Chapter 13

Lucy's POV:

        I walk back into the room that I have spent so much time in and sit down next to Natsu. He's sitting on the bed looking down, and I can see that he is smiling sadly. I hadn't wanted to believe that I could make someone think that I am mad at them, because of my own fear. I remember a time when I was deeply afraid, and I told myself that I would never make someone get hurt by my own fear again.

*Flashback.*

Lucy's POV:

        I have spent the last six months in the dragon realm, learning from all the dragons and now I am returning home. I spent a few weeks training with Bina, the Dragon of knowledge and wisdom and now I understand so much more. Igneel spent the first few days after I arrived in the realm teaching me magic, but then he left going to see his son. He has told me a lot about him... a boy by the name of Natsu that he cares dearly for. He teaches me during the weekends, and when I am not with him I am training with one of the other dragons.

        They have all been so kind to me, they don't even know how I came to be in their realm, but they care all the same. All the dragons have become my friends, and although they sometimes ask how I came to be Igneel's student they don't get mad if I don't give them an answer. It is so nice to know that they care, and I have even started mastering the basics of all the dragon slaying magic. I'm not anywhere near the end of my training with them, but I can hold my own when I fight them now... for a few minutes.

        When I reach the entrance to the mansion I walk straight in, knowing that I have been gone for a while but not knowing exactly how long. I walk past some of the servants, and when they see me tears of joy begin to leak down their faces. I head towards my fathers study and knock lightly on the door, hoping that he is in there.

        "Come in." I hear his voice call. I walk straight in and when he looks up to see who it is anger begins boiling on his face. He marches right towards me and pulling me by the arm leads me out of the room. He leads me down the stairs, into the cellar, and before I know it he has directed me to a spot on the cold stone floor to sit. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!! YOU HAVE BEEN GONE FOR MONTHS AND NOW YOU SHOW UP!! I THOUGHT THAT YOU HAD FINALLY STOPPED WITH YOUR EVILNESS, BUT IT WAS YOUR FAULT THAT YOUR MOTHER DIED AND NOW I AM SURE YOU HAVE KILLED MORE INNOCENT PEOPLE!!! IT IS TIME THAT YOU LEARNED THAT IT IS YOUR FAULT NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS!!" He yells. I sit there shaking as he comes towards me with what looks like a metal bar. He places it upon my back, after cutting away part of my dress and I feel unbearable heat burning across my back. I start screaming, and I don't stop until the pain has become too much and I black out.

Igneel's POV:

        "WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE WENT BACK HOME!!!!" I roar.

        "She told us that she wanted to go and visit her father and then opened a portal, it isn't like we LET her do anything." Grandeney replies. "Besides, why does it matter if she visits her father?" She adds.

       "It doesn't. It doesn't matter at all if she visits him." I murmur more to reassure myself than to tell her." I walk out of the room hoping that Lucy will return to us safely.

Lucy's POV:

        I wake up in the bedroom that I spent all my time in before my mother died. I see a maid standing beside me looking downright upset. "Don't look so down, there is nothing to be unhappy about when you have so much to see." I smile trying to cheer her up. I don't know exactly who she is, but I don't want to see anyone so close to tears.

*End of Flashback*
Lucy's POV:

        "Natsu?" I ask after I have been sitting there for a minute.

        "Yeah Luce?" He asks not looking up.

        "Can I talk to you outside for a minute?" I ask getting up and walking out the door without giving him the chance to reply. I hear him get up and follow me out of the room, I walk down the back stairs and head towards the guilds back doors with him following silently behind me. When I have gotten out there I head towards the woods, into a clearing where I know that we won't be heard and wait for him to catch up to me, sitting down on the grass in front of a small waterfall.

        "What's up?" He asks.

        "You think that I am mad at you, when I am not, you may think that I am, but I can promise you that what I am doing has nothing to do with you. I am more mad at myself than I could ever be mad at you, you have to understand that. I let others get the better of me because I let their emotions control what I did, and I am dearly sorry for that." I apologize looking down at the ground as he sits down next to me. "The only reason that I have not looked at you since I came back, is because I am afraid..." I murmur as my tears begin to fall.

        "You have nothing to be afraid of." He smiles hugging me.

        "On the contrary I have everything to be afraid of." I reply.

        "Why?" He asks. I can feel the confusion coming from him.

        "Every time people look me in the eyes they see a monster, one that they would have been able to pretend I'm not if they didn't see them." I reply looking at him, "My eyes have scared so many people since I woke up, and I've been afraid that you would be too." I add, my tears streaming down my cheek.

        "I think that they are beautiful." He smiles wiping away my tears with the back of his hand. "The perfect color for someone that should always shine brighter than everyone else." He adds. He gives me a light kiss, which I quickly return knowing that he has spoken the truth.

        "Thank you." I murmur pulling him into another kiss.