Chapter 21 : Simp

CHAIN

"Chain, Just breathe." Mhorein has been trying to calm me down for the past few minutes. Im pretty sure Im having a panic attack thinking that Im going to be surrounded by these people again.

"I cant, Mhorein." I said with my voice shaking.

I gritted my teeth and glared at myself in the mirror. One, two, three more splashes of water on my face. I clenched my fist and hit it on the sink.

"Chain Yuan Castranuevo." Such a stern tone but I felt my heart beat slowly going back go normal.

Mhorein held both of my hands and looked me in the eye. Something about her made me feel like the fear and anger is slowly leaving my body.

"We dont want anymore mistakes for them to notice so we should go. " I wiped my face with a towel and combed my hair. We both wore something casual.

Staff opened the doors for us. Inside is a buffet that's built in the hotel resort. Kalyan saw us and her eyes sparkled.

"Chain! Mhor! Over here!" I walked towards her and tried to smile.

"Uhm... Kuya, Sabi kasi ni dad kung pwede raw bang sumabay kayo sa amin kumain..." I sighed when I felt Mhorein squeeze my hand tighter.

"Pero pwede naman sa ibang table kayo if you're not-" I cut her off.

"It's fine." Something inside of me was telling me to fix this relationship with my family before... It's too late.

"Oh... Thank you, Kuya." She looked at me and smiled. Mhorein and I sat down. Moments later and they're all sitting infront of us. Cooper looking down at his phone, Sierra next to him and my dad and Kalyan to my right.

"So... You two. We always knew it." Dad smiled. I looked at Sierra, My step mom, Who was smirking at us.

"Yeah." The atmosphere surrounding this table wasnt making any of us comfortable.

"Mhorein, Lalo kang gumanda. Dalaga ka na rin." Sierra flashed a fake smile at my girlfriend. Mhorein laughed, Uncomfortably.

"Well, Chain has been a really good boyfriend. Magaling ho siyang magalaga."

"Reminds me when me and Sierra were younger." I cringed, Trying to hide the fact that I got annoyed at that statement. What about my mom?

"Wow... After seven years. Looking at all of you right now. Look at how much everyone has grown. Ang lalaki niyo nang lahat"

"Yeah, It wouldnt have been seven years if someone wasnt being too bitter." I glared at Cooper. After minutes of us killing each other in our minds, Kalyan cut the silence.

"I still cant believe Im with you again, kuya. I missed my older brother! Remember when you tried to put make up on me?" I smiled at the memory.

"Yeah... " Cooper rolled his eyes. I wonder how he's been treating Kalyan.

"So Chain, How's your job? I heard you and Mhorein work on the same field?" I seriously cannot believe how fake Sierra is acting right now.

"It's great. I can stand on my own feet. I dont have to... depend on anyone to survive or to buy myself anything I want." I stared at her. I felt Mhorein gripping on my arm, Signaling me to stop.

Sierra cleared her throat and sipped on her glass of wine.

"What do you do for work again?" After seconds of me not answering my dad, Mhorein decided to step in.

"Well, We're police detectives. Actually, Work has been really hectic these few months and we're just happy to be taking a week off for Kalyan." Nakita kong ngumiti si Kalyan.

"Woah. You solve crimes?" She seemed so facinated.

"I've never met real detectives before..."

"Kalyan, Dont showcase your ignorance." Sierra looked at her daughter. Mhorein and I just stared at Kalyan. Poor kid.

"This pasta is amazing, Calahan." Sierra commented.

"A plate is worth more than a 0.5 carat diamond, Of course it's amazing." They laughed. Nanahimik nalang kami ni Mhorein at nagpatuloy sa pagkain.

"Maam, Sir. We offer deserts- Oh my god!" The waitress screamed when the ice cream fell onto Mhorein's skirt. The waitress turned pale when she saw who was sitting on the table.

"Pasensya na po talaga! Kukuha lang ako ng tissue." The waitress panicked. Mhorein smiled.

"No, It's fine-" Cooper stood up and cut her off.

"Get her a fucking towel now! Are you dumb?! Stop standing there and help her, You dumb bitch!" Tinignan lang ni Calahan at Sierra ang kabastusan ng anak nila.

"Cooper sit down, She didnt mean it-" Naputol ang sasabihin ni Kalyan.

"Shut up, Kal! This is so embarassing, Mhorein. We're so sorry." I raised an eyebrow. Simping? Really?

"No, I can handle it. It's fine, I have a-" Mhorein was cut off again.

"Why are you still here?! Are you really that stupid?!" Cooper screamed at the waitress.

"Sir, Pasensya na po talaga." She bowed down.

"Seriously, It's fine. Meron akog panyo. Salamat nalanh. " Mhorein wiped the ice cream off her skirt. Inabot niya ang panyo sa waitress.

"Can you just throw this away for me please, Thank you." Mhorein smiled.

"Wow, I cant believe you just let her do that to you." Cooper looked at Mhorein.

"It was an accident, It's fine."

"No it's not. She's so stupid! God!" Cooper called on the manager.

"It's fine, Really. You dont have to do that-" Again, He cut him off.

"No, I'll handle this." My eyebrows met. Why does he care so much?

"It's fine." Nagbago ang tono ng boses ni Mhorein. Parang tulad ko, Naiinis narin ito.

Tinignan ko ang mga tao sa paligid ko. Ni isa sa kanila wala manlang pumigil sa eskandalo ni Cooper.

"No, No. Dont worry about it,We'll get her fired, okay?" I slammed my fist on the table and stood up.

"Can you just shut up?! She said, It's it's fine!" Sigaw ko.

"Cooper sit down. You two are really embarassing me right now." Sierra fiercely looked at her children. What did she expect from Cooper? Dad wiped his mouth with a tissue.

"Well, Im full. We're finished. I suggest we all go take a rest. And they close at 8:15. It's already 8." Dad stood up.

Nagkatinginan kaming magkakapatid

"Well... Dad's disappointed." I heard Kalyan whisper. For some reason, Hearing that affected me.