Chapter Twenty One

Lucy's POV:

Today I am showing Natsu all of the flames that I keep stored in one of my storage rooms, I thought that he might like to try a few. As soon as we walk in there he runs towards one of the walls and picks up the first round container that he sees. "How do I open it?" He asks glancing down at the item in question.

"You don't." I reply laughing lightly. "You eat the whole thing, the ball is quite edible trust me." I reply. He quickly puts it in his mouth and looks surprised.

"What type of a flame is that? I don't think that I have ever tasted one like that." He murmurs to me, looking completely confused.

"That's a Parellizing flame, please do be careful, it may not be affecting you, but it won't be out of your system for a while and I would rather not have to take the flame away by force." I sigh, as he reaches for another flame, and sighing I sit down on a couch that stands on one of the side walls, watching him with amusement. Every time he tries a new flame his excitement grows and he takes another one almost as soon as he has finished the one before it. Eventually he comes to sit next to me, seeming to have decided that he has tried enough fire for one day. It has been over two weeks since he came to the realm, and he hasn't had a dull moment, as long as I was occupying him that is.

"You must have had a nice time growing up here." He murmurs, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I did. Actually I was raised in Igneel's castle." I reply truthfully.

"Igneel has a castle??" He asks staring at me in disbelief. "I thought that he lived in the cave that we visited while we were bugging him." He adds.

"He does live there, he doesn't really like living in a castle and tends to be in the caves more than he is there, the only reason that he would come to the castle when I was younger was to come and check on me. He rarely stayed in there for more than a few minutes, do you want to see it?" I ask as I see a smile spreading across his face.

"You know I do." He grins standing up.

A few hours later we return to the castle, having shown Natsu around the place. The sun is now most of the way out of the sky, the last few streaks of light remaining. I have now reached a decision that I know will be a good one, even if it does hurt him. "Let's go back to Earth Land for a while." I say as we walk around the gardens, heading back towards the castle.

"Why are we going back??" He asks looking confused.

"Because you, being the dense idiot that you are have forgotten about your best friend." I reply.

"Hey, I'm not dense!! Besides, my best friend is standing right in front of me." He replies wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me in for a kiss.

"I'm not talking about me, and just the fact that you thought it was me makes you an even bigger idiot!" I exclaim. He looks completely confused, and it trying to figure out who it is that I am talking about, only looking more confused as he starts to use his brain. "I'm talking about Happy, you know your best friend that is still in Earth Land." I add with a light laugh.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe that I forgot about him, I really am a terrible friend!" He exclaims.

"It's alright, I'm sure that he's fine, I thought that we should just return for a while." I reply.

"You'll stay?" He asks.

"Oh course." I lie easily, even though it hurts me on the inside when I do. I hate to lie when I have to, and I hate it even more when I have to lie to the ones that I love. With his arms still around me I teleport both of us to the woods outside the guild. We walk towards it hand in hand, and as soon as we walk in I sense a sorrowful mood coming from everyone. As soon as we open the doors everyone gets silent, and then starts cheering. I hear people talking about how they were worried about us, and about how glad they are that we are back. I head over to the table that our friends sit at, and see Levy and Gajeel sitting next to each other.

They look up at our approach and as soon as Levy sees me she rushes towards me, pulling me into a tight hug. "Lu-chan!! I've missed you so much!! We didn't know what to think when both of you were gone for so long!!" She exclaims continuing to hug me.

"Ca-n't Bre-athe..." I gasp out. She quickly releases me, an apologetic look crossing her face, and she opens her mouth to apologize. "Don't apologize, I know that you meant no harm, I'm fine. You just caught me off guard is all." I add quickly. She quickly accept that and a grin spreads across her face.

"Oh my gosh, I loved your book!! You made it so exciting, some of the things that you wrote about were so sad that I didn't think you would ever be able to write anything like that, the way the characters have such tragic pasts. It was wonderful with all of the mystery and excitement in it, thank you!!" She exclaims pulling me into another tight hug. I smile at her happy that she enjoyed the story.

"Thank you, it means so much!" I exclaim happily pulling her into a hug. "I'm truly sorry, but I'm afraid that I must go." I add smiling gently at her. She nods and I start walking up the stairs already knowing that the master is up here. I gently knock on the door before walking in, and see that he is quickly covering a Sorcerer Weekly Magizine that I have no doubt he was just reading. "Sir, I am going to be leaving the guild for a few while." I state as I come to sit in front of him.

"Your not leaving are you?" He asks looking concerned.

"No, of course not, there are just some personal matters that I must attend to. I do hope that you don't mind my leaving, I will be back soon." I reply with a smile.

"Why are you leaving?" He asks.

"Because of the reason that I left in the first place, which I will share with you as soon as I get back. I now know that I should not have left the guild because of the matter, but I do need to take care of it for a while, I do hope that you will understand." I reply.

"And I trust that there isn't anyone here that you wish to know anything about your leaving... again?" He asks.

"No, if you could keep it quiet for a while it would be greatly appreciated." I reply and he nods his head. "I will be going now." I add before using my magic and teleporting back to the realm, with a heavy heart knowing that I have lied to Natsu.