Chapter 22 : Fancy

CHAIN

"Mhorein? Bakit gising ka pa, Hon?"

Tonight is our last night here since tomorow is Kalyan's birthday. Since our chaos at dinner, Both me and Cooper tried to avoid each other as much as possible.

Syempre hindi maiiwasan ang sinasadyang pagbangga at masamang titigan. Pero maliban doon, Wala na.

"Im just looking up the coordinates that they gave us." I looked at the clock, It's 1:53 A. M.

"We already know where she is, Mhorein... Pwede ba magpahinga ka naman?"

"She's somewhere in our old college." Mhorein looked at me.

"Who ever is behind this really knows how to manipulate us. Lalo na ikaa." I said.

"Hindi na ako nagpapaapekto sa kanila. Alam ko ang ginagawa ko. Hindi sila mananalo." She massaged her temple.

"What did we do to deserve this?" I sighed when she said that.

"Hon, You have to take this easy-"

"Chain, Lives are in danger. Innocent lives. How am I gonna take this easy? They killed inspector Arcilla. What if they harm someone closer to us?"

"Well to be honest, I care more about you." She looked at me.

"What?"

"If losing other people means you're safe, Then I'll lose other people." Mhorein shot a confused look. I just know she's about to argue with me.

"Chain-" She sighed.

"I get it but we'll do our best, right?" I smiled and nodded.

"Thanks, hon... "

We fell asleep quickly after that. We woke up from a loud banging on our door.

"Sir! Sir Yuan! Late na po kayo! Kailangan niyo na maghanda!" Mhorein and I bolted up to see the 1:45 P. M. On the clock. Preperations started at 1 P. M.

"Shit." Mhorein stood up and ran to the bathroom. Mabilis kong sinundan si Mhorein oara maghilamos at magsipilyo.

We opened the door to a team with about ten to fifteen people. Some of them are carrying bags.

"Sir, Maam. Kami ang hair and makeup team ninyo. Kami na ang bahala dito. Im Alena De Frances, Im the team leader." Lahat sila ay natataranta na dahil nahuli kami.

"Sorry, We were up late. Come in." Mhorein made way for them to come in. Three of them opened huge bags and set up two foldable makeup tables with a mirror and two chairs.

"Bilisan niyo naman! Bilis!" Alena instructed her collegues on where to put certain things and what to do with them. We ended up looking at a foldable makeup table, Complete with things I dont even what to call.

My phone rang and I saw Aiden's name flashing on the screen. I grabbed it and answered the phone.

"Asan na ba kayo? Kanina pa ko andito. Ang daming taong hindi ko kilala pero kahit isang Castranuevo wala pa."

"We're still at the resort. Nagaayos. I dont even know where the venue is."

"You guys are seriously late to your own party? Bilisan niyo naman, Bro. Wala akong kilala kahit isa dito."

"Yeah, Sorry. Bakit ba kasi ang aga mo? Party starts at 5:30."

"Basahin mo yung pinadalang imbitasyon ni Mhorein. Alas kwarto daw ang simula." I shook my head.

"I guess they wanted a grand entrance, I dont know."

"Well, Hurry up!"

"Yeah, Yeah. Bye." I ended the call.

Napakamot nalang ako ng ulo nang makita kung gaano sila katarantang ayusin ang nga gamit. Nilabas nila ang isang pares na suit and tie and what I assume to be Mhorein's gown. Nang matapos sila sa paghahanda ng gamit, Sinabihan kaming umupo sa harap ng isang portable vanity mirror.

They started to get us ready and with in about an hour, Mhorein and I were done... With the make up.

I glanced at Mhorein from my peripheral vision. I cant see her too well, But damn. She's gorgeous. With or without all the makeup. They held her hair in a net and some clips.

I looked at my own reflection, Wala naman silang masyadong binago. Just a few touch ups here and there.

"Sir, Pwede po bang itagilid ang ulo niyo?" Napakunot ako ng noo dahil sa mga salitang napili niya.

She started doing something to my hair. Combing, Straightening, Gel. All that shit. After another hour with the hair we were done. All we needed to do was put the outfits on.

"Maiwan na namin kayo." I looked at the clock when the team left. 4:55 P.M.

I feel kind of bad for them cause they had to rush everything without making a mistake just because we woke up late.

Umupo ako sa kama at inayos ang sapatos ko habang hinihintay si Mhorein.

I stood up again and got a full body view of myself on the mirror. Slick back hair and a navy blue suit matched with black shoes and a silver watch.

I heard the bathroom door opened and Mhorein walked out in a sky blue off shoulder gown, Her wavy hair fell perfectly on her shoulders. I took a moment to appreciate her.

She smiled at me and grabbed a clutch.

"Nagtext ang dad mo, Limousine's gonna pick us up in 10 minutes."

"Uh-huh." I walked up to her and grabbed her waist. Perfect pink lips topped on with clear lip gloss made her iressistable.

"You look great." She said, Smiling. I kissed her cheeks, Trying not to ruin the make up.

"Same to you." With a knock on the door, She put her arm around mine.

"Maam, Sir." Two huge men wearing a black suit and tie greeted us. They escorted us to our ride and opened the doors.

"Well, Isnt this fancy?"