Chapter Six

Natsu's POV:

I sit down right there and then, next to the table after picking it up. I stare at the letter clutched in my hand. Soon I hear Wendy's soft footsteps heading back out the door. I know that they all followed me to this room. They must know that I found something, but they haven't sayed anything to me about it. After I have been sitting there for over ten minutes I hear Wendy's footsteps heading back towards us along with Erza's and that Ice Princess'. She must have gone to get them when she saw me sitting in here, great! I needed people worrying about me over a simple letter that I haven't even read. I finally loosen my grip on it knowing that I have to at least look as though I'm okay.

Natsu,

I know that at this point it's most likely that you hate me for what I said to you, about the fact that I called you childish. I am not trying to tell you that I did not mean any of the things I said, and I don't want you to forgive me for the things you said. I want to apologize for leaving so suddenly, for hurting you as I know I did. I know that I struck a nerve when I started telling you all of those things and I'm sorry for that.

You are my best friend... And maybe even something more than that, so I had to protect you from the pain that I would bring. DO NOT forgive me for any of the things that I said to you, DO NOT blame yourself for me leaving the team I know that you will try, but I just had to leave. All the things that I said to you have to be true, I don't care if you try to make up for what you said I am actually glad you said them to me. I had to leave for everyone, so I told you things that I knew would make you want to hate me. I wanted to make it easier on me, so I struck you where it hurt and I am so very sorry. I HATE YOU NATSU DRAGNEEL!! I hate you because if I don't then I know that I will not be able to through with this. I know that you will do anything to protect the ones you care about... so for all those that I have left behind, for all the ones that I know I can never see again Hate me. I'm going to break my rule just this once, since I know that this is the last time I willl say it to you.

I love you,

Lucy

P.S On the table under the letters is the book that I was writing, can you please give it to Levy??

I look over the letter several times just to make sure that I understood it correctly. She says that she won't take back any of the things that she said, and that I should hate her. She knew that I would blame myself even before she had done it and then she tells me to hate her for everyone else, to protect them??? I can't believe her, and then she says that I am her beast friend and that she loves me!!! What type of person would put all of that down on a letter!!!! Who would plan out for me to hate them?!?!

I look up to see that everyone is looking at me in concern. "What's that??" Erza asks looking at the letter in my hand.

"A letter from Lucy." I murmur. I realize that I have been crying while I read it and rub my tears away with the back of my hand. I haven't cried since the day that Igneel left me, I didn't think I was capable of crying after that day.

"Can I see it?" She asks gently holding out her hand. She is letting her kind side out, just for me. I'm not sure that she knows what to do with me while I am crying. I nod my head and pass it to her with more tears leaking out. I look back up at her as she gasps while reading it, she also has tears coming out of her eyes and this isn't even a letter of hers. "Oh Natsu." She sighs coming to sit on the ground next to me.

"Why would she write it all in a letter!!! Why couldn't she just tell it to me herself??" I ask.

"It was the only way that she could have left you. I don't know why it is that she left us, and I don't know why she wants you to hate her when from her words you can tell that she loves you, but she has to have a good reason. Let's go." She says standing up and holding out her hand to help me up. " Someone carry these." She adds nodding towards the letters and book on the table.

Lucy's POV:

After I get to the spirit realm go to visit with my spirits, it's been so long since I've seen most of them. Loki follows me everywhere I go, and I am greatful for the comfort of a friend with me. By the time that Igneel shows up in the realm I have already been there for five days. I don't blame him for staying away for so long since a week in this realm is like two days in our world. I still haven't been to see Aquarius yet, since all of my other spirits have wanted hours at a time with me.

"Flame for brains!!!" I call when I see Igneel standing in a hall of the palace that I stand in.

"And that's my cue to leave..." Loki murmurs under his breathe before walking towards the stairs that lead to his room.

"See you later!!" I call after him.

"Who are you calling flame for brains?? If I'm flame for brains then your a metal head!!" He shouts at me before running towards me and pulling me into a big hug.

"Metal Head??" I laugh.

"Well you are one. Only a person as stubborn as you could be a metal head." He laughs.

"What took you so long!!" I demand letting go and crossing my arms over my chest, a dark aura coming off of me.

"They wanted more details!!! It's not my fault it took so long they all wanted something!!" He exclaims.

"You fell asleep, didn't you?" I ask. He nods his face in shame and I burst into laughter. He starts laughing with me, and within moments we are clutching each other. "Want to go do something fun?" I ask.

"Like you even need to ask." He replies once he has calmed enough. I take his arm and drag him in the direction of the wing of this palace that belongs to Aquarius. "Where are we going?" He asks.

"To speak with Aquarius and practice my magic." I answer. "Now hush. We don't want anyone to follow us in case they see what I am doing." I add pulling him more quickly. "Hello Aquarius." I announce as we reach a lake that makes up a large portion of her wing.

Loki's POV:

I don't actually go upstairs, I mean I start going up the stairs, but then I hear Igneel call Lucy a metal head. I've never heard anyone call her anything without getting in trouble. I'm even more shocked when I reach the bottom of the stairs and they are standing there laughing loudly. She whispers something in his ear and the next thing I know they are walking towards Aquarius' Wing.

I follow them, but not quickly enough when I get there I see that Lucy has some of her magic in her hand, fire magic and it sounds as though she is threatening Aquarius. "Please!! Don't!! You know that I need this lake!! Why are you doing this??" I hear Aquarius plead.

"You know why. All those years that I had to pretend that I was weak and you used that as a tool to treat me terribly!! You knew all along who I was, but because I couldn't tell anyone you decided to treat me terribly!!" She screeches. I head towards her and go to grab her as I see that she is about to release her magic. When I do I fall to the ground and see that the image before me is fading away and everyone in the room is standing laughing at me.

"I didn't know that I could make one that good, that would fool even you!!" I hear Lucy laugh as she comes towards me. Aquarius is in the water, on the other side of the lake from where I thought she was laughing her but off. "I knew you were following us, so I thought I should try out some of my magic." She adds calming.

"Well it definitely was realistic." I laugh along with them.