Chapter Nineteen

Lucy's POV:

Natsu and I spend the next few days together, spending as much time with each other as possible and making up for the time that we spent apart. We get as close as we were in the time before I left... well almost as close as we were before. I still can't help but wonder if it is okay for all of this to happen, if it is okay for us to have what we once had when I keep so much from him each and every day. I don't think that I should be allowed to be loved so much by someone when I kept so much from them, but I suppose that for once I can allow myself to let ago a bit, to forget all that it is that I must keep hidden.

I smile as I lean back against the pillows and watch as Natsu slips into bed next to me. I lean over to the side of the bed the he has now come to lay on and go to plant a light kiss upon his lips. As I do this he leans forward as well and the kiss deepens, to the point where I am gasping for breathe. We continue kissing each other, and I allow myself to be sucked into the pleasant bliss that I have missed so dearly.

I wake up the next morning to find myself curled up against Natsu, my head laying on his chest and his arms wrapped around me. I slip out of his arms knowing that I have slept in far longer than I wanted to and pad into the bathroom, my bare feet making contact with the cold marble floor. When I come back into the bedroom, fully dressed and ready to start the day I see that Natsu is still asleep. "Natsu..." I whisper in his ear. He moves slightly when I say his name, and turns over in his sleep. "Natsu." I say louder hoping that he will wake up. "Natsu!" I yell and he leaps to his feet, staring at me in surprise.

"Oi! Luce!! Why are you being so loud this morning?? I was trying to sleep in!!" He complains rubbing his ears where I know that it probably hurts from my being so loud just a moment ago. I laugh and glance at how he is clothed, or should I say how his is NOT clothed at all.

"Natsu, you know I really do like that look, but I don't know if everyone else will enjoy it." I smile as he heads towards the door. He glances down and seems to notice for the first time that he isn't wearing anything and quickly heads back over to the bed, to the drawer that I put some clothes identical to the ones he wears each day in there. We start heading down the stairs, me concealing the scent of myself on him and vic verca. We get down to breakfast to see that everyone is in there, and before I can even sit down Igneel stands up and nods his head in the direction of the door. Understanding his meaning I murmur quietly to Natsu telling him that his father needs to speak with me and follow him out.

"How have you been?" He asks.

"Fine, Why do you ask?" I ask hoping that nothing is wrong.

"You haven't been having any more nightmares, have you?" He asks concerned. Oh, so this is what all of this is about, it would make sense that he would be asking since I haven't mentioned them to him for a while, he could just think that they have gone away in the time that I have been in Fairy Tail.

"Oh course I have been having nightmares, you and I both know that they won't go away easily if they ever do." I reply, tears starting to fall down my cheeks. He comes closer to me and pulls me into a hug, knowing that this is one of the only things that can help when it comes to my nightmares, to the things that scare me so very much. After a few minutes I pull away, the tears have stopped flowing and I wipe them from my eyes.

"Are you going to be okay?" He asks glancing at me in concern.

"Yeah, you know that I can handle anything." I grin.

"I guess that's true." He laughs. "Even as I child you weren't the type of person that could be broken easily, that would let things get to them." He adds.

"That's because of what you told me, don't you remember?" I ask.

"I couldn't forget that easily, I've never met such a stubborn and determined child." He adds.

"Alright, I know that you want to make sure that I am okay, and I am, I'm just going to go now, okay?" I ask walking away not waiting for an answer.

*Flashback*

Igneel's POV:

 "I will train you, but there are going to be some rules that you have to follow, some rules that if you break then you are going back home without another word and you will never return to this realm again, do you understand?" I ask looking down at the three year old that stands in front of me. I will train her even if she doesn't follow the 'rules' I am setting, I just want to have some fun with it first. She nods her head in understanding and I continue. "You are forbidden from crying, whining, complaining in any way, or asking any questions about what I tell you to do. You will do as I say the first time and not complain even when you are tired. You will train with the other dragons while I am away with the other child that I am training, and even though you will train less with my I want you to be just as far with me as you are with them." He state, knowing that there is no way for her to follow all these rules.

 "Yes sir." She replies with her hands behind her back. I don't start training her now, I have to get back to Natsu.

 "You will start training with me in a few weeks when I return, for now make yourself comfortable in my castle, you won't be starting training with the others until after I have started with you." I call to her as I start teleporting back to Earthland.

  I return to the realm to weeks later and start my training with her, by the time I return she seems to have gotten used to the heat around her, and start giving her tasks that will test her physical indurance. Hours later I have her stop, she didn't complain once even when I knew she was getting tired, and now I give her a very difficult task. I told her to do a Fire Dragon's Roar, only telling her the words to say. Getting ready for her to fail I am completely surprised when with all the courage and determination that she can muster she uses the magic. I try to keep the surprise off my face, now I know that she has to be trained even if I will be breaking some rules by doing it.

*End of Flashback*