Charles Leclerc & Daniel Ricciardo

Based in the 2019 season. Not a normal pairing you see, but I love it. Will include rape accusations (COMPLETELY FAKE), rather sad, triggering themes and words, as well as potential light smut, so reader discretion is advised.

Born and raised in Australia, Daniel had grown up being a real softie but quite "bulletproof" and "tough as nails". Daniel loved motorsport, his love of cars grew as he spiralled into a pre-pubescent teen. He had been to multiple karting races, championships and had won almost all of them that he entered. Daniel had always had a "I don't give a fuck" attitude, his inner diva always had something to say. However, this didn't change how Daniel cared for people who treated him with the same love and respect as he did to them. Now, as Daniel became older, more chances for him to get into Formula One.
He finally made it into Formula One in 2011, he debuted in Great Britain. He finished P19, obviously not unexpected considering it was his first race in an F1 car.
Daniel was happy with everything that was happening. He had debuted with HRT and he was a test driver for Scuderia Toro Rosso. He finally felt like he was happy, adrenaline coursing through his veins every time he sat in his car. At the end of the 2011 season, he knew where he was heading. He would drive for Toro Rosso in 2012. He had yet to prove himself. A win, a podium? They both looked so uncertain so far. The two seasons he'd spent with Toro Rosso had prepared him for the "Red Bull". Daniel was excited, he knew the main Red Bull driver would be faster, more streamlined and definitely a race winner.
In 2014 Daniel claimed his maiden victory in Canada with Red Bull. He had claimed a podium at the Spanish Grand Prix, but this. This was fucking fantastic. Daniel was ecstatic, hyper and emotional. His first race win ever. One he would certainly never forget.
-
Daniel had raced with Red bull for 2 years now. At the start of the 2016 season he was paired with a new teammate. A familiar name too, Verstappen. Max was different, and very young. Unmistakably, he had a lot to learn. The tremendous amount of pressure, stress and bullying would soon take its toll on the young Dutchman. Daniel had wanted to help, poor Max being swallowed by the empty promises of Christian and Helmut. Yet, the duo became friends, a tricky thing to maintain in Formula One. The weight of rivalry overpowering that force to be friendly. Blow outs with each other; Baku 2018, a final decider in Daniel's contract questions. Max had obviously felt bad for Daniel, he hadn't meant to come in and take over. He told Daniel this, the two became bestfriends, family even. Max always was like a little brother to Daniel. Always would be.
-
Baku 2018 had not ended on a high note like Daniel had hoped. That stupid, arrogant Verstappen always being so entitled to everything. He hated it. He wanted to choke Max. It was his time. His fucking time. And one move from the fucking Dutch, fucked it for him. Daniel was quicker, he knew it. He locked his driver room door once the race was over. He looked at himself in the mirror and screamed. A painful scream, a loud one. Glass shattered, He looked up, the mirror no longer together. He looked at the cracks in the mirror, some of the edges were laced with thick, red blood. He could just make out his face in one corner, tears streaming, rosy cheeks. He looked to his right fist, his knuckles Ferrari red with blood. He gasped, he hadn't meant to do that. He heard a muffled shout of his name, the accent French? Italian? Daniel let out a "In here" as loud as he could. He saw the small frame of a familiar Monegasque. "Mon dieu Daniel, what have you done?" Daniel shivered, he felt cold, a part of him ripped out. He relaxed as he felt Charles move him over to the sink. Charles hoisted Daniel onto the surface and stood between his legs. Charles took out the first aid kit, cleaning Daniel's wound. Daniel winced at the sharp, stinging feeling. Charles could see that all of the glass had come out of Daniel's knuckles. He bandaged Daniel's hand up and placed a kiss on the damaged hand. He look a tissue and wiped the tears off Daniel's cheeks. He smiled softly at the Aussie, "Daniel, please don't do this again. I came looking for you after the race, I heard what happened over the radio. I broke into your driver's room and found you like this. Hearing you scream was horrible. If you need company after a bad race, I am always here." Daniel smiled at Charles, "Thank you Charles. I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't had broken in." Daniel hugged Charles goodbye and off Charles went. Daniel hadn't experienced such care and affection in over 4 years. He was surprised by Charles's reactions. The Monegasque driver took care of him in one of his worst moments and didn't stop to judge him. Daniel wasn't sure why he felt so bewildered by this encounter with Charles. He didn't forget it, but he did store it in his mind.
-
Charles was so confused. Why did he do that? "Because you care", he knew Daniel was in danger. That scream was not friendly, or happy. He panicked, he was worried for his friend. After he broke into Daniel's driver room and helped the Aussie, he beelined for his hotel room. Afraid of the fallout, afraid if someone saw how gentle Charles was with Daniel. The looks they shared. The touches. To the naked eye you couldn't see it, but the two drivers felt it. Charles had been overthinking so much that he had fallen asleep, he didn't know that Daniel Ricciardo was thinking about him too.
-
In Mexico, it all came to blows. Daniel couldn't stand it anymore. He had consistently been finishing P4 or a DNF since Monaco. He was furious, sad, depressed, scared. He trudged into Christian's office. He knew what he was going to say would solidify his decision. But somehow, the Aussie still didn't give two fucks. He waited for Christian to put the phone down before he started. He smiled evilly at Christian before he began. "Christian. These last 6 years with both Red Bull teams has been a life changer. Good and Bad. I mean I don't know where to start. Should I start with the part where Marko threatened to rape me? or where he did actually sexually harass me? Oh wait, how about how both of you inflicted so much mental and physical damage to me that all I have left to show for my time at Red Bull are these!" Daniel progressively raised his voice, while pulling up his sleeves to show deep scars, old and new, as well as his knuckle scars that Charles helped him clean up. "Yeah, disgusting right? These are just the beginning of something much uglier, tragic. You thought it was funny when I couldn't breathe, too afraid of what you and Marko were going to say to me. Does that make you a man Christian? Seeing another man fail? No. It fucking doesn't! You and that Doctor have had no remorse! Taking shots at me like I'm some kind of fucking dart board." Christian opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. "Yeah thats what I fucking thought. You're a pathetic, ignorant, British prick. You and Him. You both bought me down so far into a hole that I couldn't get out of! I struggled for 6 years listening to the abuse, the lies, the empty promises that you both kept saying and making. The bullshit that escaped from your lips Christian, the hurtful words, not only to me, but to Max. Yeah, actually I will bring up Max." Daniel didn't care who could hear him, hell he'd not even care if it made it to live tv. "Max was 17 years old when the two of you decided to take such a sweet sweet kid and turn him into an absolute monster. Underneath that facade Max puts on to make you two happy, is a kind, genuine person. Max has these same scars as me. He came to me at 18 years old, begging me for help. His arms were covered in blood, from multiple razor blade cuts. The impact of how he felt after seeing how you treated me, turned him into a depressed mess with no way out of the hell hole that you put him in! Both your drivers are suffering and you couldn't give a single fuck. I think it's clear where I stand Horner. I am done with your shit contracts. I'm out, Prick." And with that Daniel smiled to himself, proud of himself. He turned around and saw two camera men, Max, Charles and Helmut. He was stunned, Charles had seen and heard everything. Charles smiled at Daniel brightly, proud of him. Max looked at Daniel with tears in his eyes and mouthed, "Thank you". Daniel gestured Max to come to him, Daniel pulled him into a hug and whispered, "I'd rather me than you, Maxy." Max thanked him again and let Daniel leave with Charles.
-
Daniel had gone to get a few things from his drivers room before meeting up with Charles. Daniel had planned to drive them to a really beautiful lagoon in Mexico. He had been there before last year. He stumbled upon it like some kind of treasure. After spending sometime there, thinking about why he was there in the first place. Daniel remembered why he was even in this remote location. "To get away from reality." He hated how he felt at that time. He had completely zoned out and was pulled out of it by Charles. Charles was tapping on Daniel's shoulder like it was a typewriter. Daniel had relaxed into Charles's touch, before dragging the other by his arm and out into the paddock.
-
The pair arrived at the magnificent Lagoon that Daniel had named "Astraea". Charles loved the name, it was ethereal, magical. Daniel stopped the car and got out. He walked round to Charles's side and opened the door for him, a gentle hand reached out to Charles. Charles gladly accepted and was pulled into warm, muscular arms. His face dead staring at Daniel's face. He admired Daniel for a few moments, enjoying the rare moment. Charles cherished moments like these with Daniel. He never knew when he would get them again, so he would remember them all. Each moment making him smile. Daniel grabbed Charles's hand and dragged him closer to the lagoon. Charles's mouth was wide, "Beautiful isn't she?"

 Charles's mouth was wide, "Beautiful isn't she?"

Charles turned to look at Daniel, "Breathtaking". Daniel lead him to a point where they could sit and overlook the beautiful bluey-green water. They sat down, legs hanging of the edge of the rock, thighs nearly touching. Daniel sighed, "Having to do that with Christian today felt amazing, but it also helped me." Daniel paused, "I mean, watching you Charles while I was out of the race because of a DNF. It made me realise how Red Bull was no longer for me. I want a fresh start, a new slate. I was also extremely jealous of you. Getting to race in nearly every race, almost always finishing in the points. I am proud of you too, don't get that wrong. I think you're amazing, incredibly talented and handsome." Daniel paused again, huffing out a breath, "What I am trying to say is that, Charles. Since you broke into my drivers room, I have been so engulfed by you. You were in my thoughts nearly everyday. Whenever things were rough with Red Bull, I'd remember the fun things we've done together. Your smile, so innocent and pure, just like this Lagoon. That's why I named her "Astraea", it means innocent and pure in Greek. In which it reminded me of you. Charles Leclerc, I'm in love with you. Socks and socks and socks in love with you." Charles felt Daniel swipe away the tears that rolled so elegantly down his cheeks. Charles was speechless, the emotions so raw and real. He breathed in, "Daniel. Listening to you shout at Christian earlier made me so proud of you. I knew that you had punched the mirror by accident but you didn't tell me about the others. But that doesn't matter right now because all I care about is you. Watching you put those fucks in their places was so empowering and thrilling. Especially "British prick". Daniel, without you my life would be very difficult. In fact, I too, am socks, socks and socks in love with you Daniel." Daniel smiled, a genuine smile. Not a fake one, although, with Charles his smiles were never fake. He pulled Charles into his lap and whispered, "Ti amo piccola" before pulling the young Monegasque in for a passionate, loving kiss.