Chapter 22

Lucy's POV:

It has been two weeks since I left the guild and for the first week I kept on growing more and more powerful. I spent a lot of time training, and using my powers to their full extent. After it reached it's peak my powers started to decline in strength. I started growing weaker and nobody even noticed, that is until I was training while Igneel was in the room and I actually fainted. He then realized that I had been getting weaker and after that he hasn't left my side unless he knew that I would be with other people. He's even started staying in one of the guest bedrooms near my room.

I walk down the hall with Igneel next to me, as I head towards my library. "I need to tell you something, you need to know the reason that you are getting weaker." Igneel says putting his hand around my wrist.

"I already know." I answer. turning towards him.

"You do?" He asks in surprise. "I'm not even entirely sure if it is what I think it is." He adds.

"Yes, but you think that I am becoming like Acnologia, right?? You and I both know that is exactly what is happening, so we shouldn't pretend that it is something that is isn't." I snap. I hate it when he treats me like a child.

"How long have you known?" He asks.

"Since a few months before I quite the guild." I answer truthfully, silence falling between us. We reach the library and after a while of reading I find myself drifting off to sleep.

'Lucy?" I hear Grandeney's voice in my head

What do you need?

You know how you told me to tell you if Metalicana did anything?

Yes, I seem to recall this conversation, why?

He's sort of destroying a forest, do you want me to stop him?

No, that's fine, I can do it. I'll be there in a few minutes. I reply with a sigh as I stand up. I glance around and see Igneel asleep on the couch next to me. I walk out as quickly as possible, and teleport to the location that I now know Metalicana is in. When I get there I put angel wings on my back, and glare at him. "Metalicana!!" I yell as I see that he is lighting a forest on fire. He glances over in my direction when he hears me and I see fear radiating from him. "Get over here right now!!" I shout and he does as told, switching to his human form, Gajeel coming to stand a few feet away from us.

"What do you need?" He asks trying to maintain his calm.

"How many times have I told you not to draw attention to yourself!! I know that you like to be in trouble, but you could at least pretend to behave!!" I yell. I then grab him by the ear and teleport us back to his island. I snap my fingers and the island is destroyed. "If you ever do that again, you will have far worse than a hurt pride and destroyed island I snap. In his furry for what I have done his kicks me in the stomach. He probably didn't mean for me to land on the ground in pain, but with my weakening body that is exactly what happened. I instantly get back up and kick him right over his ribs and hear a small cracking sound. I then use some of my magic on him and walk away. "Never do that again." I growl loud enough for him to hear me before heading back towards the castle.

A few days later I walk back to his island and fix everything, feeling that I have punished him enough. I then walk over to the cave that he is in, and see him staring moodily into space. "Does it still hurt?" I ask calmly.

"Of course it still hurts!!" He snaps glaring at me, he knew when I walked in and hadn't been in the mood for talking. I walk towards him and placing my hands over his chest they start to glow and I can already see that he is feeling much better. "Why did you heal me?" He asks as I go to lean against the wall. I try to make it look like I am just leaning casually, but in reality it's the only thing holding me up right now. "Are you alright?? You're looking startlingly pale." He adds standing up and looking at me in concern.

"I'm fine, I'll just be going now." I reply going to walk towards the door, but stumbling a bit as I start to walk. He catches me when I start falling and holds me up.

"You most definitely are not fine, what did you do?" He asks.

"I was an idiot and while I'm already weak decided to heal you, I think I'm going to go eat something." I reply before walking out of the cave, with him close behind me.

"You shouldn't be going anywhere right now." He responds.

"I'm not, I said I was going to go eat something and I am." I reply heading into the now fixed castle. He looks highly amused at the fact that I fixed it and follows me inside, coming to eat with me.

Later the same night I wake up in the middle of the night in pain. I scream in agony, and the next thing I know Igneel is by my side staring at me in concern. "What's wrong?" He asks. He squeezes my hand gently as I close my eyes to ward off another wave of pain.

"I... Feel like.... I'm being.... att..acked... by my... magic." I manage to gasp out. He squeezes my hand tighter, and I close my eyes, hoping that this will be over soon. I now realize why it was that I started feeling weaker, it must have been so that I could in fact survive this. The pain feels almost unbearable, actually it is unbearable even now. The only thing that keeps me from crying out again is the fact that I know it will only worry Igneel more. He wants to protect me from everything, and seeing me in pain I can tell it is hurting him more than it should. I squeeze his hand gently and give him a small smile, before blacking out from the pain.