Chapter 30

Natsu's POV:

As soon as we have gotten to the castle, I look around hoping to see Igneel, but see that we are in the palace entryway. From the time that I was here I found that Igneel only comes to the palace when he is looking for someone, or when someone has asked him to come. I turn to look over at Lucy, this being the first good look I have gotten at her, and see that she is in no mood to talk. "Where is your father?" She asks calmly glaring at Gajeel.

"I don't know where he is! He said that he was coming back here!" He responds quickly, and for the first time I notice something in his eyes that I have never seen him have before; fear.

"He can't come back here. He doesn't have it in his power, and from the look on your face earlier you know exactly where it is that he went, it would not do you any good to keep this from me." She responds, by now she has let go of his ear, and he lay on the floor looking up at her. "I know your father well, and even without meaning to he could be putting peoples lives in danger, now tell me where he is before I put your life on the line as well." She says, still maintaining the deadly calm that is sending shivers down my back.

"A neighboring kingdom. I think he said it was the kingdom of Arielia." He replies, his fear still evident, as she turns away from him, look around at us, after a moment her eyes land on Jellal who is still wearing a cloak.

"I need to go... have a conversation with Metalicanna, you guys are welcome to look around as much as you want." She smiles. "Jellal, I need you to come with me." She adds.

"What! Why?" He asks looking alarmed.

"Because I said so, and your the reason I was back at the guild so soon in the first place." She answers. I feel confused by this, what could she mean by that, and why would she have been with Jellal in the first place? I start feeling angry that she is spending time with other people in the guild, when she left saying that we wouldn't work out. Jellal then nods, at first he had looked like he was going to argue, but a few moments later he comes to stand next to her, the hood of his cloak down. Lucy, turns around, and has started walking down the hall when she turns around and looks right at me for the first time since we got here. "Oh yeah." She says before walking back towards me. I feel my hope starting to get up, maybe she will take back what she said and say we can get back together. "I almost forgot I was holding him, If you want you can take him to see Saphira, I know she will want to meet him." She says handing me the sleeping blue exceed in her arms.

"Wh-where is she?" I ask softly.

"Up in my room. I do hope that you remember how to get there." She replies. I nod my head at her, and then she turns away from me, to walk down the hall towards the main doors.

"Something you want to tell us?" Erza asks looking amused.

"No ma'am." I say quickly before heading up the stairs, feeling her gaze on me as I walk

Lucy's POV:

I don't wait for Jellal, already knowing that he is following me, and walk quickly down the hall. It was enough to be around Natsu as long as I have had to today, and that I am going to be spending more time with him, but now I have to go deal with Metalicanna on top of that. I love him more than anyone, and I'm afraid that if I spend enough time with Natsu, that things will go back to how they were, and they can't be that way.

I walk over to one of the fairies that line the walls, informing her that I wish to speak with Zeref when I get back, before we leave. When we have gotten to the heavily forested area that I have taken us to, Jellal immediately turns towards me, already knowing where we are. "Why are we here?! Why would you have taken me here?!" He nearly shouts looking unfuriated.

"We have to go and inform the council that we're coming tomorrow, since Master told them that we would be coming in today and I know that's not going to be happening." I answer calmly, before walking towards the building that we have come to stand in front of. I walk inside, and one of the members of this branch of the council comes towards me. 

"You must be here about the request that we sent out." He says with a polite smile. "Please, follow me." He adds after a moment, and I nod. He then leads us down several hallways, and up a few flights of stairs before we come to stand in front of a door. He then steps out of the way, and I walk in with Jellal right behind me.

"Hello Lehar." I say with a smile as I walk in.

"Miss. Heartfilia, it is so nice to see you again. Are you here about the request I sent to your guild master?" He asks.

"I am, and I am sorry to inform you that we will not be able to be here until tomorrow, for I have other matters to attend to." I say with a small smile. "I do hope that you can understand, other things are just more important right now." I add. He nods in understanding, and waves his hand to show that I can leave. "Was that so bad?" I whisper to Jellal as we are leaving.

"I guess not." He replies truthfully. "Why did you need me to come with you?" He asks after a long pause.

"Oh, haven't you figured it out yet?" I ask looking over at him in surprise. "I want to show you the reasons that you listen to what I tell you to do, and why you never break a rule when I establish one." I reply. Within a few more minutes we are back outside, and then I teleport us to the kingdom that I hope Metalicanna hasn't destroyed.