Chapter 40

Lucy's POV:

I sit in a meeting surrounded by dragons, angels, gods, a few faeries, and even some of the most important celestial spirits; this includes The Celestial King, Loke, and Aquarius. Aquarius has actually been given special clearance to be here, given that her key is broken. I have been sitting through this meeting with them for hours, having made much headway in most areas. I can also tell that many of us are hoping to leave soon, having been sitting here far too long. We started in the morning, at eight, and we are still sitting here hours later, when it is almost twelve thirty. "I think there is something more that we have forgotten... something very important." Stellar says looking around to find many very confused faces. I think the same though it on everyone's minds. What could we have forgotten? "There are two members of this council who are bot here." He adds.

"If that is all you are worried about I can put some of your mind to ease." I say from where I sit at the head of the table in the large council room located near my throne room.  "Igneel is spending the day with his son, which I gave him explicit permission to do, and I am suppose to be meeting them later this afternoon. As for Zeref, I have not heard from him in quite a few weeks, and do not know what is going on in that area." I explain, hoping it is enough for them on that subject.

"Not that I'm trying to complain, but I think that with all Zeref's talk about wanting to be in on what's going on, and have an input on matters he should at least try to come to our meetings." Metalicanna says. I know that he means this wholeheartedly, this not being the first meeting he missed, but it is by far the most important.

"I shall speak with him to find out what is going on." I say with a small sigh that I hope none of them catch. I don't really want to be dealing with this on top of all these other things. I glance down at the stack of papers in front of me, knowing all the work I am going to be having ahead of me. I flip over a few papers to the things that I need to discuss, before looking back up at them. "What other things do any of you need discussed today?" I ask looking around, wanting this to be over with as soon as possible.

"I think that there are a few things that might need to be discussed from us." Sanvi the angel of knowledge says. I have already spoken of the gods, dragons, and fairies matters that they needed to talk about, and now all I have left are them and the Celestial Spirits. "I know that this may take a bit to fix, but this is something that could be very helpful to people. There is darkness all around Earth land and..." This starts a rather long account that I take many notes on, she touches many subjects, and after over half an hour she has said everything she needs to, including some key things that some others even thought were very good ideas.

"Thank you. I will try and get as much of this fixed as I can." I say with a smile, before turning towards The Celestial King. "Is there anything that I might be able to help you with?" I ask.

"We won't take too much of your time, but I was actually hoping that you might be able to help us with the expansion of our realm, and maybe some small changes there." The King says. I nod to this, already thinking of how I will be able to do this.

"I actually have some things I would like to say as well." Loke says, and I nod allowing for him to continue. "The other spirits and I were wondering if it would be alright for more..." He begins, starting a long account, followed by a declaration of love. I listen to all of this, and as soon as he has finished and there is nothing else to be said right now, I excuse my self to head to the lake I promised Natsu and Igneel I'd meet them at. We arranged to have lunch together, and I can only hope that they haven't already eaten everything.

When I get there I can't find them anywhere, and I know that they would have to have at least already left, so I decide to follow my nose, and find that they are only about a mile away. Running there the way only a dragon can with their incredible speed I show up to find something in front of me that I never dreamed that I would find. The most terrible thing that I could have dreamed of finding.

I look around to find that Igneel in his dragon form is lying on the ground with his arm and part of a wing gone... dead, and Natsu lay beside him blood falling freely from many areas on his body. Even without checking I already know  that he is dead as well. His scent has already begun to disappear, and I know that there is no way that either of them are still alive. And... Rose lay with her head slightly smashed, with no chance of her survival even in she were still alive right now. I allow a few of my tears to fall, trying to hold them back, but knowing there is no use. I have just lost the people that I care about the most in this world.

"This may be a bad time." I hear Zeref say from behind me, and I turn to find that he has been standing there the whole time. "But... Well, I'm afraid I'm going to have to tell you that the demons are leaving their alliance. I hope there aren't any hard feelings." He adds, not looking the least bit apologetic. He then walks out of the clearing, and with that, it comes to be too much and I allow my tears to fall freely.

A/N: Hey guys!! I'm sorry to tell you that I am not going to be updating for a few weeks. Please tell me your opinions of the chapter and I'll be back as soon as I can.