Chapter 36

Lucy's POV:

As soon as we have gotten to the castle, I release all those around us, not even bothering to try pulling out the dagger. I already know that I am going to have to let it heal naturally, and allow myself to feel weak for the next few days. I walk away from the others without saying anything to them, hearing Natsu call to me concerned, and head towards the throne room. As soon as I get there one of the fairies that line the walls opens the door for me, and I walk in, prepared to have a long conversation with the leader of the demons.

When I walk in I see that he is already standing farther into the room, and I am glad for this. When he hears the door shut he turns towards me, and he's looking rather upset right now. He waits for me to take my seat on the throne, either sensing my anger or understanding that I'm tired. "Do you know what it's like for a demon to return to you telling you that they met someone that said that they wanted to see me immediately?? It was enough work getting him to calm down, and stop screaming enough to tell me what happened. He didn't even know that you existed, didn't do anything wrong, and now I have to worry about a demon that is screaming in agony because you scratched him with a blade. What was even on that blade??" He demands as soon as I have sat down.

"He did a million things wrong, and he can suffer a few days because of this. You know that there are rules against demons being in Earth Land, so imagine my surprise when I found that he was there, and that he had been killing humans. As for the blade, well... there was nothing on it that would have harmed him. What you should be asking is what that blade was. I'll tell you now, it's a blade forged of holy metal by the angels. I only scratched him, but there will be much pain for a while." I say calmly.

"That still doesn't mean that you can just cut them and then make them return to me in pain. There are some things that you simply cannot do. He did nothing to harm you, and you could have come and gotten me for that matter and had me deal with it." He says looking furious.

"I suppose that would have been helpful, he shouldn't have thrown daggers at me and my friends. Even with that I still tried to stay calm, it was only after they were being thrown at me that I even thought of attacking him in any way, so I would advise against saying anything else about it." I say calmly. He looks mildly surprised by what I have said.

"He threw a dagger at you? Did it hit you? He didn't say anything about throwing things, he just said that you attacked him and you wanted me to come see you." He says, now looking frightened by this turn of events.

"I am perfectly fine." I say ignoring his questions. "Now, I would suggest doing something about your demons running around killing people before I figure out a permanent solution to this problem." I add, and he nods. "I do believe that you have things to do now, so I won't keep you." I say in way of dismissing him. He looks uncertain, and is about to leave when Natsu walks in without knocking.

"What are you doing here??!!" He demands, and without waiting for an answer he looks up at me. "You had us really worried, leaving in such a hurry. There are also a lot of things that you haven't explained to us." He says.

"There are a lot of things that I won't be telling you." I answer, before looking at Zeref again. "Now leave before I decide he needs another punishment." I say and he strides towards the door.

"Y-" Natsu starts, but is cut off by a voice behind him.

"She's not going to be telling you anything, it would be best if you just left for now." Igneel says from where he stands in the shadows, having been here throughout the entire thing. Natsu, knowing not to argue with his father walks out of the room, and Zeref follows behind him.

For the next little while Igneel and I sit in the small sitting room, along the wall on the right hand side of my throne, and we talk about all that has happened. I tell him about spending time with my friends for a few minutes, and then we switch to the battle, and when I mention the dagger he looks concerned, and I lift up my cloak taking it off, to show him where it is embedded into my skin. "We should get that taken care of soon, we wouldn't want you getting an infection... or other things." He says and I understand what he means. He's worried that it may have harmed the child, but that's the first thing that I worried about, and I healed as much as I could. That didn't help with my energy loss, but I know I'll live.

He grabs the medical supplies that I keep in here, and knowing that I won't be able to heal it with my magic, starts bandaging me. Afterwards I leave the room in a new dress, and go to find the others so that we can go and get our reward. They are very happy to be going somewhere, and to see that I am fine. We are in and out of the council building quickly, and although Jellal is against going back in we are quick. Although, when he gave us the reward he kept watching me carefully and trying his hardest be do things perfectly.

After we have finished there we head back to the guild, and after having divided up the money among us, I head up to the master's office. I enter without knocking, and when he sees me a smile lights up his face. "Lucy, my dear child. What can I do for you?" He asks. I set a large stack of money on his desk and he looks surprised. "What is all this for?" He asks, shocked.

"I think this will help with some of... the damage that people in the guild cause, and I have also come to tell you that for the next few months I will not be coming to the guild. There are many things that I need to take care of." I say. He nods his understanding, and after a heartwarming farewell, I head back to the realm. I didn't give him the reason actual reason, but I couldn't. I couldn't tell him that within the next few months I would be having my child, and that there is much that I need to take care of before hand. These are just some things that a person does not need to know. I just wish that I could have had the tradition nine months, but it's actually only been about three. I guess that's just one of the curses of being a dragon.