Lando Norris & Daniel Ricciardo

Some Mclaren Boi fluff.
Idea behind is the song "Deep End" by Birdie.
Just some trigger warnings! ⚠️
(May include depression and thoughts of self-harm)

A young boy, just seven when he claimed his first pole position. Now a young man, 19 years old, when he entered the formula one world with Mclaren. Time, patience and commitment, was all that he needed to strive for perfection. Though, not all was as it seemed for Lando, on the inside he was insecure, anxious and riddled with depression. The only thing that kept him going was his love for the sport. Everyday he tried to do his best in everything he did. Every move he made in the car, which he named Scarlett, was criticised by himself as he knew he could do better and that he should have done better. Lando's rookie season was great, he had shown was he had as he settled in and proved that he could do more. His then teammate Alonso had left the team and the young Carlos Sainz jr had joined.
For the first time in a while Lando was excited to have a new teammate, one who he got along with so well. It was nice to know that he had support from Carlos, it was nice to have a friendship. Those are rare in formula one, the competitive nature of the sport overpowered the want to have friendships within it.
Lando knew that Carlos was wanting to go to Ferrari, a dream of Carlos's for ages. Lando was scared, unsure of who would replace Carlos. Carlos had been there for Lando when he had anxiety attacks, depressive outbursts, suicidal thoughts and when Lando told Carlos that he was gay. Carlos' opinion on Lando never changed, he supported Lando, being gay in formula one was frowned upon. It wasn't safe to share such intimate details about his personal life.
When Carlos left Mclaren, Lando hadn't expected it to be this bad. During the Christmas break, Lando spiralled and spiralled, he was having breakdown after breakdown, he couldn't cope with not knowing whether he would be okay without Carlos. Deep down he knew he would be okay, he was going to have Daniel Ricciardo as his teammate. They had always gotten on, Daniel took a strong liking to the brit, in racing and offtrack.
Lando stared out of his 14th floor flat in Surrey, it was dark, the moon full and beaming, beautiful it was really. He had never really appreciated the beauty of the night sky, the stars aligned and shone powerful bright light onto Lando's tanned skin. He swallowed, he looked down below him as he held the balcony railings. Just jump you pussy, do it. You know that your not worth anything. Your dead to everyone, the only place you should be is six foot under. He stumbled back away from the balcony, he slammed the door to the balcony shut, just praying for the thoughts to fade away. He burst out hysterically crying, he panicked, he picked up his phone. He didn't know how to stop this, whatever it was. He thought about calling Carlos but felt best to leave him be. Lando called the second person he knew he trusted, his phone display went to the call screen, the contact he called was displayed as, "D.R"
Three rings and he got through, "Daniel." He barely choked out, "Lando? Are you okay?" "Daniel, please. Help. I don't know how to stop it." "Lando, im coming. Ill be 5 minutes max." With that Daniel, hung up, he got into his car and headed to Lando's. Lando had become worse, he was now hyperventilating, he had crawled to the bathroom and found his razor blades and took to his skin like a pen on paper. He heard the door open and heard Daniel shout, "LANDO?" "bathroom" Lando cried out. Daniel rushed in, seeing the blood that had dripped from the many wounds on Lando's wrist. He grabbed some tissues and wetted them, then wrapped them around Lando's wrist. He spoke to lando calmly, "Hey, hey, look at me. breathe, in and out." Lando followed his lead, slowly his breathing stabled, his crying not so much. Daniel got down onto the floor with him and hoisted Lando into his lap, applying pressure to his wound with the tissue and then wrapping it up in a bandage. "Lando," He said as he wiped Lando's tear stained cheeks, "You don't have to tell me what happened, but you're okay now, I'm here." Lando engulfed Daniel in a hug as Daniel rubbed circles on his back. "Thank you." Lando whispered, "It happened so quickly, I panicked, then did this" He said as he pointed to his arm, "and then called you, as i trust you." Lando whispered to Daniel. "Don't worry Lando, its all going to okay. You shouldn't have did this to yourself but you panicked, so I'm not mad at you. But thank you for calling me, I'm glad i could help you." "Daniel, theres something else you need to know" Its now or never Lando thought to himself, what else do i have to lose. "Take your time Lando" "Daniel, Since i met you in my rookie season, I have been fascinated by you. You never fail to make me laugh, the smell of your aftershave makes my knees weak and your smile everytime i see you makes me shiver. What I'm trying to say, is that, I'm in love with you Daniel Ricciardo." Lando looked down to his hands, shaking they are, though they felt warmer as Daniel picked them up and held them in Lando's lap. Lando looked up at Daniel, "Lando, I," "Don't worry Daniel, you don't have to love me back, i just couldn't live knowing I hadn't tried." "Lando, I'm shocked, but, when i first saw you in your rookie season, I couldn't take my eyes of off you. Your smile and your laugh, just warm my heart. Lando, I'm in love with you also." And with that Daniel cupped Lando's cheeks and pulled him into a passionate kiss. The kiss was soft, passionate, slow and full of love. They pulled away and stared into eachothers eyes, "Thank you." Lando whispered and placed a kiss on Daniel's lips. "I love you Lando." "I love you too Danny."