Chapter Four

Lucy's POV:

        The following morning I wake up to find that my bed is cold. I look over and where Natsu normally sleeps there is no one. It takes me a minute to remember what happened, how I had finally quit. I get up as quickly as possible and go to start making breakfast. When I have finished I decide that I will finish the book today so that Levy can have it. I walk over to the couch putting my food on the table in front of me and go to get my paper. When I get back I notice a blanket with blue furr sticking out of it. I lift it to find that Happy is laying there asleep. I head back into the kitchen and pull a fish out of the fridge. I put it on a plate and carry it with me into the living room. I set it in front of him since I can't let him go without eating, can I. "Happy... There's fish..." I whisper in his ear. He immediately leaps up his wings outstretched and sees the plate in front of him.

                "Why are we eating out here??" He asks rubbing his eyes. He reaches for the plate and then seems to realize I already have my food and there isn't any for Natsu. "Where's Natsu?" He asks in surprise not touching the fish. I love that he cares so much for Natsu, I wonder why Happy is here, surely he would have been told about my leaving the team.

        "To answer your first question, I am eating out here because I wanted to work on my book. As for your other question I do not know why you are even here, I don't know where Natsu is since he wasn't here when I woke up. I'm shocked that you are here without him." I answer taking a sip of the juice in front of me.

        "He promised..." Happy trails of sadly.

        "What do you mean he promised?" I ask in surprise.

        "He said that we would start having breakfast here from now on since you always remember to give me fish, and treat me like a person rather than a pet. Anywhere else other than the guild of course they might have me eat on the floor, but not you." He replies smiling sadly.

        "Oh Happy... I'm so sorry." I apologize hugging him.

        "What are you sorry about?" He asks in surprise.

        "You will know soon enough." I answer. " Lets just eat our breakfast and walk down to the guild." I add taking a bite out of my bagel.

        "Aye!" He answers bitting into his fish. When we have finished I change into a long-sleeve gray shirt, and black leggings. We head towards the guild together, but when we reach the doors I tell him to go in ahead of me. Happy doesn't know that I quit the team and I don't want to be the one to break the news to him. He looks back at me one last time and then goes in to find Natsu, I told him that I just wanted to walk around for a little bit and he believed me. A few minutes after he walks in I enter and go towards Mira. I look around and see that all of team Natsu other than Natsu are walking towards me. I see that Natsu is sulking in the corner, I guess he just broke the news to them and they are upset. I speed up my pace not wanting to have to lie to them.

        "Is master here?" I ask as I reach her.

        "Up in his office." She replies. I walk up the stairs and knock on his office door. When I hear him say come in I walk in and close the door behind me.

Master's POV:

        When Lucy walks in I look up from my paperwork and see that she is smiling at me. I smile back and indicate for her to sit down in front of me. "What can I do for you my child?" I ask as she takes her seat.

        "I would like to leave the guild." She answers that smile never leaving her face. I stare at her in shock, why would one of my children wish to leave?? Why would they say it so calmly with a smile upon their face???

        "Are you sure??" I ask.

        "Yes. I wish to leave." She replies firmly, I see from the look on her face that there is no way to change her mind.

        "As you wish, will you come back??" I ask.

        "It is highly unlikely that I will rejoin the guild, but I know for sure that I will come and visit." She answers truthfully.

        "Give me your hand..." I sigh in defeat. When she gives it to me I wave my hand over it and it begins to glow. Within moments her guidmark is gone and she walks out the door with a smile still on her face.

Lucy's POV:

        I walk towards the doors to the guild and I turn to wave at them and then walk out, knowing full well that this is for their own pretection no matter how much it hurts. I reach my apartment to find that I have a lot of packing to do. I start to work on it and then I realize there is someone leaning against the wall. "Loki! How many times have I told you to tell me when you do that??" I growl playfully.'        

        I'm sorry, It would seem that i had forgotten." He replies grinning. He walks towards me and gives me a tight hug. "Anything I can do for you?" He  asks.

        "Store these things in the celestial world and then come back?" I ask hopefully.

        "Of course." He replies and within moments everything is gone other than a table with letters on it. He must have known what they were, knew that I was going to be leaving them for my friends.

        I call him with my mind as soon as Loki is gone, knowing I need him right now for mor than just commands. Within moments a red dragon, with blood red eyes appears before me. He roars in pain as he has to crouch down. He looks around for a minute and then sees that I am standing in front of him with a smirk on my face.

        "Oi!! Flame for brains!!! How many times have I told you not to be so loud??!! There are Dragon Slayers in the area looking for dragons, and one of them is your son!!" I yell. "He turns into his human form and a man with spikey red hair, and dark red eyes stands before me.

        "It wouldn't be so bad if you told me to come in human form!!" He growls angrily.

        "I've missied you.... Igneel..." I murmur as I hug him.