Hunter x Sick! Reader

(Y/n)'s POV

At the start of dawn here I am staring at the ceiling with a sick body, my body felt like its burning and my head hurts so much. I tilted my head to check if Luz is still asleep just to make sure she doesn't know im sick.

I really don't want to worry Luz today, so I got up to go and grab some water downstairs, I tried not to make a sound since everyone is still sleeping.

Today I have plans and those plans are not to reveal i am sick, study well in school and succeed on the double dinner date with Luz and Amity.

I headed to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and drink it, 'This made me feel much better, the feeling of itchy throat washed away' I thought as I placed the glass down.

I head out to have some fresh air, the cool breeze brush by my face as I gazed up on the sky. Its still in the middle of dawn but I would like to relax here much more, so I took a chair and sat down as I gazed on my surroundings.

Slowly my eyelids started to feel heavy and I had to fight it because soon or later the sun will rise, but unfortunately I slept without realizing.

Then I felt someone grab me, but I didn't mind much then suddenly I got aggressively shaken "(Y/n)! (Y/nnnn)! Wake up we're gonna be late" the person yells as I slowly open my eyes and It was Luz who's ready to go.

"Come on, lets go!" She exclaimed as she pulled me back inside to get changed, I quickly changed to my school uniform but good thing Luz still hasn't noticed.

I went out rushing with Luz, we go on to (p/n) and flied to school. I held on a grip on it because I might get dizzy, i'll just keep an act up not being sick and just avoid excessive activities.

We both arrived at school as we rushed in before the bell, I sat quickly sat down at my table panting. I can even feel my insides churn so much that it pains me but I had to keep a straight face to survive.

**

All day I did a good job hiding my sickness, I avoided every circumstances of showing any sign of sickness in front of everyone but i'm almost at my limit.

Me and Luz headed back home to prepare ourselves to our double dinner date with partners, I waited for Luz to leave first in our room so I can collapse freely on the floor.

Here I am staring back at the ceiling, my body is burning up so much I feel like i'm a boiling kettle. I slowly got up as I suddenly stumbled to hit the wall "Oh crap" I curse under my breath.

I headed to my closet and wore a long (d/c) dress pairing it with a heel, I only brushed my hair because I couldn't style my hair properly today.

I took a tissue and blew my nose then I got up to head downstairs to see Amity beautifully dressed with a flower ornament on her hair while Luz looked fully suited, "they really suit each other" i murmur.

Then a knock came through the door as Hooty opened it revealing Hunter finely dressed in a suit holding a bouquet, I walked up towards him but my vision is slowly going dark and I feel light headed.

Next thing I know I collapsed, I couldn't feel my body anymore as if its exploded in great exhaustion. I really can't think straight i'm going on woozy and numb all over the place.

I slowly drifted away to sleep thats where realization hit me, our date! I completely ruined our date in my kind of state, but Hunter I completely got his time go into waste.

You're such an idiot (y/n), I want to get up but my body is so heavy. I slowly opened my eyes to see Luz and Amity sitting across me, then Luz noticed I moved and quickly turned to me.

"(Y/n)! You're awake, thank goodness" Luz said feeling relieved.

"What happened to me?" I ask.

"You! You're crazy! How could you hide your sickness for a whole day without telling me!?" She yells and I looked at her surprised.

"Luz, calm down" Amity said as she held her hand then Luz slowly breathes in as she composed herself. I looked at Amity confused but she seemed to handle things quite well with her.

"You collapsed on Hunter and your body temperature was boiling hot, Hunter actually panicked the most that you collapsed on him. He even bought those medicine for you" Luz explains softly looking at me.

'Wow, I must have probably traumatized him by collapsing, I should apologize when he comes back' I thought.

"Where is he now?"

"He went out to buy you some food"

"I'm so sorry Luz and Amity, I ruined your date"

"What? No no no we're okay, our health must come first before date" Amity cooed and I nodded in response, then the door opened to reveal hunter checking a bag with food in it.

"(Y/n)! You're finally awake!" He exclaimed as he quickly went beside me, then I looked at Luz and Amity who was leaving the room.

"Hunter..I-"

"Stop right there..you need to eat first, I bought some food that looks decent for you to eat..and there's also-"

I grabbed his hand as he looked at me in a worried face, "I'm doing fine now, thank you Hunter" I said softly then suddenly a tear fell from his face and my eyes widen from the sight.

"Ah..I-I'm sorry, I was so worried, I-I thought you were dying but good thing Luz was there to tell me you were just sick" he said wiping his tears away.

'I really don't deserve this boy right in front of me' I thought softly smiling at him, I came closer to wipe his tears.

"I'm so sorry Hunter, I just didn't want to ruin our date so I thought if I still hid it we would have a good time together since you were busy" I explained cupping his face.

"But do you really have to hide just to make me enjoy our date? Won't you be feeling in pain if you still hid it? That's just wrong (y/n)" He cried.

"I'm so sorry Hunter"

"Just..don't do that again okay?"

"Okay, I promise"

Then he took out a box of salad and prepared it for me "I bet you have a empty stomach, here i'll feed you" he stated as he took out a fork and got the salad on it.

"I-I can eat it, you don't have to" I said flustered, "No, I insist" he said still lifting the fork in front of me, I sat properly and ate it.

"I heard its good, so I bought one for you" he said as he prepared another, "Aren't you gonna go back yet? Its already late" I said worried then he let off a scoff.

"You don't need to worry, I have my ways" he said as he fed me another bite. I chewed on my food then he bought up his hand and wiped off a sauce off my face.

"Can I eat it myself now?"

"No, I will still feed you even if you complain..this is my duty as your boyfriend" he said rather flustered then I could feel the warmth rush into my cheeks after he said that.

I gave him a playful push as I cover my red face "stop being so cheesy" I joke then he let out a chuckle. Then he smiled at me as he shifted and held me close at his chest.

"Hunter?" I call then I could feel his lips press on my forehead, that just made my face as red as a tomato "I'll make sure to take care of you till you get better" he whispers.