Hunter x Mermaid! Reader

A/n: hello! Sorry late update, but this oneshot I will be using they/them, btw this will be a long oneshot so enjoy!

(Y/n)'s POV

I stared at the bubbles floating up in front of me, but there's just something I don't completely understand. The fact they hurt my people in these ocean floors they conquer.

Those damn monsters and witches up in those land never understand that they're monsters themselves as well, then a large shadow slowly covered me from above.

I looked up to see the bottom of the ship sailing, I started to swim up to the nearest boulder I can use to hide myself. I peeked out to see a person in white coat got off the ship to the small boat.

I watched the person row towards the hot degree part of the sea, 'Does this person have a death wish or what?' I thought rather confused.

I swimmed closer to it from the water, I may hate those land people but I also consider them the same with my people as one of the guardians of these ocean floor.

I went up behind his boat and peeked. "I know you're there" the person said and that just sent me shivers down my scales.

The person turned around with a mask on holding a quill and book on hand, "Hmm, a mermaid..interesting" the person said.

"I need you to leave this part of the ocean" I warn to it.

Then suddenly it let out a playful chuckle "Oh! That's some good stuff little mermaid, but I know what I am doing and what i think of your ocean" he said.

"Ugh! Rude" I whine.

"If you may let me do my research" he said with a hand gesture to shoo me away.

"Fine, but I can tell you already slipped the key to your ocean research" I said swimming away.

Hunter's POV

"Key? Hah, as if" I said as I face to my book, which is only a little bit of information. 'I can do this, surely what's not hard to understand about the ocean?' I thought confidently.

T/S

I scratched my head annoyed still thinking about what to put more with this belittle information I got, I have been rowing from here and there but I still got nothing.

I guess I really do need that mermaid after all, I looked around to spot them but I can't seem to find them through this thick surface.

I called it a day thinking that maybe tomorrow I could find them tomorrow.

Another T/S ofc

I came back again to the place I saw the mermaid, "Oh, how I wonder where is that mermaid I met yesterday" I act, looking around.

Still no sign of them, slowly getting impatient I stepped on the edge of my boat and slowly pushed my weight on it to make the boat go down.

Then the boat suddenly got pushed up and I looked down to see the person I've been waiting for "Finally, you came out of your shell" I said smirking.

"Don't you ever do that! It's dangerous!" They said and I let out a scoff as I sat down to look at them at their level.

"About what you said yesterday, I know I could have looked through the books in the library about the sea but I want something more interesting" I said grabbing my book.

"So you really do need my help?" They ask raising a brow, "Yes" I quickly answer "Why are you even doing this?" They ask.

"I like collecting informations that I can use in the future" I reply dipping my quill on the ink. "Is that all?" They ask once again, curious mind i see.