Chapter Nine

Lucy's POV:

            When I am about to tell him, to tell him all of it I stop. I know that if I do tell him that he could be mad at Natsu for the things that he said to me in his anger and I don't think that I could live with that. I don't think I could bear it if he judged his actions and started thinking terribly of him. I also couldn't stand it if he knew about it, because no matter how much I tell myself that it was just out of anger it makes me sad when I think of the fact that Natsu called me weak. Instead of telling him all of these things I rush up to him and cry against him. He doesn't know why I am crying, but he hugs me until all the tears dry out and I start hugging him back.

        "Do you want to go to the palace?" I ask after some time.

        "If that is what you wish." He answers. We head off the island, flying in the direction of the palace.

        We walk into the dining room to find the other dragons already seated around the table. I take my seat at the head of the table and start digging into the food. Igneel sits beside me, we eat in silence while the others have murmured conversations with each other. When I have finished the Stellar, the star dragon looks up at us. "We think that we should discuss what goes on from here." He declares, his silver eyes trained on me. The others nod their heads in agreement and I get up from the table.

        "We should go into the throne room then, I need to contact some people in there anyways." I answer walking towards the doors to the room. Igneel gets up and walks beside me.  When we get in there I go to sit on the throne. I don't normally sit there, because I like to treat them as my equals, but when something important comes up I know that I am supposed to sit here. All of the dragons including Igneel stand a few yards away from the throne, in such a manner that I can see each of them.

        "What happened while you were in earthland?" Rose, one of the nature dragons asks speaking up for the first time since I came. When I have meals with people there is a representitive for each type of dragon. If all of the dragons came to have dinner with me the entire castle would be filled.

        "While I was in Earth-land... Let me see I joined Fairy Tail, made some new friends, went to visit my father... boy that was a mi-" I start.

        "YOU VISIT YOUR FATHER!!!!" Igneel roars. He changes into his dragon form in his anger, I guess he still remembers what he did.

        "Igneel!!" I scold. He instantly goes back to his original form. "Speak to me when our business is finished here." I order. "Anyways as I was saying it was a mistake to visit my father, and then I quit the team I was on and the guild. Any questions?" I ask.

        "Why did you quit?" Grandeeney asks.

        "That is a question I would rather not answer, if you don't mind." I reply. "Anything else?" I add.

        "Will you be going back?" Metalicana asks.

        "I don't know at the moment, now enough about my being gone. I missed all of you very much and it is nice to see you again." I smile. They all smile back before walking out of the room after making sure that I don't have anything else to say to them. Igneel slowly walks towards me and stops a few feet in front of me. I walk towards him and pull him into a hug, "I miss him so much!" I sob against him.

        "You never said, who is he?" He ponders. I don't think that he is actually talking to me, I think he is just saying it to himself.

        "I guess you could say that I care to much about him, that boy is going to be the end of the both of us you know. I just can't seem to forget about him, no matter how much I try.... All that time I spend with you must remind me of him, you guys are so alike in some ways. You would have to be, seeing as how he is your son." I continue crying through all of this, I don't care who cares at the moment, or that I am telling him. I just need to tell someone, and it just felt right to tell him.

Igneel's POV:

        I hug her tightly as she continues to cry, after what she has told me I am in total and utter shock. My son is the one that she hurt and loves so much that I know she didn't really mean it. I feel the magic energy pouring from her as she cries and all I can do is hold her. I don't think she has given off this much energy before, I didn't even know she had this much. She starts to glow and I step back, within moments the glowing becomes more intense until a silver dragon is infront of me roaring in pure agony. I can hear her sadness more now that she has switched forms and within moments the other dragons come into the room.

        "What happened?" Grandeeney asks rushing in with the others following behind her.

        "I honestly don't know." I answer truthfully. Another moment and I see one of Lucy's spirits in front of us. I believe she said that his name was Loki, and when I see the look on his face I know that he is feeling her pain as well.

        "We didn't know." He sighs sadly. "She was able to hide it from everyone, including us." He adds. The sorrow is evident in his voice. I few moments later I see a portal open and know that it must be Lucy's doing and she is gone in seconds. I look around and the other dragons have the same look as I do, there's nothing we can do if we didn't know in the first place, but I know one thing that they don't it's all because of my son.

Lucy's POV:

        I open a portal still screaming in my own pain and sadness, although I know that I am actually roaring. Somehow I know what is happening, even though I know that it isn't possible, I couldn't have turned into a dragon. I look around and see that I am about 100 yards from the path that leads to Fairy Tail. I hear shouting and look down to see Natsu is in front of me... When did that happen?

        "HEY YOU!! YOU UP THERE!!! DRAGON BREATH!! DO YOU KNOW WHERE IGNEEL THE FIRE DRAGON IS??" He shouts up to me. "I'M LOOKING FOR IGNEEL HAVE YOU SEEN HIM!!!!" He continues to yell. He stops when he sees that I am looking straight at him. "Well have you??" He asks again more quietly. I can feel my magic power fading, and know that I'm going to fall if I'm not careful.

        'IGNEEL!!!!' I shout through my mind, I watch as those around me cover their ears, when did so many people get here? The last thing I rememer is my magic disappearing as I start to fall.