Pierre Gasly & Max Verstappen

An unusual pairing, my wonderful friend has selected them again, as well as the theme. No details on the theme, however it will include; A crash, swearing, sadness, maybe some distressing moments.
13+

After Pierre had transferred back to AlphaTauri, Max had felt a little lost. He missed the training sessions with Pierre and the sim sessions. Alex was lovely, friendly and funny. But Max got on in a way with Pierre that it was just so easy, and they so quickly understood each-other. He had known it wasn't easy for the Frenchman at RedBull. He also knew he was partially to blame. Max knew that. RedBull didn't have to hide it, Max knew it's because Pierre struggled to keep up. Max felt guilty, so guilty. He knew how hard it was to get used to the RedBull car. He himself had struggled with it in the beginning. It was unfair, but there was no going back. He couldn't change Christian or Helmut's minds. Max just had to realise that this was always how it was going to be.
-
Pierre was actually rather happy he had returned to AlphaTauri, well, Toro Rosso last year. A year later and they had rebranded. Pierre liked it, the look of the car, the team, everything. RedBull were only interested in the money they got from placing higher. But Pierre wasn't racing for that, he was racing to not only do his best, but to win fairly and not just for the money. If a certain problem during a race caused him a loss, he just took it in his stride and admitted that it wasn't his day. The team would make sure he knew it wasn't his fault, unless he crashed it or something else. But they never made him feel like he wasn't worthy. However, with RedBull. All they ever did was make him feel like he wasn't worthy, he always had to be like Max, drive like Max, dress like Max, eat like Max, he may as well just have been fucking Max! Everything was, Max this, Max that, Max blah blah. Pierre hated it, the environment was fucking awful. His mental health had never been so low, he had no idea how Max coped. Pierre sometimes cried in his drivers room, or in his hotel room with Charles comforting him. Pierre had no respect for that team, he was truly done with "RedBull racing", he wasn't done with AlphaTauri. Big things were going to happen with that team, it just needed time.
-
Pierre had been struggling recently. He at first didn't mind moving back to AlphaTauri in 2019 but now a year later, he was disappointed. Not with the team or the car, but with himself. He had dreamed of being in a more competitive team, with a more competitive car. He had let himself down, one of the biggest letdowns he had ever had. Why couldn't he just get it right? Pierre was fed up of the countless times he was compared to Max at RedBull. The countless times he was put down because he wasn't up to the level Max was on. How could anyone ever be?! When their car revolved around Max, designed for Max, suited Max's driving style. It was never going to work out, he couldn't physically do it. He valued Max as a friend, but constantly being compared to him was just so demanding. It mentally scared Pierre, those scars were so heavily inflicted, they would never heal. But overtime they would slowly recover.
-
Max had dreamed of this before. It was a frequent nightmare. He would wake up in cold sweats, heart pounding, hands shaking, tears flowing. Max would always calm down, but not ever fall back asleep alone. Too scared to fall back asleep and for it to be real. He often over thought it, but he couldn't help it. It all seemed too real, for it to just be a dream;
Silence was all that Max could hear as he drove through a straight of lap 51, and like that his right rear tyre blew. Full throttle, hands turning the steering wheel slightly, his foot no where near the break and pop! goes his tyre. He spun and spun, a 360 at 200mph. It sent him straight into the barriers, his car compacting as result. Within seconds of crashing, a fire erupted, thick black smoke covering the sky, he heard the crowd gasping in unison. He heard the sirens of the safety car that was coming to save him, he heard his own sobs. He didn't want to die like this, not like this. Max had wanted to see Pierre at the end of the race, he had driven it so well, Max was so proud of him. So proud. That was the last thought in his mind as everything harshly went black.