Hunter x Scout! Reader

(Y/n)'s POV

I quietly stood at the training area waiting for my group to be announced so that we can already do our duel with another troupe.

I let out a groan tapping on my arm feeling really impatient about it then i felt a hand grab on my shoulder, I turned to my side to see Steve "Hey, they'll announce us soon don't worry" he assures.

"I just want it to be over..I don't like to hang around here..it stinks" I murmur. Then the doors suddenly opened revealing the Golden Guard.

'What is he doing here..' I thought.

"Today I'll be doing a speciation on your training, I hope you all wont disappoint me" he announced quite in cold but chirpy voice.

"Alright! Scout group 05 versus Scout group 03..step forward to the training ground" the trainer declared then our group stepped on the training ground.

"Goodness Steve, I hope you and your team won't fail in this again~" the group 03 leader teases.

"Of course we won't.." Steve answers back.

I tightly held on the wooden sword as we stood in our fighting stance. "Let's just get this over with" I whisper to myself and took a good deep breath to compose myself.

"Ready..set..fight!"

I quickly charged first without any plan in mind and clashed my wooden sword on someone else's. While I had the scout on guard in my sword I kicked him at the stomach to make them fall back.

Before I could continue to throw a hit someone kicked me at my side that got me lose my balance but before I hit the ground my teammate catched me from behind.

Then gave me a push as I gripped my sword to swing at his sword making him fall over the hard hit on his sword. I suddenly heard the clang of both wooden sword behind me as I turn around to see Steve defending me.

"Keep going!" He yells.

I nodded and I charged my sword behind the other scout but got stopped by another sword. "Aww, sorry to break your spotlight but I won't let you win" Scout Leader 03 rebuked.

Then she pushed my sword away that made me lose balance but I quickly managed to not fall down. I made a hard swift to my side to attack but i still managed to knock her over.

She let out a click of a tongue and attacked me form above but I quickly made a defense to close her attack. 'If I fall down or get both of my knees on the ground I'll lose!' I thought anxiously.

Then I did her dirty by hitting both of her legs so she'll fall over and it worked. Both of my knees barely touched the ground and that's a relief.

A whistle finally blew to announce that the fight is over, I panted as I slowly stood up wiping off my sweat dripping down my chin.

"Scout Group 05 wins!".

Then I looked at my teammates as they cheered and i raised a thumbs up on them letting out a tired chuckle.

"Next Scout group come on forward!".

I walked up to my team as they gave me a high five and a hug for our win. A cough suddenly broke out of no where and we turned around to see the Golden Guard behind us.

"Scout (l/n)..a word" he said.

And I nervously gulped and nodded, he walked first and I followed him from behind. We went out of the training grounds and headed to his office 'Am I in trouble?' I thought nervously.

"Sit down"

"Y-yes sir"

I sat down in front of his table and looked at me "Wonderful performance, but I need to speak to you about something".

He walked up towards me "I have seen you sneak out of the castle about couple of times..are you..really a scout?" He asks but paused for a second and grabbed on my chin "Or a mere spy?" He asks in a cold stern voice.

"What are you talking about sir? I have always dedicated myself to the coven, how could I be a spy?".

"Well if you are so called "dedicated" to the coven, how can I know you're telling the truth?".

"Spies are scared to blow up their cover..so you can take off my mask if you want to confirm..I won't run away".

Then he let out a chuckle "How modest of you.." he said and he pulled off my hood revealing my (h/c) hair and grabbed on my mask next.

He pulled it off revealing my face as my eyes flutter a bit from getting a bit blinded by the light as I looked up at him.

Then he placed my mask on his table and crossed his arms "You're too awfully young to be a scout" he said then I laughed at his comment.

"You're so funny sir"

"Alright, I guess you're not a spy after all..if I caught you sneaking off again I will let you train twice than before as a warning".

"Of course..but sir, I know this would be shameless but if you don't mind I would like to see your face too" I said straightforwardly.

"Why?"

"Because you saw my face and I wish to see yours aswell..to see the face of my great superior in the coven" i smiled.

"Wha--no..no way"

"Aww come on, wouldn't be unfair?"

"Stop teasing me, i'm your superior!"

"Alright alright my apologies, i'll get on my way then sir" I said as I reached for my mask and putted it on. I turned around to face the door but suddenly a hand grabbed on my coat.

"I-In one condition!"

"Hmm?"

"Don't you dare tell anyone..if ever I heard another scout besides you talking about how I look like I will blast you to bits"

"Why of course!"

"Really?"

"I pledge to not tell anyone" I said happily.

Then he let out a sigh and pulled down his hood revealing his ash blonde hair then took off his mask.

My eyes widen in surprise to see his face, he looked up to look at me with his dark magenta eyes. I looked at him as if I quickly got charmed that I stared at him for a second.

"Happy now?"

"I never thought my superior would be this young as me and rather charming as well"

"Oh stop that! I-it's embarrassing!"

I laughed at his bashful action that he also started to laugh along with me.

Steve's POV

It has been a week as I keep seeing (y/n) and the Golden Guard together, my elder brotherly senses are tingling. I obviously don't like this.

"They look perfect together"

"Yeah, ooh young love"

"Stop it! I don't like this at all!" I yell.

"Someone's cranky"

"Cranky Steve"

"Oh shut it..but if he dares break (y/n)'s heart i'll beat the absolute shit out of him".

A/n: thank you guys so much for 4.2k reads! I never had my stories reach to this so i'm very happy! So thank you very much and have a great day!