Chapter 29 : Lezran

CHAIN

"Ang alam ko lang nasa isang lugar sa Lezran si Aiden." Mhorein said as we entered the car. She gently closed the door.

"Nagdala ka ba ng gamot?" I asked as I fastened my seatbelt. She checked her backpack.

"Yeah." We made sure to pack extra clothes and essentials. We're sure we wouldnt be able to find Aiden in a day since we have no connection to him.

"Good." Sinimulan ko ang makina ng sasakyan.

Mhorein stayed quiet the whole ride and just stared outside the window.

Lezran is a couple of hours away so I expected us to be there at night.

"Ngayon ko lang nakita 'to..." Said Mhorein.

"Yeah..." The entrance way to Lezran is a long narrow road surrounded by a forest. I opened my headlights as it began to get dark.

"Huh. This is a really long road." I commented after almost an hour of driving in a straight way.

My eyebrows met when I saw something weird in middle of the road. I slowly stopped the car which confused Mhorein.

"Bakit ka tumigil?" She asked. I looked at the thing in the middle. What is that?

"Dito ka lang." I got out of the car. As I got closer to whatever it was, It dawned on me.

It's a dead boar. A brutaly killed boar. Head chopped off, Missing eyes and tongue beside it. I looked beside it. Something was written in blood.

'baaab aabaa aabaa babba abbab baabb baaab abbab abbab abbaa
-Acros'

"Paano niya naman nalaman?" Bulong ko sa sarili.

I looked behind me when I heard the car door open and close.

"I told you stay inside." Hindi ako pinansin ni Mhorein at tinignan ang sitwasyon aa harap namin.

"Oh my god. Paano niya nalaman?" Her breathing became heavy. She faced the other way and tried her best to stop tears.

"I cant look... T-Take a picture of the code." Bumuntong hininga.

"Mhor. Pumasok ka na sa sasakyan." She ran back to the car and slammed the door. I took a photo of the code before dragging the poor thing to the side of the road with a random stick that I found.

When I got back inside I saw Mhorein panting.

"Mhor, Breathe." I held her hand.

"Give me the thing... The photo. I-I wanna see it." I shook my head.

"You literally can't."

"Im fine. Gusto ko lang makita, P-please." She dug her fingernails on the dashboard.

"Calm down. You can't handle it." She slammed her fist on the dashboard.

"Im fine!" She gritted her teeth. I stared at her.

"Mhorein, Just calm down. Please. Everything's okay. Wala nang mananakit sa iyo ngayon. " She laid her head on the dashboard.

"What does the code say?" Mhorein said while her head's still on the dashboard.

"Wait..." I typed the code on my notes and gave her my phone. Even with her hands shaking she took my phone.

"This is bacon's cipher." I chuckled.

"Cause I found it next to a wild pig?" Mhorein looked at me.

"Seriously, Chain?" She took out her phone and read it side by side.

"It says, 'See you soon'." Binalik ni Mhorein sa akin ang telepono.

She shivered.

"Maybe you should take your Prozac." I smiled. She took a pill out and a bottle of water.

The rest of the ride was quiet since Mhorein fell asleep after saying her head hurts. Seeing Mhorein like this really fuels my passion for revenge. For the past two months she had countless panic attacks, nightmares and flashbacks. I dont think the prozac is working but it seems to calm her down. Placebo effect.

I felt a hint of relief when I finally saw Lezran gates in the distance. It's getting dark already so we have to find a place to stay in for a night or two.

I opened my phone and searched for directions to the nearest hotel.

"Mhor, Andito na tayo." Mhorein jerked when I touched her. She looked at me panting.

"I just woke you up..." I looked at her.

"Im sorry... I was having a bad dream." She looked around.

"Andito na ba dito?"

"Yeah." I smiled at her. I watched Mhorein get out of the car with her bag. I sighed.

"Hey! Let's go." She knocked on the car window. I smiled at her before getting out of the car. I havent seen her display this much energy in a while. Possitive energy atleast.

Mhorein found her way to the hotel lobby while I trailed behind her.

"Chain Yuan Castranuevo. Here's my credit card." I handed the receptionist my I. D. And credit card. After a few minutes she gave it back to me and staff assisted us to our room.

"Finally. Some rest." I jumped on the bed and curved on the sheets and pillows.

"Yeah, Rest." Mhorein opened her laptop on the kitchen counter.

"Hey... You need to get some sleep. Bukas na iyan, Mhorein." I sat up.

"Kakagising ko lang, Hon. Im fine." Said Mhorein as she typed.

"What are you even doing?"

"Im sending a message to the agency. Im asking them which station they assigned Aiden to."

"Okay... "

"Middle Lezran... Malapit lang siguro siya dito. " Mhorein stood up and closed the window beside her.

"You're cold?"

"Im bothered." She closed her laptop and lied down next to me.

"What is it?" I asked, worried.

"Nothing... Im just not familiar with this place." Mhorein lied on her side, Facing the other way.

A few minutes later and she's asleep, softly snoring. I laid my back on the wall as I browsed on my laptop.

I looked at Mhorein when I heard soft cries.

"Mhor? You okay?"

"Help!"

Mhorein bolted up, Almost pushing me down the bed, Breathing heavily when we heard a loud scream.

"T-That wasnt part of my nightmare, Was it...?"