Chapter One

Lucy's POV:

        I stand in front of my mirror knowing that today will be the day, today I am going to make it so that none of the people I care about can get hurt from me. I know that all the secrets that I carry are for the greater good, and yet I don't feel as though they are anymore. I have found that these secrets have become nothing more than a burden, but I know that I must still keep them. If Natsu ever found out, if he ever knew the things that I know... I don't even know what would happen. I have to keep everything a secret, and I don't know that I can continue doing it, I don't know that I can remain strong in front of my guildmates while I keep so many things from them.

        I walk towards the guild after I get dressed in a white shirt and navy blue skirt. I grab my keys and brown whip as I head out the door knowing that I must make it look as though nothing has changed. I plaster I smile on my face even though I know that from here on out I am going to be so very sad. I don't know what I will do when I am done, when I have finally quite. I know that I am going to break their hearts and mine along with theirs, but it's for the greater good, it HAS to be done.

        When I reach the guild I walk over to the counter in front of Mira and order a strawberry Smoothie, my last Strawberry smoothie with me as a member of Natsu's team. I find that I am one of the only people in here right now and this would have been surprising except I wasn't slowed down by Natsu today. I normally wake up with him next to me and Happy laying on my pillow, but today neither of them were there. I found it as the perfect opprotunity to finally stop this once and for all. I have known for weeks that I need to quit, but I can never do it when I wake up to his beautiful face.

        As I am finishing my smoothie the guild doors open to reveal the back of a salmon color head, and I blue exceed flying beside him. I get up to walk towards him and as soon as he turns around and sees me a wide grin spreads across his face. "There you are! I couldn't find you at your appartment!" He exclaims coming over and putting his arm around me.

        "What do you mean where was I? I got up at the time I always do and seeing as how you weren't there this morning I decided to just eat here." I answer.

        "You eat here?" He asks in surprise.

        "Yes Natsu I eat here and as I recall so do you nearly every day." I grumble.

        "What's got you in such a bad mood?" He asks in surprise.

        "Natsu I need to tell you something." I mutter to him.

        "What is it?" He asks with his serious face. I almost giggle at how cute he looks at that moment, but then I instantly snap out of it.

        "I've been thinking... We Having gone on a mission in forever and my rent is due soon, can we go on a mission?" I ask quickly. STUPID!! I can't believe that I couldn't say it to him, I mean sure I care about him but I shouldn't have said that I have to end our friendship and make it easier on me by just getting it over with!

        "Sure! Let's go pick one now!" He exclaims going over to the board, waving at Lissana as we walk over their. I wave as well and she gives me a big smile. (Yes guys, She is not evil in this one!) "How about this one?" He asks grabbing a poster and handing it to me.

                                        Help! Our town is being attacked by a forest giant

                                        Reward: 900,000 Jewels

        "It looks good to me, and we might be able to buy you food while we're at it!" I exclaim. We go over to Mira so she can put it in the log, and then we run out of the guild as fast as we can.

*The Following Night*

        We walk back into the guild with the jewels in hand, I will be able to pay the 'rent'. I decided to buy him dinner at a restaurant and boy was that a mistake, thankfully we were in the town that we saved so all the damage him and Happy did didn't cost us anything. I go back to my appartment and decide that I will just go to sleep, since it's already dark and I am going to try again tomorrow, I am going to finally quit the team and then the guild.

        I sit on the couch reading for a little bit, after I get ready for bed and realize that I won't be able to get to sleep. I can't help but wonder how it is that I will tell him that I am leaving the team, and actually leave this time. When I finally do decide that I should be getting to bed soon I pull back the covers to find Natsu laying there, half asleep. "Scoot over." I murmur into his ear and then he goes farther onto the bed. I lay next to him and then slowly I fall to sleep, letting my worries drift away.