Chapter Seventeen

Lucy's POV:

I walk into the dining room with Natsu at my side, the dragons are already seated at the table, and when I glance around I see that almost everyone is here. I sit down at the head of the table, with Natsu on my right, the others are having whispered conversations all around the table. "Where are Frost and Igneel?" I ask.

Some of them look up seeming to have realized for the first time that I am sitting there. Natsu has just started eating, piling his plate high with food, and glances up that the mention of Igneel's name. The Nature dragon Rose looks like she is about to answer, shifting her green eyes onto me and opening her mouth to speak when we hear hurried footsteps coming down the hall. The doors to the dining room open revealing a man with white hair and icy blue eyes. "Good evening Frost, have you seen Igneel anywhere?" I ask as he comes to take his seat next to Weisslogia.

"That's what I needed to speak with you about, he is getting mad at everyone and has refused to come to dinner! He demands that you remove some spell or something that you did to him, or else he says you guys can no longer be friends, I tried to get him to come since he is supposed to be here, but he made a firm point that he would not and that nobody could make him change his mind."He finishes, his voice coming out in huffs.

"He says that no one can change his mind?" I ask glancing over at him.

"Yes, that is what he told me, he says that if you don't remove the spell soon that you guys will never be friends again." He replies grabbing some food. Natsu looks surprised when he hears that his father would say such things when he knew that they would be told directly to me. He glances at me in concern and I just shrug my shoulders, knowing that he is just being over dramatic.

*Flashback*

Lucy's POV:

 "You know I really should have Grandeney take a look at these wounds, she could heal you far better than I could." He murmurs to me. I am six years old and just returned from another visit with my father, my visits with him have grown more frequent, with me going back every month or so. I stay there for about a week, spending that entire time in the cellar. He doesn't really care that I disappear afterwards, but some days he makes me stay longer and I feel so powerless against him, but I still love him as every six year old should love their parent.

 "No! You can't!! You can't let anyone know!! I don't want them to know or they won't let me go back anymore!! Please don't, I don't want them to worry about my more than I already do. I don't want them to be hurt because of my own pain, isn't it enough for one person to suffer without anyone else suffering as well?!" I exclaim in protest, not wanting him to tell anyone about what is going on. I know that he wants to protect me through all of this, but I don't want him to protect me like that, I don't need to be protected from these things, there are some battles you need to fight on your own.

 "You still care so much about him, through all that he has done to you you still love him. I know that you don't want me to tell the others, but they should know what is going on, you shouldn't be training when you have barely healed. You should let someone who can heal you more do this, and you should let them know what's going on so that they can be more gentle with you. I don't want you to get hurt worse because you didn't listen to me about something of such importance. You shouldn't be such a child when it comes to something as important as your health!" He exclaims his anger rising slightly.

 "I can't just stop caring about my father, you and I both know that I still love him as much as a child should. I don't want the others to know because then they will worry too much!! This has been happening for years and it hasn't affected my training, how many times have I had to tell you that I can handle this!!! As for you saying that I am acting like a child through all of this you and I both know that I do not act childish... I just love him too much to allow all of this to change how I care about him." I murmur, I had been yelling in the beginning, but now my voice is a murmur as I try to hold back my tears.

 "You know that you have a family here, don't you?" He asks sitting down next to me on the bed in his castle, he doesn't like to be in the castle he prefers to be in the caves of his island, but because he is gone so often spending time with the boy he is raising, and because I stay in the castle he is always in here when I come back. "We will always be here for you no matter what happens, and... if you need you could call me dad if you really want a fatherly figure." He adds.

 "No! I don't want another dad, I just want a friend." I cry.

 "If it's a friend that you want, then how about I just be that? I will be your very best friend that you can always come to if you need anything, even if it's just to shed your tears, I will be here for you." He smiles at me.

 "A friend... Yeah! I think that I like the thought of having a very best friend!! We'll be friends no matter what... Right?" I ask. I know that he has been there for me through all of this, but I need someone that I know will be there no matter what.

 "Of course, and because I trust you so much I am going to give you something very special." He smiles before handing me a diamond key with the the symbol for fire on it. "This is my key, you can summon me with it just like you do the rest of your spirits, if you ever need anything don't hesitate to call me. This is a sign of how much I trust you, your only allowed to give these to your very best friends." He adds smiling at me as a grin spreads across my face.

*End of Flashback*

After a few hours of sitting there talking with everyone and introducing Natsu to them without telling who he is, it doesn't really matter to them anyways as long as I trust him I finally remove the magic from around Igneel. I told Natsu that these are all the kings and queens of the different types of dragons, and after that moment of awe Natsu has been talking with them none stop. I sit there for a few more minutes, feeling exhaustion overtaking me since it is already past midnight. "I'm going to bed." I murmur in Natsu's ear as I head up the stairs, Saphira lay in my arms asleep.