Chapter 39

Natsu's POV:

Two weeks have passed since that day; the day Lucy told me the truth about Rose. She left a bit later; not giving me the chance to process it all, and even now I am quite a bit shocked. I sit with Happy inside the guild right now, as we argue over which is better, fish or fire. "Fire is the most delicous thing in the world, see?" I inform him before eating a piece of flaming chicken from the plate in front of me.

"It is not! Fish are the yummiest1 And you can't eat flames raw, with yummy fish you can!" He proclaims, proving his point by taking a bite out of the raw fish in front of him.

"Of course I can eat flames raw!" I retort, heading into the guild kitchen and picking up a flame from in there. I head out, and with a wide grin on my face eat the flames in front of him.

"Why are you two arguing over this? You're both idiots, you don't need to prove it more to us." I hear a familiar voice sigh from behind us. I turn towards him and stand, prepared to head towards him.

"A stripper like you doesn't have room to talk!" I call back, starting towards him. "And who are you calling an idiot?" I ask.

"You, you idiot." He responds standing up. I walk towards him, ready to throw as many punches as possible. "Are you sure there's anything in that head but flames?" He asks.

"At least I don't have to worry about where I put my clothes last!" I shout back, and before I know it I had thrown fire at him, at which he returns ice. This starts going back and forth, and before I know it I hear other voices starting to join in the fight. I don't pay much attention to them, too consumed in the battle in front of me.

"Enough!!" I hear a voice yell. A distant part of my mind tells me that I should probably listen, but the rest just wants to show Gray up. I continue battling, although I notice that the noise around us has lowered drastically. I don't stop even then, and although I am about to throw some fire, someone grabs me by the scarf, and rather than throwing the flames at Gray; my original target, I throw them at the person holding me. "I would not do that again." The blonde holding me growls, snuffling out the flames I directed at her.

Lucy's POV:

I regard the salmon haired boy in front of me; whom I love very much. "What am I going to do with you?" I murmur thoughtfully. The dragon's and dragon slayer's around the room being the only ones to hear what I have said.

When I came in there was full blown fighting all across the room. As soon as I had yelled, most people stopped what they were doing, realizing their error. Erza even got up to start towards the two still fighting, but I was already headed their way. Prepared to stop the fight as quickly as possible.

That brings me to where I am now, standing in front of Natsu as I regard him thoughtfully, as I decide what to do that would be a suitable punishment. "Love me??" He asks uncertainly.

"Hmm... I suppose I could do that..." I tease with a long sigh, playing the part as well as I can without laughing. He starts looking quite a bit down, before he perks up having thought of something.

"Fight me!!" He exclaims cheerfully. I regard him with amusment, wondering if I should play into this and allow for us to fight.

"Umm... Natsu..." Igneel starts, watching his son with alarm. "As much as I would love to see this, I don't think this is the best idea. In fact I know that this is a terrible idea. Take this from someone who has been fighting her since she has been a little girl." He nods towards me as he says this, as he continues to look extremely concerned.

"I suppose we could have a quick fight..." I murmur, playing into his desires. "We just have to do it outside." I add quickly, not wanting the guild any more destroyed than it already is. He nods, quickly agreeing; he has been wanting to fight me ever since he found out about my dragon slayer magic, not that he didn't want to even before then, when I was nothing more than a Celestial wizard in the eyes of the guild. He then promptly walks out of the guild; I follow him out, and we soon stand in a large clearing. "Are you sure you want to fight?" I ask, and he nods enthusiastically. "Don't worry, I won't fatally harm him." I add seeing the look on Igneel's face. I then smile at the Dragon Slayer in front of me, who has taken up a fighting stance, and wait for him to make the first move.

"Fire Dragon's Iron Fist!" He yells running towards me, the grin never leaving his face. I put my own fist up to meet his, almost snuffling out his flames, and pushing him back a few feet; before he can attack again, and pull out Loke's key. Summoning him I pull out my whip, which might actually be cheating since it has been magically enhanced. I then promptly change into one of my simplest armors, my angel armors. With that I use Loke as a distraction, and while Natsu is busy with him use the whip and wrap it around his hands, pulling it tightly and walking towards him. "Oi! That's cheating!!" He exclaims.

"It is not!" I protest coming to stand directly in front of him. "You wanted to fight, and I did. It's not my fault my magic includes my friends." I say with a smile. "Besides, you should have been paying more attention if you didn't want to lose." I add.

"It's still cheating." He murmurs.

"You could have had Happy help you." I respond, and without waiting for him to say anything else I kiss him gently, with him returning the kiss a bit harder. I don't know how long we stand there, in front of everyone just kissing, but after a minute I relax my grip on the whip, and though I am still kissing him I use my water dragon magic, and splash it all over his head. I am laughing at this having pulled away, when I hear someone clear their throat from behind me.

"Miss. Lucy, your presence has been requested by the king." Capricorn says from behind me.

"Of course, we can leave in just a moment." I say with a smile, before turning back towards Natsu who is soaking wet, with water dripping down from his hair onto his face. "What I actually come to do was... well, first to see if you would like to start seeing Rose more, and second see if you would like to come back to the realm sometime." I say with a smile.

"I- I would like to do that." He says, at first looking surprised that I have said anything.

"Alright." I say with a smile. "I'll see you again sometime soon then." I say with a smile, before walking over to where Capricorn stands with Loke, and head to the Celestial World.