Max Verstappen & Daniel Ricciardo

Based on the time they were teammates in 2016-17. Mainly on the event in Baku, Azerbaijan.
May include swearing, shouting and various emotions.

Raging, furious, disappointed and heartbroken. Daniel wanted the chance to fight for a podium, he had the fresher tires, the faster pace out of him and Verstappen. Max had known this, it was a strategic move from redbull, they needed at least one of their cars in the top 10, even better if it was top 5. But no, the incompetent Max Verstappen, had to have his way. Daniel was furious with the team, with Max and with himself. He knew Max was at fault, he moved twice when defending, you just cannot do that!
He knew his time at redbull was coming to an end, this was just the perfect cherry on top.
Christian was frustrated with the pair of men, Daniel had heard it all before. Max was the "Golden Boy", everyone had only wanted him to win, no one on the team really cared for Daniel. Just like they did with Seb, Daniil, Coulthard and Webber, tossed to the sidelines like your a scrapped car after a shunt.
Max had felt guilty after the race in Baku. He knew he should've let Daniel pass, he was faster, had fresher tires and was more skilled than the young dutchman. Though he couldn't let him pass, his ego too large. He knew he fucked up, the pain in Daniel's eyes as Max looked to make sure he was okay. He had let Daniel down, he had let his team down. His eyes were blurry, his vision blurred. If he could go back in time and change what he had done, he would. If only he had let Daniel pass, "FUCKING STUPID, im so fucking stupid." Max screamed as he fell to the floor of his hotel room. He held his head in his hands, sobbing uncontrollably. Max stayed like that for 15 minutes, letting it all flow out of him. The anger, the fury, seethed out from within him. The guilt and sadness he felt, had not left. It was constricting his heart, he had felt limp as he pulled himself over the the window cil. The windows were huge, slightly tinted black glass. From them you could see the amazing view of Baku, the colourful lights on tall buildings, the streetlights lit up the ground below him, the many lights reflected onto the sea surrounding the shorebank of Baku. Max had never really realised how beautiful Baku was in the nighttime. Max sighed, he thought about how life was before the incident with Daniel. The nights they spent together, playing fifa, eating food that they weren't supposed to. He missed it, normally they hung out after the race, but Max decided it was best to leave Daniel to calm down. He had wanted to be in Daniel's company. He wanted to apologise, he felt so guilty and so upset about all of it. He loved Daniel, probably more than he was supposed too, thats why it hurt him so badly. He couldn't lose Daniel, he wouldn't.
Daniel had spent the night; cold, exhausted, unable to sleep. He was still angry at Max. He was furious actually. Why couldn't Daniel have just had this one pass over him, why? Daniel wanted an answer. He needed an answer. He was about to call Max when he stopped himself, "No Daniel, leave him alone. He's also probably angry." Daniel put down his phone and jumped into the hotel bed, the moonlight beaming through the windows sent Daniel into a deep sleep.
Max woke up down next to his window, confused at first, but then he slowly remembered the events of the day before. He stood up and picked up his phone, he hoped to have a message from Daniel. Nothing. Max texted Gianpiero, to ask him what room Daniel was in. 398. Max changed and headed off to Daniel's hotel room. He arrived outside room 398, he placed 3 knocks on daniel's door. The aussie opened the door, he huffed out a breath, and pulled Max inside and into a hug. Max brought his arm up and around Daniel's neck, his face rested on Danny's chest. Daniel noticed how Max had held onto him for dear life, his body slowly relaxed as Daniel ran his hand up and down Max's back. "Jump." Daniel whispered to Max, and Max followed. Daniel carried Max over to the bed, and got onto the bed. Max straddled Daniel, not letting go of the grip he had around his neck. Daniel was still running his hand up and down Max's back. "Danny, I, I'm so so sorry." Max whispered to Daniel, his voice breaking as tears rolled down his face. "Maxy, it's not all your fault, I shouldn't have broke as late as i did, but i just wanted it so bad." Daniel said as he held a kiss to Max's forehead. "I know but i shouldn't have moved twice, I regretted it instantly." Max whispered, sniffing carried on, "When i was alone at the hotel, I felt so angry with myself. So stupid i felt guilty for ruining your race, I hate myself for what i did to you Danny." "Oh Maxy, i'm not mad at you. I know you know that it was your mistake. I'm not going to make that any worse for you." "Dan, when I was in the hotel room, alone, i thought about what we would do after the races. Playing fifa, eating food that we shouldn't eat, all of it. I missed it, I missed you, Danny." Daniel smiled at Max, "I missed you too Maxy, I did." The two cuddled into each other, they were no longer mad at each other. They were at peace with the world and as a pair. Daniel ran his hands through Max's light brown hair, he felt resistance from some leftover product in it. He felt Max shudder beneath him when he ran his hands through his hair. "You okay Maxy?" Max didn't say a word in response to Daniel, he pushed himself up out of Daniel's grip. Max rested his hands on Daniel's chest and looked into Daniel's eyes. "I'm in love with you." Daniel released a breath he didn't even know he was holding, his eyes relaxed and his hands travelled up Max's thighs, around his hips and up to his neck. Daniel pulled Max closer too him, their lips just centimetres away from touching. Daniel held Max's chin and slowly drew him into a kiss. It was indescribable to them both. The kiss was full of love. All of their emotions were embedding themselves into the others body, they were understanding each other. The kiss was slow, however it meant a lot to the boys. Their tongues working in perfect harmony, it was like a dream cone true. They pulled away, resting their foreheads together as they regained their breath. Daniel smiled at Max, "I love you too, golden boy." 
Though Daniel left redbull at the end of 2018, he and Max were stronger than anything. After practice, qualifying and races, good and bad, the other guided the other. Max was so grateful for Daniel, and adored Daniel for what he did. Daniel was smitten, He loved Max, more than he will ever know. Daniel made sure that Max was okay everyday, every minute. They knew that they were meant for forever.