Chapter Three

Lucy's POV:

        The next morning I wake curled up against Natsu, with my head rested on his chest. I look up at him and see that his eyes are open and he is staring at me. I curl up closer to him and lay my head farther on his chest. I find that I am really cold this morning without his body heat, colder than I usually am in the morning. It's at that moment that I realize I am not wearing anything, and neither is Natsu, What happened last night??... Oh ya. I shouldn't have let it get so far last night, I shouldn't have allowed it to happen, and I definitely shouldn't have let Natsu kiss me in the first place.

        "I need to get up..." I murmur into his chest, trailing off. He wraps his arms more tightly around me when I say this and I just lay back against him. This wasn't supposed to happen, I shouldn't have gotten closer to him when I have to leave anyways. I have to tell him that I need to leave, I need to come up with something to make it so that he will believe me 100%. I pull at his arm gently and he lifts it so that I can go and get dressed. I put on a blue shirt, and black skirt before heading towards the kitchen to start on breakfast. "Where's Happy?" I call into the bedroom as I start pulling out the food.

        "I think he fell asleep on the couch." I hear Natsu call back. I walk into my living room to find Happy asleep under a throw blanket that he must have found in one of the closets.

        "There's fish on the table..." I whisper in his ear and he immediately leaps up with his wings outstretched heading towards the kitchen. I follow him in and after a few minutes I have placed a heaping stack of waffles on the table along with syrup, fruit, and smoothies. "Breakfasts done!!" I yell as I pull some juice out of the fridge. I turn around to find Natsu sitting in front of me with a smile on his face. He instantly starts digging into the food while Happy starts on his second fish.

        When we have all finished with our meal, we head towards the front door. I am already dressed so Natsu has decided that they can use my door for once and just walk with me towards the guild. When we reach the guild Natsu and Happy go over to a table that Gray is sitting at... that's a fight just waiting to happen, while I go and sit on a stool in front of Mira. "What's wrong?" She asks after I have sitting in front of her for a few minutes.

        "What do you mean?" I ask in surprise.

        "Well first of all your looking really sad today, when lately you've been doing nothing but smiling, and then there's the fact that you've been spending all this time with Natsu lately and the one day that you too come in at the same time you come to sit in front of me instead of spending time with me, so I will ask again What's wrong?" She asks gently.

        "Nothing's wrong Mira." I answer. I give her a false smile and make it looks as though I am happy for her sake. I have gotten used to lying to her and everyone else in this guild so it is easy for me to lie to her no matter how much it hurts me on the inside to do it. I stand up and start heading towards the table that Natsu and Gray are sitting at.

        "I'm still betting on you two!!" She calls after me and all I can do is smile at her innocence.

        When I reach them I find that they are in a heated argument and it looks like they are about to start fighting with each other. "Can I talk to you outside?" I ask tapping Natsu on the shoulder. He nods his head and follows me outside, when we get out there I walk around to the side of the building so that people will be less likely to but in or even listen to us. I want to make this as quick and easy as possible.

        "What's up?" He asks when we have stopped with him standing in front of me.

        "I'm quitting team Natsu." I murmur softly, not wanting it to be true, but knowing that it has to be.

        "What??!!" He asks in shock and surprise.

        "I'm quitting the team." I reply firmly. "I've already made up my mind, so don't even try to stop me." I add.

        "Why?" He asks so softly I almost don't catch it.

        "Because I need to." I answer.

        "Why!!!" He whines.

        "You want to know why? It's because of that right there. You whine when you don't get your way and act so childish all the time. I'm sick and tired of the fact that you always mess up our missions so we almost never get the rewards and then you come into my house whenever you please even though I tell you to stop. When I told you that I loved you before that was a complete and utter lie, I don't love you, I HATE YOU! You think your all high and mighty because you are a Dragon Slayer, when in reality it just makes you look stupid!" I respond in false anger. I didn't want to say any of this to him, never in my life would any of this be true, but I had to tell him something that would make him believe that I truely didn't want to be on his team, even if it breaks me inside.

        "You know what? I HATE YOU TOO!!! You think that I am the one that makes it so that we don't get what we should have earned during missions?? Your wrong it's YOU!!! If I wasn't saving you all the time then maybe we would be able to get things done without causing so much destruction. You are weak and always hide behind your spirits when in battles!! You let them take the hits for you when you should be taking them yourself!!! Thank you for quiting, now I don't have to kick you out myself." He yells at me before heading back into the guild. I know that normally he wouldn't have said any of this to me, but I pushed him when I called him a child and said that I hate him. I know that none of what he is saying to me is true, I know this is how he is when faced with a problem that I fight won't solve I planned for all of this.... But why do I feel sad?? Why have I started to cry???