Chapter 25 : Trigger

CHAIN

"You fucking monster!" Mhorein writhed on her seat.

"Ikaw gumawa noon? Pinatay mo si Inspector Arcilla!" Aiden went from afraid to angry.

Aiden screamed when he couldnt get out of his seat. I wanted to scream and do the same. But for the past couple of minutes my head felt like exploding.

We must've been here for more than a couple of hours. My headaches had been having a pattern. Every morning to afternoon. It gets worse and worse everytime.

"Why?" I looked at him intently. Morse walked towards me and stared into my soul. The only thing visible from his mask are his eyes, And they give me shivers.

I clenched my jaw and felt my muscles tense.

"Why the fuck are you doing this?" Morse laughed.

"I dont know. " He shrugged and stood up properly.

"Papatayin kita!" Aiden screamed. Morse once again, Laughed.

"Ask Acros." Acros? Si Acros ba ang puni't dulo ng lahat ng ito?

"You know, The guy with the emails? And the codes?" Morse laughed.

"Acros?" Aiden asked. Tinignan niya ako na parang nagtatanong.

"Yeah! Him. That stupid fucking code name." Morse rolled his eyes.

"You work for him?" Tinignan ko ito ng masama.

"No... No. I work with him." He said with emphasis.

"Oh, guess what?" Mas napipikon ako sa boses niya. Lalo sa tono nito na para bang laro lang ang lahat.

"Sabihin mo nalang kasi kung ano bang gusto mo!" Aiden screamed at him, Crying.

"I said guess!" The back of Morse' hand fell on Aiden's cheeks. The sound echoed around the room.

"What is it?!" I angrily screamed.

"You know two of us now!"

"Mayroon pang iba?" I asked.

"Yes!" Morse clapped while laughing.

I looked at Mhorein. She had this troubled panicking look. Her breathing doesnt seem normal. She stared at the body infront of her teary eyed. My brows met when I saw her nails digging into the metal chair.

"Let us go! She cant handle this!" I turned to Morse and screamed. Morse laughed.

"Poor little detective. What? You havent seen a dead body before?" Morse laughed and signaled the men behind him.

He left the room while the men followed behind him, Dragging Roxxane's dead body with chains. It left a trail of blood while Roxxane's dead eyes stared at us. They closed the metal door behind them.

"Bakit nila ito ginagawa? Ano ba talagang kasalanan natin?" Mhorein broke down crying.

"Bakit kailangan pa madamay si Inspector Arcilla? Kung gusto nila tayo patayin, Pwede namang tayo lang, Hindi ba?!" Aiden sobbed.

I... Couldnt do anything. I just looked at them knowing how helpless and weak I am. Knowing how I couldnt do anything but stop myself from bursting into tears and making it worse for them. The best thing I can do is act like Im tough.

The light surrounding the room slowly faded but my headache got worse.

"Kailangan na nating makaalis dito... Ngayon na." Aiden said with a stern and firm voice.

"We cant... Kailangan nating maghintay. Kung tatakas tayo, Papatayin nila tayo agad." I tried to untie myself again. It just wont work.

"We wont get out of here alive. They wont let us." I heard Mhorein's emotionless and lifeless voice in the darkness. I sighed.

"Ano? Hindi mo alam anong gagawin?" Takot na tanong ni Aiden. Mhorein bitterly laughed at Aiden.

"I dont know anything anymore." Her voice sounded like she was losing grip of sanity.

"Mhor, Calm down. Please."

She let out a maniacal laugh that turned into a loud cry. I tried to hold in tears from what Im hearing.

Parang hindi ko ata kayang makita si Mhorein na nagkakaganito.

"Paano ko kakalma, Chain?!" She screamed. I felt a sharp pang in my head.

"Guys...? Ako lang ba o medyo umiinit na dito?" Aiden asked. He's right.

A couple more seconds pass and it feels like it gets hotter and hotter in the room. It got to the point where our metal seats are starting to heat up.

"Shit... Napapaso na ako." I cringed as i tried to lift my ass and arms off the table.

"Fuck." I cursed under my breathe when I remembered that Im tied down. Minutes passed and we started to panic. Im soaked in sweat as I tried to break the ropes.

"Chain?! Chain! Napapaso na ako! Ang init ng upuan!" Mhorein cried. I couldnt handle the heat anymore and tears started to fall.

Im slowly starting to get dizzy. After multiple hours of being unconscious, without water and sweating our literal asses off I wont be surprised if we get dehydrated. My mouth feels so dry along with my throat.

I laid my head low and started to focus on my breathing.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" Sigaw ni Aiden habang naririnig kong nagpupumiglas ito. I dont know what he's doing but it sounds like he's trying to jump off.

I breathed heavily trying not to pass out.

"Mhor...? Are you okay? Mhorein?" I called out for my girlfriend that I just realized who went silent.

"Chain! Ang sakit na, Tangina!" Aiden cried both in fear and in agony.

The room's getting to a temperature I've never felt before. I squeezed my eyes shut when I felt like Im gonna lose consciousness from the heat and dehydration.

I can feel the heat of the metal chain burn through my skin. I kept thinking of Mhorein. Im lucky enough to be wearing a suit but she's in an off shoulder dress.

Sweat kept dripping from my forehead. I can barely breathe properly.

"Exactly as planned..." An unfamiliar voice was the last thing I heard before I felt a liquid run down my nose.

*****

Happy birthday Issy!