Hunter x Musician! Reader AU

Y/N's POV

it's almost the time for winter to arrive here Gravesfield, no wonder it has been really cold lately. I  only just got transferred here to live with my cousin Luz since my parents are always away and they're worried that they kept leaving me all alone in the house since i'm the only child.

Everyday me and Luz would hang out at the park everyday with Amity, Gus and Willow. We'd do our assignments together, eat together during lunch breaks and play if we had the time, while i'm at my stay here in Gravesfield I joined a music club.

I have always been attracted to playing the violin since my grandmother told me such an inspiring story about her playing violin and because of that when she played, she found grandpa the love of her life.

It is really a moving story between them since then I started playing the violin, well just hoping it could help me find "the one". It was already in the afternoon our adviser encouraged us to do some of our club activity before going home.

So here it led me walking to the music club, along the way I could faintly hear a melody playing. It's really soothing to hear each step you come closer and closer it was as if i'm in a castle attending a ball. 

I finally arrived in front of the music club door and I stared at the door knob rather nervous to turn it open. After a deep breath I finally grabbed it and twisted it open, but the first thing that welcomed me was the blinding light till it turned down.

I first looked at the piano but no one was playing it but the melody was still playing till I looked at my side to see few students, scanning a piano sheet beside a small speaker playing the classical melody I heard.

It's quite disappointing to be honest, till the student finally noticed me and waved at me. Even though with that I waved back till I felt someone suddenly bumped behind me, worried I quickly turned around to see a tall ashe-blonde hair boy looking down at me with his dark-magenta eyes.

"You're in the way" he said coldly and I quickly stepped to the side as he entered in the room.

"I'm actually here to announce behalf of your club president that your club activity will be suspended because your lousy club president got sick, you may go or you may stay it depends on you" he said.

Then the other students whispered and decided to go, then I looked at the violin beside the piano till I felt someone laid their eyes on me. I looked towards the person looking at me and it was the guy. 

"Are you going or not?" he asks, "I-i'll stay, our adviser encouraged us to do our club activity so ill stay" I answer then he hummed as his response.

"When you leave lock the door got it?" he said as he turn to the door and left. Still with that I brushed it off and walked up towards the violin and started with a warm up, adjusting a few strings to satisfy the tone.

A few moments passed till I heard a knock at the door, I turned around to see the boy from earlier again. "You're not going home yet?" he asks holding his bag over his shoulder, "Ah, what time is it?" I whisper as I brought up my wrist to check my watch and it was already 5:20 PM.

'Oh no! I should be home by this time' I thought nervously, "I-I'll go home now" I said scurrying my stuffs into my bag and placing the violin back to its spot.

I quickly rushed home but till then i didn't get to expect that I will be seeing more of him that day, everytime I go there he would be keeping an eye on us. I don't even know what happened to our club president as if he disappeared and leave this guy in charge.

He's quite stubborn and has such a high standard I can even tell. But still at least there's someone guiding us in our club activities, as always a quick walk to from the hall to the music club.

As I opened the door I noticed no one was there, yet.

I dropped my bag on the table and sat down beside the window. Its quite windy that led the thin curtains fly on its own till I noticed someone familiar outside, it was Hunter along with a tall man dressed up so formally. 

To be honest he looks so good I bet he's a high achiever too, then I noticed he seem to try and consoling the man but the man turned away and left him. 'Oh no, what happened?' I thought worried, then I looked back at Hunter looking down.

Just a few moments he started walking away, It would be a option to go check on him but I don't want to be nosy. Not wasting any time I got up and grabbed the violin to start practicing to pass the time.

Suddenly I heard the door open revealing Hunter, he looked at me rather surprised then returned to his usual expression "What are you doing here? Didn't I tell you that there was no activity today?" he said crossing his arms.

"Huh? You did?" I asked confused, "You're not in the group chat?" he asks taking out his phone and started scrolling. 

"It seems you're really not here, what's your contact?" he asks still looking at his phone as I scurried grabbing my phone in my pocket and opened it "Its..(y/n) (l/n)" I answer as I looked at him, then he started typing in for a minute and then a notification sound came out from my phone.

"Thank you for adding me in" I said smiling, "Yeah, not a problem" he said tucking his phone back in his pocket. 'My first school group chat' I thought happily looking at my phone.

"Are you that lonely that you really had to stare for so long?" he asks jokingly.

"Ho about you? Do you have friends yourself?" I ask back sarcastically.

"Y-yeah, I do have a lot" he said scratching his cheek, but the way he said it is kinda funny that I didn't realize I giggled "What's so funny?" he asks straightforwardly looking at me. "Phahah--nothing--pff--sorry--it's just we're kind of in the same boat" I said.

That's when I realized we're starting to have a conversation, he was nice to talk to actually it was like we're so in sync that we always click, it was fun really. We talked for so long that I didn't realize what time it was for us to go home. Before I could end our conversation, I looked at him worried "It's not that i'm being nosy at all but I saw you earlier outside looking defeated after talking to a man that left you on the spot, what happened?".

He looked at me for a moment till he looked away and let out a sigh "That was my uncle...I was told that I should stop this ridiculous club thing that I look after" he answered.

"Why are you looking this club after then?"

"It was only a favor but there is something here that has a deep connection between the instrument and the player...it's just so amazing that I can't just leave it alone".

"I never knew you're so passionate about music, cuz' from the look of it you're more like a studious person than a musician".

"Well people can be full of surprises then" he said chuckling.

Just from him chuckling he can be so mesmerizing when he smiles, its weird when I feel this tingling string inside of me plucking. The sound it makes just soothes my heart, "You look charming when you smile" I blurted out without realization.

"Oh--thank you, no one has complimented me that way before" he said slightly showing a tint of red on his cheeks.

"Would you like to play an instrument with me?".

A/N: hello! Ya about the updates, this would be a slow update cuz I'm at the urge of writing block crisis and this has been on my draft for 2 weeks cuz of lack of imagination--anyways thank you for 17k reads! I really appreciate all of you readers giving your time to read my first fan fiction :>>