Hunter x Deaf! Reader

(Y/n)'s POV

Today is a snowy season here in the Demon Realm, I went out to the forest to first to prepare our picnic. I looked around admiring the snowy trees and all the other covered rocks and plants. Then I saw a wide space in between the trees.

'That's a great space to wait for Luz, Eda and King for our picnic' I thought happily. I rolled out the blanket and laid it there flattening the surface, 'I'm really excited for this first snow picnic' I thought excitedly.

I sat down and laid my back on the large boulder behind me, 'This is kind of weird for a set of picnic, it's really cold but good thing Luz already made us a heating pad to warm us up'.

I rested my head looking up at the sky, looking at the snowflakes falling down on me 'Actually the reason why we're having a picnic now is because of King, he requested that we will have a picnic but we didn't expect to snow today'.

I let out a soft chuckle while thinking of it, suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder that made me let out a shriek, I quickly moved away. I looked up to see the Golden Guard? Aka Hunter.

He looked at me rather confused by my sudden action he probably had thought I heard him. I slowly composed myself and signed him "When did you get here?".

"What are you doing with your hands?" He asks as I read his lips, 'Oh..he doesn't know how to do sign language' I thought before I could say something.

He looked behind me so I looked that way as well, revealing Luz, Eda and King walking towards us. "Oi, what's the Golden Brat doing here?" Eda asks Luz.

"I actually invited him here, soon will Amity, Willow and Gus will arrive" Luz announced, "So that's why you packed so many" King pointed out as he placed the basket.

"Hey, why can't this human here talk?" He asks pointing at me.

"Ah, you probably didn't know..(y/n) is a deaf" Luz explains as she took out the stuffs in her basket.

"Deaf?" He repeats.

"It means she can't hear" Eda responded.

Then he looked at me with sudden pity eyes, I know what he's thinking by that...it must be a shame that you couldn't hear a single sound.

I took out my small pad book and flipped to the page written "I can read your lips, i'll be fine that way" and gave it to him. Then he took it and read it.

"Hmm, that's interesting"

I smiled at him as he handed my pad book back to me, then I looked at my side to see Amity, Gus and Willow walk towards us. Amity signed "Hello" to me and I signed it back to her.

Then Gus and Willow waved at me as they all sat down across me. "Let's eat! We packed a lot for all of us" Luz announced as she passed us sandwiches.

When I had mine, I was ready to take a bite but I felt a tap on my shoulder again so I looked at the side where I was tapped. I faced towards Hunter "Actually, the thing you did earlier what was that called?".

I placed my sandwich down and flipped my pad to the page written "sign language" and gave it to him.

"Sign language, huh" he murmur.

"I-If you want to learn it from Luz, Amity or me" I said in a deep voice.

Then he looked at me surprised that I could talk, "Y-you can talk?"
I let out a chuckle as I nodded.

At the whole picnic, we enjoyed ourselves the snack we prepared. Afterwards they all played in the snow while me and Hunter still sat here watching them.

I noticed that he was writing something on my pad then later on passed to me. I looked at the pad written "I'm actually interested learning sign language, will you teach me?".

I looked at him and I nodded, we started off from letters till he gets used to it. From that start of lesson, Hunter kept coming over to be taught sign language by me.

I really felt comfortable in his presence, pretty much slowly as I teach him I get to know much more about him. How has he been, all the troubles he managed to overcome on his own.

Today he'll practice talking with me with the sign language he learned to test if he could really understand and know the language I speak at the picnic spot we picked at the first day of snow.

"Hello" I signed.

"Goodmorning (y/n), how are you?" He signed back.

I looked at him rather surprised attacking me already but his hands are kind of fast for me to read, "I'm fine, how are you?" I signed back.

"I'm fine as well.."

Then he lowered his hands down and averted his eyes away, I looked at him rather worried. "Is there something wrong?" I ask in a raspy voice.

"I've..really enjoyed your presence and comfort at the start when I decided to be taught by you...and you're probably wondering why I did that".

"So..why did you do that?" I signed.

"I wanted to understand you more in your kind of way" he confessed seeing a tint of red on his cheeks.

I stared at him rather surprised as I could feel my face turn red as well, I'm really flattered that he did that for me. Then I let my mouth carve to a smile as I softly looked at his tinted face.

"Q-quit smiling at me like that! I musn't mess up my sentences when you look at me like that" he said covering his red face.

I laughed at his flustered action then he started to laugh along with me. It was still a snowy day, letting the snowflakes fall above us. Even with the cold temperature we'd let ourselves get warm with each other's presence.

Then i felt a pat on my head, I looked at him patting the snow off my head then he noticed that I was looking at him that he got red immediately.

"How cute" I mouthed.

Then he gave me a playful pinch on the cheek "stop teasing me" the ash blonde boy teases. I lifted both of my hands to let his hand cup my face.

"You have such cold hands" I murmur.

"(Y/n).."

"Yes?"

"Will you---will you go out with me?"

I looked at him surprised once again with the remarks he says in that mouth of his, I softly smiled at him "yes, I will Hunter".

Confessing in such area and a snowy day just takes us back to where we first get to know each other much more, is the best place I would rather be with him.