video na ipina-panood sa akin, Hindi ko maalala ang mismong ginawa ko.

The so-called nurse entered the room again.

''Time for medicine.'' She smirked. I gulped when I saw her holding a syringe.

''Who are you?'' Tanong ko.

To be honest, She really looks familiar. Like I've seen her more than once.

''Sir, Nurse lang po ako. Now get ready for your medicine.'' Ngumiti ito.

I didnt fight back. But I'm sure as hell not trusting her. I Feel my head start to pound.

''Drink it.'' She said with force and gritted her teeth. I pursed my lips and stared at her.

She looks more annoyed. I smiled at the sight. She smiled and stood up. She dropped the medicine infront of me.

''Kapag hindi ka sumunod sa akin, Hindi mo na siya makikita ulit.'' She looked at me as if she already won.

I just continued to glare at her.

''Ni hindi mo manlang ako naaalala?'' My eyebrow rose when she broke character.

"Kung anong ginawa mo? Ginawa ninyo? Wala ka talagang alam?"

"Hindi ka ba kinukulit ng konsensya mo, Castranuevo?" I can feel her anger.

''I dont know who the hell you are. I know damn well I didn't do anything to deserve this.'' She slapped me and turned her back.

''But I'm sorry." Napatigil ito.

"Whatever happened to you that you're blaming on me, It's just me. Hurt me, Torture me. I dont care.''

"Pero maawa ka, Huwag niyo na siyang madamay." I said. She just stood there with her back against me.

Without a word she left the room. Her emotions got the best of her and she didn't even try to torture me with what ever these medicines are. This one's weak

I didnt know where it was coming from but I heard Mhorein's voice. I dont know what to think. It's like Im insane enough to hear her voice but sane enough to know that isn't her.

I shook my head once again. Repeating the words,

Im not insane, Im not insane, Im not insane.

Nagsisinungaling sila, Minamanipula nila ako. Hindi ako dapat magpaapekto. Hindi sila ang masusunod sa sarili kong utak.

I can't let them take what's remaining of our time together. I cant let them make a widow of my fiancé.

I looked up like I was crazy. I acted as if I'm loosing it, Tears rolling out of my eyes.

But really I just need to see how many blinking red lights are around me.

One. Just one.

How the hell am I supposed to get out of here without causing a scene...

Unless that was the only way out. A scene. I stood up with all the force I have in me and ripped the straight jacket.

Natawa ako. Sinadya nila ito.

There's no way a staightjacket could've been broken so easily. They want me to escape. But that doesnt matter now. All that matters is I find Mhorein and Aiden.

As soon as I kicked the door open, The smell of gasoline, something, metallic and fishy entered my nose.

''What the hell is this place?'' Tanong ko sa sarili nang mapagtantong walang kahit sino na nakapaligid sa akin.

The dark metal room gave away a fact that I am surely not in a real asylum. this is an abandoned building.

An abandoned that weirdly enough wasnt guarded at all.

I started to walk around. My footsteps barely making a sound. I can hear something ringing or something dripping. It's too dark to see more than a few steps ahead of me but I can see stairs. Rusty metal stairs.

I decided to try my luck and check what's upstairs.

More stairs. A lot of stairs. My head hurts more every second but I can't mind it due to the relief of knowing Im not actually in an asylum. That means Mhorein and Aiden are probably somewhere in this building.

Now all I need is to find them. I walked up a couple more floors but I couldnt see any exits or entrances. The floors arent even foors to begin with. They are just sections of stairs.

I started panting. I looked at the my feet. They labeled the stairs and according to them, Im 289 steps in.

Im starting to get dizzy from dehydration and lack of oxygen. The health condition doesn't help either.

I felt a sigh of relief when I saw a metal door labelled 'FIRE EXIT'. It's like I can see light coming out of it as if it's a glimmer of hope.

Wait.. There is light coming out of the gaps on the door.

I struggled to open it but I did.

I coughed at the smell of strong alcohol and disinfectant. I closed my eyes to let it adjust to the bright light and white sheets.

The room was messy as if someone threw a fit. There was a glass broken and a wine stained carpet.