Carlos Sainz Jr & Lando Norris

Based on the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020.
Will include: distressing moments, sad moods, depression and anxiety of people.
Enjoy.

"YOU KNEW I'D BE FUCKING HEARTBROKEN AND YET, YOU STILL FUCKING DID IT."
-
Lando was just going to have to face reality. Carlos would be leaving Mclaren after this weekend.
And only now, was Lando actually realising how much he would miss Carlos.
Before, he had known Carlos would be going, but he still had time with his teammate.
Before he even falls asleep, I got one foot out the door.
-
They were looking good going into the race, the cars were strong, the pace was even stronger. Lando was sad, he didn't want this to be it. He really didn't want Carlos to leave. His rookie season alongside Carlos was amazing. He had been guided by the Spaniard, his whole rookie season Carlos had helped him. Whether it was with the car, the team, the tracks. Anything that Carlos had helped Lando with, Lando was so extremely thankful and would remember forever.
I don't care anymore.
The race had started and as soon as Lando knew, it was about to end. "Five laps remaining." Lando sighed. "Final lap." Lando yelled, "FUCK, WHY." his finger accidentally hitting the radio as he did so. He didn't care, he actually didn't give a fuck. "Lando, everything okay?", Lando laughed, "Yeah yeah sorry mate.". No, everything was not okay. Lando had just finished in-front of Carlos, in Carlos's last race for the team. Lando felt the tears roll down his face, he saw Carlos's car next to him. They drove round the track in formation, as a goodbye. The team had opened up the radio's so both drivers could speak to each-other. Lando listened to Carlos's goodbye message to the team, before Carlos started his goodbye message to Lando. Lando let out little sniffs, tears still rolling.
"Ah, Lando. Lando, Lando, Being your teammate for the last 2 years has been incredible. You have so much talent and so much ability, that I really want to be able to race with you next season even more. Me leaving the team, may mean things may be different but you will still be my muppet friend. Don't lose that goofy smile of yours Lando, ever."
Lando sniffed, "Carlos, I hope you do so well at Ferrari next season. It would be really fun to race against you too, maybe even a podium together. Who knows? But I hope you do well, and I wish you all the best.
From your muppet friend, Lando." Lando said as his voice trembled.
That was it. Their last race as teammates. The last bit of contact Lando had with Carlos.
-
Lando had become increasingly confused. Carlos hadn't spoken to him since Abu Dhabi last year. It's now, May and they're in Monaco to race this week. Lando had no idea what he had done.
Trying to numb the pain away.
He had to message Carlos, he couldn't take it anymore.

Not even a read receipt. Lando was saddened by Carlos not even getting his messages. What could he have done?!
Is it too soon? Or is it too late?
-
Every time Carlos had to ignore Lando's calls of his name in the paddock, his waves, his smiles, his jokes, any type of communication, it hurt him. It was like a knife being dug so fucking heart into his heart you may as-well have just killed him. He hated having to ignore Lando. It went against his grain. But Ferrari had ordered him to do so. Carlos at first had argued it. He couldn't believe that to keep his spot at Ferrari, he would have to ignore his friend.
Would you bleed for me?
Carlos would also admit to himself, that he missed Lando more than he could've imagined. Charles was nice and all, but he wasn't Lando. No one could replace Lando in Carlos's heart. Carlos thought he could handle this, he knew Lando wouldn't be able to. But he didn't think it would hit him this badly. Carlos wanted to run to Lando's hotel and hug him until the start of the race. In fact he didn't want to let Lando go.
Set a fire in my head.
Carlos shouted, "ARGH" as he kicked the hotel room sofa. He was so guilty of what he had inflicted on Lando. He didn't even know how Lando was doing, they hadn't spoke since Abu Dhabi. Carlos hated not being able to have a single inch of contact with Lando. The team threatened to replace him, leaving Carlos with nowhere to go. Carlos decided he had to do it for one season, and then he could move. He would then be able to talk to Lando, hold Lando, wake up in the mornings with Lando. Carlos had kept that as his plan for this season. But then Carlos's mind short circuited. Lando hadn't messaged him since last year, always trying to talk in person. Carlos made sure that Lando couldn't see he had read the messages, and had even shed a tear at them. Carlos was full of anger. He had desperately wanted to reply to Lando's messages. But he knew, he couldn't. Instead, Carlos messaged someone he knew he could talk to.